hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

AGM, vote of No confidence in Rod

Can we not have a vote of no confidence in Rod Petrie at the AGM? I know it would fail but if all of the small shareholders voted against him then at least it would put more pressure on him and STF to remove him. Hibernian will not move forward whilst he is at the club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He is doing what STF wants. Need to target STF. This is gesture stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is doing what STF wants. Need to target STF. This is gesture stuff.
    Hibs fans have no power or influence other than through gestures.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Can we not have a vote of no confidence in Rod Petrie at the AGM? I know it would fail but if all of the small shareholders voted against him then at least it would put more pressure on him and STF to remove him. Hibernian will not move forward whilst he is at the club.

As a very small shareholder I would support this. In reality it would make no difference but I bet if a motion was put up 90% of small shareholders would support it. It would be voted down by two votes. that of Rod and STF though. Media would pick up on it though

Quote Originally Posted by Nailrodders View Post
    Hibs fans have no power or influence other than through gestures.
    Hibs fans need to take the protests elsewhere an target other business interests of the owner.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    The structure of the club would mean it would not achieve much if STF / RP want to ignore it and it probably wouldn't get on the agenda at an AGM however I floated before that whilst the holdings might be smaller than the owners there are going to be a large number of individuals who have small holdings so its a number the media are likely to take an interest in if that's the way we want to go.

It would simply need a way of pulling as many into one place as possible - maybe just a name, shareholder reference and possibly number of shares held though this is not vital. Once its all added up the next task would be getting the numbers out there so the depth of feeling is know - wouldn't be too difficult to just reveal them as part of a question at the AGM.

I'm a shareholder and would be in, if only so the new regime get to know how a lot of us feel.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I said at AGM either last year or year before, that I had zero confidence in the Board, nobody backed me up.

LD knows exactly how I feel, I still have zero confidence in the Board, but nothing changes. We have the same Board members in place, that steered us into 1st Division. This after years of flirting with relegation is shameful.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Been on holiday for two weeks, with little access to hibs.net.

How is the Hibernian Forever bid shaping up - looks like the only player in town ?

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Been on holiday for two weeks, with little access to hibs.net.

How is the Hibernian Forever bid shaping up - looks like the only player in town ?
    Darlington, if you can fill in the survey at www.scottishfans.org/Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I said at AGM either last year or year before, that I had zero confidence in the Board, nobody backed me up.

LD knows exactly how I feel, I still have zero confidence in the Board, but nothing changes. We have the same Board members in place, that steered us into 1st Division. This after years of flirting with relegation is shameful.
    You did that S, and you said as much again at EM to them.

When you say LD knows how you feel I believe you. She, however, has absolutely no influence in changing anything that will bring change n the short or long term IMO. She cannot influence budgets and income as evidenced by our pitiful transfer window and is now rearranging deck chairs on the titanic wittering on about fan ownership while the club goes to hell in a handcart.

@hibs.net private member

Baldy, yes I heard you but I'm talking about doing something formal. I not sure how to go about it. If someone cab point me in the right direction I'm happy to get the ball rolling on this.

Baldy, yes I heard you but I'm talking about doing something formal. I not sure how to go about it. If someone cab point me in the right direction I'm happy to get the ball rolling on this.
    Think the procedure is to propose a vote of confidence in the current owner and [puppet] .Whoever is chairing the meeting asks for seconder and nobody should second it hence vote of no confidence. I really dont think doing this would make any difference to Farmer and Petrie, so I would say we need actions rather than words

First Team Breakthrough
    The role of a Chairman is to bring "balance" wisdom and experience to the Board and advise sagely on its discussions whilst managing the overall proceedings. Alternatively, one of the current Board Directors with a death wish could propose a motion at the next Board Meeting that his/her fellow Directors have "no confidence" in their Chairman. Then again that would take courage beyond safeguarding a mere sinecure which sadly our Club lacks from top to bottom (excluding the significant majority of fans from that statement of course).

