hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 84
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    22,308

    Stubbs interview

    Did anyone hear Stubbs interview on Radio Scotland? Did he sound like a guy who knew what the problem was and how to fix it?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Testimonial Due Boyle89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,138
    Not really. Compared us to Man U as a way of defending the situation. Also said that we are struggling because of all the personel changes. Did say that he has high standards and if players can't meet the standards they won't be playing. Pretty uninspiring stuff IMO.

  4. #3
    First Team Breakthrough RedHibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    200
    He probably sounded like the Managers prior to him. Unfortunately we can not always blame the Manager sooner or later the players have to stand up and be counted. How many more Managers are we going to blame?

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,193
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He probably sounded like the Managers prior to him. Unfortunately we can not always blame the Manager sooner or later the players have to stand up and be counted. How many more Managers are we going to blame?
    Stubbs is here for the long haul. And privately he probably knows he was not given enough planning time for this season. I think we will plod along and have another clear out in Jan / summer until he has all his own players.

  6. #5
    He sounded clueless.

  7. #6
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    42
    Posts
    41,973
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    FFS are we onto ripping the manager's interviews already?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  8. #7
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He sounded clueless.
    No, he didn't. He sounded dismayed and upset, as he should be. And he sounded like a man who has inherited a mess with very little time to sort it out. But he sounds determined to sort it out - and I think he will.

  9. #8
    Rambling interview.

  10. #9
    Jambos out in force I see.

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    14,229
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He probably sounded like the Managers prior to him. Unfortunately we can not always blame the Manager sooner or later the players have to stand up and be counted. How many more Managers are we going to blame?


    I've been saying that for a few years now but it happens to be true.

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,137
    Gotta say I think he sounds completely out of this depth. Worrying.

    Really hope he can sort things out but not lookin good so far.

  13. #12
    First Team Regular aldo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    leith
    Age
    35
    Posts
    661
    If anything it's going to be a busy deadline day for us, the board and Stubbs will realise we need players pronto! Griffiths would be helpful but him alone isn't going to fix it.

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member tamig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    8,102
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stubbs is here for the long haul. And privately he probably knows he was not given enough planning time for this season. I think we will plod along and have another clear out in Jan / summer until he has all his own players.
    Agree with this. The late sacking of Butcher and the relatively late appointment of Stubbs left us right up against it. If only LD had started with us a month earlier I don't think we'd be where we are just now.

  15. #14
    Testimonial Due smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cameron Toll
    Age
    47
    Posts
    4,380
    He should recognise his error in retaining Liam Craig as club captain and indeed as player...

  16. #15
    Testimonial Due Lee Marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by ionahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything it's going to be a busy deadline day for us, the board and Stubbs will realise we need players pronto! Griffiths would be helpful but him alone isn't going to fix it.
    Shame LD is going to be sitting talking to hibs fans the final 4 hours of the window. These clashes are annoying, if only she knew that the window shut then. Darn it!

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    18,341
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He should recognise his error in retaining Liam Craig as club captain and indeed as player...
    Honestly can't remember him doing anything today.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

  18. #17
    Are post match interviews really what's important in terms of assessing a managers ability or even what he's really thinking?

    Can't believe we're reading this guff about him being clueless etc., already. He seems highly thought of by people like Roberto Martinez so why do normal punters think they know better?

  19. #18
    I actually feel sorry for Stubbs. The football has been an improvement since coming it. I just don't think he realised how *****, gutless and inept the players were.

    Maybe the fans were to noisy today,maybe the pitch was too hard but luckily we brought in Eddie May and 27 other backroom staff to sort it out

  20. #19
    We have got to give the guy a chance but leaving out Booth and Robertson for Stevenson and Craig just does not inspire me at all

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Rosyth, Fife
    Age
    39
    Posts
    13,372
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Hahaha. Brilliant. People really will hear what they want.

    He was asked why hearts have hit the ground running and we haven't. He said we've had more personnel changes. This is correct. We've had more crap to try and clear out. And I understand what he meant with the van gaal comment. He's one of the best managers in the world but you can't expect results just to improve when the majority if the squad is the same.

  22. #21
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    32,041
    Quote Originally Posted by carnoustiehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually feel sorry for Stubbs. The football has been an improvement since coming it. I just don't think he realised how *****, gutless and inept the players were.

