hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Tonight's supporters meeting

If (like me) you're going to the supporters meeting tonight - what should we expect?

I thought the timing of the meeting last night was poor considering the the transfer deadline

The dust has nowhere near settled and it could be a a real powder keg situation

I hope the fans have composure with the passion we obviously all hold for our club

GGTTH
    Last edited by Hibs History; 02-09-2014 at 08:30 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Strong words are needed tonight, very strong words, but as always we need a vote of no confidence with our bums on seats at ER not sipping a lager in the comfort of a club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs History View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If (like me) you're going to the supporters meeting tonight - what should we expect?

I thought the timing of the meeting last night was poor considering the the transfer deadline

The dust has nowhere near settled and it could be a a real powder keg situation

I hope the fans have composure with the passion we obviously all hold for our club

GGTTH
    I think the lid on the chocolate cookie jar will be firmly closed, at best I think you could expect plain digestive biscuits (and they will probably be the ASDA own brand ones too!)

Can somebody ask how the 'well society' is doing and if LD would deem it a success?

Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    Can somebody ask how the 'well society' is doing and if LD would deem it a success?
    Think it's been talked about on radio on tam Cowan show and it's clearly not been a resounding success and he should know given he is a well fan.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Think it's been talked about on radio on tam Cowan show and it's clearly not been a resounding success and he should know given he is a well fan.
    he knows that...he is making a, not so subtle, point....

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    But important as her history of fan involvement and budgets is not good

I was at the meeting which was to gauge interest in either fan representatives (2) on the board or a fan takeover. She have examples of Hearts, Dunfermline, Motherwell and Germany.
    During meeting her phone rang 5/6 times and she said it was George Craig.
    She said that she had been subject to considerable abuse verbal and written since Saturday but she also said that the board and management had been working flat out to
    Replace Farid who will be out for about 8 months.
    I left convinced that we would hAve a signing last night but it must have fallen through.
    She did say that the signings could be made after the window.

@hibs.net private member
    But important as her history of fan involvement and budgets is not good
    a cheap shot at that....and here's me thinking you were trying to rise above all that...

a cheap shot at that....and here's me thinking you were trying to rise above all that...
    I would say it's probably correct and very important. I have no idea what she has done that people enthuse over so much.

Seems it's personal with you and our CEO.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Seems it's personal with you and our CEO.
    Is my question not relevant and pertinent ? A simple yes or no will do

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Please be polite and respectful but don't let Ms Dempster sugar coat the fiasco that is Hibs at the moment. She will have read the boards, be aware of the feelings and will have her responses ready, don't fall for it.

Is my question not relevant and pertinent ? A simple yes or no will do

Does the matter answer? Your mind is made up, you have been running with this for weeks now.

@hibs.net private member
    I've emailed them to say I'm no longer interested in their spin and won't be attending this evening, so there's a place available for someone who is still a believer or someone who wants to hear the spin directly

Success as in they have two fans on the board.

Unsuccessful as in they have only raised around half (700k) of the £1.5m they wanted too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Please be polite and respectful but don't let Ms Dempster sugar coat the fiasco that is Hibs at the moment. She will have read the boards, be aware of the feelings and will have her responses ready, don't fall for it.
    It would take the entire contents of Tate and Lyle's warehouse to sugar coat this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Success as in they have two fans on the board.

Unsuccessful as in they have only raised around half (700k) of the £1.5m they wanted too.
    So the club there did it's part but the fans didn't? Or is that too simplistic?
    If we do go down the fan ownership route, (I am still hoping that Kano can get a bid together), the onus really will be on ourselves.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    It's the fans fault we didnt back them so we deserve this mess we are left with, if it wasn't for us the club would be fine!

Still think we will sign a striker prior to our next game
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    So the club there did it's part but the fans didn't? Or is that too simplistic?
    If we do go down the fan ownership route, (I am still hoping that Kano can get a bid together), the onus really will be on ourselves.
    In a nutshell Boyle who owns 70% (I think) wanted out. Was gifting his shares to the Society. Think they needed £1.5m raised now they wouldn't have a wealthy owner to guarantee any loans etc. Up until Leanne left they raised £500k although i think through the summer they announced a further £200k had been raised.

Plenty enthusiasm to start with but dried up a bit. I may have been reading into it wrong however I think the Well Society was collecting one of donations which sounds unsustainable. Not many folk out there can afford to chuck £300 in a oner, after a £350 season ticket but i'd imagine plenty could spare £20 a month over a longer period of time.

If any of that is wrong feel free to correct me.

