hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Well, this explains why we always panic buy dross at the end of the transfer window

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Is this accurate? Did she really admit the player budget was knocked back time and time again until it was agreed on the 28/08/14? I know we are in a mess but all the back room changes and stories coming out now show RP has been a disaster at Hibs. So much for a well run club .

@hibs.net private member Newcastlehibby's Avatar
    It is strange that none of the reports I have read from people who were at the forums made any mention of a late budget authorisation. Perhaps the writer misheard?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    It was most probably a rebudget. Businesses do it all the time

Left by mutual consent!
    I remember working in hospitality and being told the head chef at Easter Road, we're going back 7 years or so now, faked his job application and wasn't actually a chef.

It seems Petrie (or his/Farmer's cronies may've been making a lasagna with pickled onions again, the fools.
    Last edited by Scott Allan Key; 06-09-2014 at 07:17 AM.

It's in the Record. It must be true...

it is supposedly written by a fan so could have some truth.

@hibs.net private member
    Who is Jamie Montgomery? Does he post on here?

Daily record, Christ, you'd get more truth out the viz

I was there on Monday night and LD definitely said that it took her 3 attempts to get her budget through and it was only agreed a few days ago.
    She also got frustrated when a guy asked how much STF wanted for the club so I think the article is accurate.
    She did say however that this budget will result in a substantial loss as the club are spending more than we bring in to try and get promoted and the injury to Farid meant we needed to find a like for like replacement which presumably wasn't in the agreed budget??
    I had no idea that the Record had a Hibs blogger and never heard of Jamie Montgomery but will be following him from now on.

It wasn't mentioned at the Wednesday meeting and regarding the cost to buy the club, she did say it is not all about money and that seems to be true, Sir Tom has no intention of selling up unless the proposal looks after the interests of Hibernian football club as well as the correct price, so a bit of journalistic licence employed by the Record . Surprise surprise. .

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    I notice that poll at the end asks "Are you happy with your club's transfer deadline day signings?" and that one of the answers is "Good, but we could of done better". That's amateur stuff

At the 1st meeting she had with fans she admitted that, due to relegation, the budget for players would be cut. I'm not sure anyone would be surprised by that. What I would say is it was the one question she seemed very defensive about and the only time she employed the old politicians trick of flipping the question back at the asker.

Maybe these rebudgets were actually increasing the budget after the realisation the squad we had was clearly inadequate?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I notice that poll at the end asks "Are you happy with your club's transfer deadline day signings?" and that one of the answers is "Good, but we could of done better". That's amateur stuff
    FFS!!!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by James Montgomery
    If Hibs were a girlfriend, you would have dumped them years ago for someone more reliable, fun and less disappointing in bed.
    Well said!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Who is Jamie Montgomery? Does he post on here?
    Assuming there's only one that goes by that name then I know him.

Does post on here but not going to say who it is as he's got the right to keep it private the same as everyone else.

If you take the Farid/Dom thing then its more than likely the budget was reassessed when it became clear how serious the injury was. In that respect I suppose the 'final' budget wasn't known till then.

I also suspect our bad start to the season has exposed holes in the squad which may be why we're seemingly still looking at players, again that wouldn't be clear till after the season started.
    Space to let

Transfer budget

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    I was there on Monday night and LD definitely said that it took her 3 attempts to get her budget through and it was only agreed a few days ago.
    She also got frustrated when a guy asked how much STF wanted for the club so I think the article is accurate.
    She did say however that this budget will result in a substantial loss as the club are spending more than we bring in to try and get promoted and the injury to Farid meant we needed to find a like for like replacement which presumably wasn't in the agreed budget??
    I had no idea that the Record had a Hibs blogger and never heard of Jamie Montgomery but will be following him from now on.
    This is absolutely ridiculous!!
    Its as though the board want us to succeed in nothing but FAILURE.
    Sacking the board seems to be the only option for the club to progress,
    even to survive by the sound of things.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    If the board members were to leave, would Dempster have to go?

Regardless, I think she's capable of doing a very good job.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by jax67 View Post
    This is absolutely ridiculous!!
    Its as though the board want us to succeed in nothing but FAILURE.
    Sacking the board seems to be the only option for the club to progress,
    even to survive by the sound of things.
    Which parts are ridiculous? It is common practice to re-assess the budget. We needed to. Do you think it is ridiculous that the board are saying we are spending more than we earn? A bit of a drama queen response from you in my opinion. I

@hibs.net private member JoeT_WasTheBest's Avatar
    I was there on Monday and she did not say it was playing budgets that were only agreed a few days before. She only said budgets. I didn't take this to mean playing budgets and I guess others didn't either, otherwise there was plenty time to question this further.

The blogger is trying to add colour to the comment to make it controversial, IMHO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    Deary me.

That's just the way it is now though - there'll be folk reading your post that have no idea what you're on about.

Also 'nothing off the table' was about future ownership and although that was clear in the invitation there were a few that misunderstood.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT_WasTheBest View Post
    I was there on Monday and she did not say it was playing budgets that were only agreed a few days before. She only said budgets. I didn't take this to mean playing budgets and I guess others didn't either, otherwise there was plenty time to question this further.

The blogger is trying to add colour to the comment to make it controversial, IMHO.
    Did anyone question the "budget" or was it clearly not playing budget?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT_WasTheBest View Post

So, by inserting the word "playing" he has lied? A risky thing to do, I would have thought.

She certainly did not say it was a players budget, but I took it to be an overall budget that would include everything.
    Calling it a budget is probably wrong as we are not trying to balance the books this year so I presume she was asking the board to agree on an amount that they were happy to exceed our income by.

It strikes me that the author has chosen to interpret various comments made in a completely different way from the most of the others who were there. To judge from the various threads on here the vast majority left the meeting feeling much more positive than when they went in.

But then they didn't have a 'controversial' article to write.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Well said!
    Unless you happened to love said girlfriend.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Unless you happened to love said girlfriend.
    Well said. That's why I just enjoy a bit of Chelsea on the side.

Jamie does post here so I'll be interested to see if he replies here to defend his blog.

From what I understand, he hasn't actually attended a game this season however. He's in the "I'm no goin back til Petrie's gone" camp.

Not sure the budget point is that startling personally.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    It strikes me that the author has chosen to interpret various comments made in a completely different way from the most of the others who were there. To judge from the various threads on here the vast majority left the meeting feeling much more positive than when they went in.

But then they didn't have a 'controversial' article to write.

If you can interpret what she said in 2 different ways by 2 different groups, each group with no hard evidence as to which is correct then it does create a concern that maybe they didn't explain things fully as they should and make it clear. This is where, IMO, the club should come out and explain things regarding the article. Silence will only lead to more questions and concerns.

You mention the vast majority came out feeling more positive than they went it. Given that the people tha attended were a very small % of the actual hibs support, if they could convince them it filters through the whole support as the knew it would be shared on these forums.

This is where a transcript or video of the Q&A would have helped and let the support decide themselves.