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would a vote of no confidence in Rod, not be a futile gesture, as they claim he has nothing to do with running the place anyway?

Board- What do you want now, peasants?
    Fans. - gonnae get rid o Rod likesay?
    Board - he's gone, never darken our door again!
    Fans - Top guys, ah tell ye. Hibs Class etc etc etc

An organised boycott of any other Farmer related business e.g. autocare ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Got to be more than that. Need a few folk to stand outside handing flyers to persuade others and to highlight the grievances. Become a pain in his neck so he moves on. Do the same at QMU et al.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    An organised walk out of the agm by shareholders at a pre-agreed time? It would gain media attention and perhaps be harder for the owners and board to dismiss than the criticism they have faced at the last few agm's.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Groan.

Why don't we just go straight to "we know where you live and will kill you if you don't do what we say?" (If we're going to get silly about it).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    An organised walk out of the agm by shareholders at a pre-agreed time? It would gain media attention and perhaps be harder for the owners and board to dismiss than the criticism they have faced at the last few agm's.
    That would bother them, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Servant View Post
    That would bother them, why?
    Well they're quite good at deflecting criticism and difficult questions, as a different approach this could perhaps put more pressure on them. Probably not though.

This could be a shout

Blog Entries
    Well they're quite good at deflecting criticism and difficult questions, as a different approach this could perhaps put more pressure on them. Probably not though.
    I think they've dug themselves in and only cash will shift them.

Groan.

Why don't we just go straight to "we know where you live and will kill you if you don't do what we say?" (If we're going to get silly about it).
    Now you being silly.

The support has to communicate that he has lost our faith and trust to the extent that he must now move on. This is about finding the channels through which we will engage his attention and provoke a response.

We could always sit on our hands and mutter into our pints about the good old days, of course (if you'll forgive the image that paints).

You're probably right sadly. However, organised protest could at least galvanise the support and help morale. But only if the majority are behind it. Apathy and infighting are as likely unfortunately imo.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Do you know what Bob, i'm not convinced it is. I keep hearing STF would sell, but never from the man himself. And i also keep hearing he won't sell to anyone, they have to have the interest of the club and the funds to take the club forward, but never from the man himself.

I'm not convinced he does want to sell, in fact i have no idea what he wants from the club he owns?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Now you being silly.

The support has to communicate that he has lost our faith and trust to the extent that he must now move on. This is about finding the channels through which we will engage his attention and provoke a response.

We could always sit on our hands and mutter into our pints about the good old days, of course (if you'll forgive the image that paints).
    Maybe the best thing is to protest in a sensible way, instead of putting innocent people's jobs on the line. Nobody is saying "do nothing" but boycotting his business is not the right way to go.

People should treat this as business, and not let personalities come into it. Unleashing hot headed football supporters into a situation that needs cool heads is a recipe for disaster.

Look at how the ill thought out coup in the summer split the support.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Do you know what Bob, i'm not convinced it is. I keep hearing STF would sell, but never from the man himself. And i also keep hearing he won't sell to anyone, they have to have the interest of the club and the funds to take the club forward, but never from the man himself.

I'm not convinced he does want to sell, in fact i have no idea what he wants from the club he owns?
    If he doesn't want to sell, I have no idea either.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Could be as simple as one contact point for shareholders to confirm their interest, identity and holding/number, adding it all up then talking about it before AGM then highlighting at the AGM? That way you get it recorded an in public domain. A gesture but a worthwhile one?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Every year Petrie asks the floor for any objections to the audited accounts.

The following is hardly standard procedure however if we can orchestrate it that every minority shareholder (or as many as possible) raise their hands in objection to accounts on the grounds of Petrie/Farmers continued involvement in our club.

They could probably dismiss it out of hand but it would gain media attention and also, this happens very near the start of the AGM so would set the scene for what should be an extremely uncomfortable evening for these jokers!