    Maybe the fans were to noisy today,maybe the pitch was too hard but luckily we brought in Eddie May and 27 other backroom staff to sort it out
    He's a rookie manager still learning the ropes and he will make mistakes. He's a brave man taking on this shambles for his first appointment.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  23. #22
    resident moaning git DaveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    51
    Posts
    30,508
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He should recognise his error in retaining Liam Craig as club captain and indeed as player...
    Yep, removing the armband and Craig altogether should be the next thing he does.

    Give the captaincy to someone who actually cares.

  24. #23
    Testimonial Due Boyle89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly can't remember him doing anything today.
    He got booked...for dissent of all things (roll eyes smiley).

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Posh Pans
    Posts
    4,465
    Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, he didn't. He sounded dismayed and upset, as he should be. And he sounded like a man who has inherited a mess with very little time to sort it out. But he sounds determined to sort it out - and I think he will.
    me too. early days There are years of decline needing addressed here....and that won't be mended in a matter of a few weeks/months. We have LD in now.....we have a manager who (I think anyway) will turn this round...........

    ....hard to say it. But PATIENCE and support is needed more than ever. Or we just go round the same old cycle again and again.............
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

    The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

  26. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, removing the armband and Craig altogether should be the next thing he does.

    Give the captaincy to someone who actually cares.
    Times are rotten thats for sure. If Stubbs is a fighter, and Im sure he is, he will be looking at some serious axe wielding, but will also need backed up for replacements. Losing El Alagui is a massive blow, and hopefully its not for long. The folks who prepared our strategy for this season, did so with failure in mind. We are getting exactly what we prepared for. Hearts made noises about winning streaks and the kind of stuff you say when you are in a title race. We beat around the bush, and smiled and said we have our own goals, but we don't want to state them etc. I.e. we gave up in a straight scrap with Hearts before the fight started. I am ashamed to be a Hibs fan, and Im not ashamed to say it.

  27. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He sounded clueless.
    Don't talk pish.

  28. #27
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    42
    Posts
    13,304
    I listened to his interview in the car driving back from the game.

    I liked the interview and I like him and I think he has recognised absolutely what the problems are and knows why we are where we are now. There is only so much he could have done by now. He was clearly hurting and was restricted in what he could say.

    What is he meant to say? Rip into the players? Aye, because that worked really well for Butcher.

    He inherited an absolute car crash of a club. Players not fit to wear the jersey, no heart, no bottle, no steel, no idea how to play football and he had to start somewhere. I'm pretty sure that if he could have got rid of everyone that remained, he would. But he had to choose some of them to persevere with.

    How many Stubbs signings let us down today? None. How many of the usual suspects? All of them. Do you honestly think he doesn't know this?

    He's a rookie manager, he's going to make mistakes - see the subs today. Given the magnitude of the task he's been given, I think he's doing fine. There are, yet again, plenty of people I would blame for the current problems at Hibs before I would get to the current manager. But yet again we go for the most obvious candidate.

    This break has come at a very good time for us, and I hope for Stubbs sake the board help him out before the transfer window closes. This guy could be very good for us but we have to be realistic in our expectations of him and ripping apart an interview after we have lost to Alloa is not doing that.

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Posh Pans
    Posts
    4,465
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Times are rotten thats for sure. If Stubbs is a fighter, and Im sure he is, he will be looking at some serious axe wielding, but will also need backed up for replacements. Losing El Alagui is a massive blow, and hopefully its not for long. The folks who prepared our strategy for this season, did so with failure in mind. We are getting exactly what we prepared for. Hearts made noises about winning streaks and the kind of stuff you say when you are in a title race. We beat around the bush, and smiled and said we have our own goals, but we don't want to state them etc. I.e. we gave up in a straight scrap with Hearts before the fight started. I am ashamed to be a Hibs fan, and Im not ashamed to say it.
    Never ever EVER be ashamed to be part of the Hibs family............ its not us who should be ashamed tonight.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

    The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

  30. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never ever EVER be ashamed to be part of the Hibs family............ its not us who should be ashamed tonight.
    Cheers bud.. I was well up for this season, but we could hardly have made a worse start. I agree with some other posters that Stubbs will need time, and his signings so far look pretty good.

    If I keep gritting my teeth like this, Im going to break my face….

  31. #30
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,858
    Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He sounded clueless.
    Not as clueless as your ridiculous post.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)