hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

are we finished?

Haven't seen or heard from AS since our latest addition, has he said if we are still looking to bring in 1 or 2 more? Is O'Dea on the radar what about mcfadden? Or is that us until January?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    I would say finished. Was made clear we have overspent playing budget already and further with new Striker. We can't free up wages by releasing anyone more (who would agree to go and not be paid if they can't be registered with another club till Jan)

Other than CH / RB we have numbers for most positions (could argue all day about merits of each and whether they are good enough)

Hopefully Hanlon fit (I think Alloa pitch was reason for not risking) and Gray stays fit

@hibs.net private member
    Would really have liked a couple more in but think this will be it. Unless we can offload players in January this may be it for the season...

Absolutely astonishing that we can be over-budget with such a small and inexperienced squad.

Left by mutual consent!
    We've had a midfielder and defender on trial recently. I'd say we're still looking but only for the right quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've had a midfielder and defender on trial recently. I'd say we're still looking but only for the right quality.
    Like to think so ,but may depend on what we ended up having to fork out to get Malonga as the priority was a replacement for Farid so Malonga s agent would know that .But if we are over Budget and pushing to come right back up this season then you would assume if the right player is identified then we would push the boat out further to get them in .
    But I think if we don't get someone else in this week then that will be it till January .

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Absolutely astonishing that we can be over-budget with such a small and inexperienced squad.
    12 seniors + 3 loans out and 5 seniors + 4 loans in.
    That's a net loss of 6 players.

While I don't think we'll be paying top dollar for the players we brought in I'd imagine that they'll be on a decent wage - probably above what Caldwell, Murdoch and Cairney for example were on.

Given that I'd say it's probably about what I'd expect for the budget cut we'll have had - especially given that budget will have been set with not getting promotion this season taken into account. A second season also presumably without the parachute payment and possibly without the cash bonus of 4 home games against sevco and the yams

Totally agree wtf?

I hope we are not finished as we desperately need a defensive midfielder. We've gone from having loads of them to not having a single one in a year. IMO neither Craig or Robertson can play the sitting/defensive midfield role and if we plan to persist with them in there then we as a team and they as individuals are going to struggle.

I was no fan of Tudor Jones but when I seen he'd been released I assumed it was because we already had a replacement lined up. I'm hoping we have and it's just taking a bit longer than expected to get it over the line.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Not really, LD has already stated she can't believe how badly the club had been run before she arrived. Its no surprise when you think about what she has said, money is tight.

I remember Mikey stating a year 18 months ago, that the club had rained in its spending that much on administration and the shop that it was actually affecting their performance and image to the customer.

Why would it be any different with the rest of the business?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Not really, LD has already stated she can't believe how badly the club had been run before she arrived. Its no surprise when you think about what she has said, money is tight.
    Add in the fact that we are about 2,000 down on season ticket sales and from that reduced income we are still paying the worst managerial team in living memory and it was obvious we were going to have a smaller squad. LD is smart and i'm sure she realised that from the start. She has been trying to get us used to the idea of having a smaller squad for weeks now. The problem she has is our nightmare start has left a lot of us looking at the squad and wondering if it is really enough to challenge. Time will tell on that but i'm not very optimistic at the moment.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    12 seniors + 3 loans out and 5 seniors + 4 loans in.
    That's a net loss of 6 players.

While I don't think we'll be paying top dollar for the players we brought in I'd imagine that they'll be on a decent wage - probably above what Caldwell, Murdoch and Cairney for example were on.

Given that I'd say it's probably about what I'd expect for the budget cut we'll have had - especially given that budget will have been set with not getting promotion this season taken into account. A second season also presumably without the parachute payment and possibly without the cash bonus of 4 home games against sevco and the yams
    We let 24 players go at the end of the season and into the start of this one. That must be a huge chunk off the playing staff.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    I would say finished. Was made clear we have overspent playing budget already and further with new Striker. We can't free up wages by releasing anyone more (who would agree to go and not be paid if they can't be registered with another club till Jan)

Other than CH / RB we have numbers for most positions (could argue all day about merits of each and whether they are good enough)

Hopefully Hanlon fit (I think Alloa pitch was reason for not risking) and Gray stays fit
    Somebody should really tell Lewis Toshney if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Just being good old chaps and offering him training facilities.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Just being good old chaps and offering him training facilities.
    My take on it is, AS admits to having LT in on trial but admits a striker was his priority. Striker now signed but probably allowed another defender in.

Slightly different topic, I see you ran Super League Armadale close yesterday at millfield and your two of your old clubs have drawn each other in the Scottish (Tranent v. Edinburgh Utd for those watching in black and white).

Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    We let 24 players go at the end of the season and into the start of this one. That must be a huge chunk off the playing staff.
    24 is a misleading number. Many of those were youngsters on a low wage who will have been replaced in the youth squad by 16 year olds on a similar wage.

The key is to look at the senior players that have moved on and the number of replacements that have been brought in. We have no way of knowing whether the new arrivals are on more or less than the departures, other than that they all look to be decent players.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    James McFadden might still be coming in I think

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    James McFadden might still be coming in I think
    Source?
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member
    A decent source Steve without divulging it but suffice to say our offer isn't great and he is holding out for more. I didnt ask what our offer is

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    O'Dea training at Celtic Park but seemingly not yet fully recovered from injury. Would be a coup if we got him but imagine he'll have more lucrative offers on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    O'Dea training at Celtic Park but seemingly not yet fully recovered from injury. Would be a coup if we got him but imagine he'll have more lucrative offers on the table.
    Not a chance he will be at Hibs IMO

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    From that I'm taking it that he has spoken to us but isn't interested, unless of course he doesn't get a better, 'more exciting' offer soon had will have to revisit one of the 2 Scottish clubs that have spoken to him (assuming we are one of the two)

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    From that I'm taking it that he has spoken to us but isn't interested, unless of course he doesn't get a better, 'more exciting' offer soon had will have to revisit one of the 2 Scottish clubs that have spoken to him (assuming we are one of the two)
    I think he has spoken to us LH but we will be the last to know of any development as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    heard at a junior game on Saturday Lewis had signed on Friday night, no idea if true or not, guy seemed to know about his trial with hearts and how they couldn't afford to sign him

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    I think he has spoken to us LH but we will be the last to know of any development as usual.
    As it should be IMO.

I think the money has gone other places instead of the squad,how many backroom staff did we bring in ??

Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    I think the money has gone other places instead of the squad,how many backroom staff did we bring in ??
    Probably more the fact we're still paying Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum to look after their gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    If we are his last port of call when he has not had any other offer then would question how motivated he would be That's the last thing we need right now .

Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    If you include the current vacancy, three more than we shipped out. Personally I think it's important to get the backroom staff right and I doubt their arrival had any effect on the player budget
    This is how it feels