Dunno if Collin who was chairing the meeting will be posting any notes up once all three meetings have taken place?

@hibs.net private member millarco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    In a nutshell Boyle who owns 70% (I think) wanted out. Was gifting his shares to the Society. Think they needed £1.5m raised now they wouldn't have a wealthy owner to guarantee any loans etc. Up until Leanne left they raised £500k although i think through the summer they announced a further £200k had been raised.

Plenty enthusiasm to start with but dried up a bit. I may have been reading into it wrong however I think the Well Society was collecting one of donations which sounds unsustainable. Not many folk out there can afford to chuck £300 in a oner, after a £350 season ticket but i'd imagine plenty could spare £20 a month over a longer period of time.

If any of that is wrong feel free to correct me.

Dunno if Collin who was chairing the meeting will be posting any notes up once all three meetings have taken place?
    I'll be posting a summary up on the official website and on here, started typing one up for here last night but thought it would be better just to leave it until all 3 had happened. There's a few comments on the other thread that captures much of what's been discussed.

On the Well Society point the impression I get is that, as mentioned above, the appetite wasn't there from the supporters for ownership. A big part of this process is to start to gauge whether there's an appetite amongst supporters for ownership in one of its many forms, or whether representation is more of a priority (or both).

We're in a similar position to Motherwell in the sense that there's no administration-enforced deadline, so we have time to work out a model that fits best with what the supporters want.

P.S. Just checked the subscription model for the Well Society, was an initial membership fee plus annual subscription at different levels. http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/join-the-society/

Left by mutual consent!
    Ask what's happened to the surplus generated by the SPL ST prices ?. As all 8 of our new signings (4 loanees ffs !!) didn't cost the club a penny it makes the decision to keep the prices to last season's levels redundant as the club hasn't had any outlay to make so - where's the money ?

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Reading this thread, and others, I am getting the impression that LD is now being blamed for all our ills over the past 10 - 20 years, (job done as far as RP is concerned then).

LD is hardly in the door and cannot change our mess in such a short period of time. Ok, she feeds us the usual sound bites from the board, if you're daft enough to believe and fall for all of it then you deserve what you get.

Change that will make a difference will take time, unfortunately, time is not on our side, or hers.

I'm prepared to give LD a chance but it would be good to hear the truth, as hurtful as it might be, rather than just feeding us propaganda from stemming from RP etc.
    Last edited by MB62; 02-09-2014 at 11:25 AM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Ask what's happened to the surplus generated by the SPL ST prices ?. As all 8 of our new signings (4 loanees ffs !!) didn't cost the club a penny it makes the decision to keep the prices to last season's levels redundant as the club hasn't had any outlay to make so - where's the money ?

i'm sure i read that it costs the club money housing the players and paying a percentage of their salaries

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    You really need to think that one through.

Accommodation, signing on fee for starters. I don't believe the cash has all gone but to say they've not had any outlay is silly.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i'm sure i read that it costs the club money housing the players and paying a percentage of their salaries
    Would i be right in thinking that paying their wages and also paying their accommodation could in fact be more expensive than actually buying a player outright?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    I was at the meeting which was to gauge interest in either fan representatives (2) on the board or a fan takeover. She have examples of Hearts, Dunfermline, Motherwell and Germany.
    During meeting her phone rang 5/6 times and she said it was George Craig.
    She said that she had been subject to considerable abuse verbal and written since Saturday but she also said that the board and management had been working flat out to
    Replace Farid who will be out for about 8 months.
    I left convinced that we would hAve a signing last night but it must have fallen through.
    She did say that the signings could be made after the window.
    If true that is simply disgusting.

I'm not really sure what the point is of these meetings. The ONLY thing I want to see addressed at our Club is the lack of success on the pitch.

I can imagine the scenario now:

-- Fans raise concerns over current situation and claim the club have no ambition;

-- Dempster says we have ambition and just need a bit patience/trust in the Manager/we're all in this together/El Alagui injury could not have been predicted, etc, etc;

-- Fans go home p*ssed off;

-- We lose our next match.

Thank you to SlickShoes for pointing out we don't play this Saturday
    Last edited by Keith_M; 02-09-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I'm not really sure what the point is of these meetings. The ONLY thing I want to see addressed at our Club is the lack of success on the pitch.

I can imagine the scenario now:

-- Fans raise concerns over current situation and claim the club have no ambition;

-- Dempster says we have ambition and just need a bit patience/trust in the Manager/we're all in this together/El Alagui injury could not have been predicted, etc, etc;

-- Fans go home p*ssed off;

-- We lose again on Saturday
    Luckily there is no game this weekend!