hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lowest point. Ever

I'm 47 and have followed Hibs through good and bad. But even although I've suffered 2 relegations and way too many defeats in big matches which have been hard to take, I have never have I felt so low as I do today.

Where do we go from here?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penicuik Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm 47 and have followed Hibs through good and bad. But even although I've suffered 2 relegations and way too many defeats in big matches which have been hard to take, I have never have I felt so low as I do today.

Up?

Left by mutual consent!

You are not alone. This is the lowest point I've ever seen my club at and boy, oh boy, does it hurt.
    Where do we go from here? A question for Alan Stubbs and the hierarchy at Easter Road to answer. Over to you lot.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar

On. That's where we go.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We go on.

Division 2

Promising Youngster
    The last season in the first we were Bethan 1-2 with Stranraer in the first game of the season .
    it was a wake up call and the rest is history.

Bad result today and shows we are in need of quality, if we don't get the finger out we will be mid table,lowest low so far for me too

I remember it well. The difference is we had a team that bounced back and ended up with real quality. Not seeing it in this Hibs team. The fall from challenging for Europe to where we are now is just incredible. Complete free fall. The next 2 days are vital not just for this season but for the future of our team

Where do we go? Useless, spineless players. Clueless manager. Corporate suits running the club. Uninterested owner = relegation.

Probably can't get much worse. Probably​. I reckon we'll be fine in a months time.

Taking into circumstances, mainly Hearts comparisons and the way Hibs have gone about this season, today is one of the ten lowest I've experienced. And by god there's been some competition.

There's a lot to be said for the fact that this is all forgotten as long as we've improved enough to be in the play offs AND winning it is realistic. That might still be the case but Hibs need to be really bloody careful in how they progress from here. Results this season have been worst-case scenario stuff.

@hibs.net private member
    Just back - two words ****ing gash!! Why was Booth left out and Robertson who drove us on in the last 15 against Dumbarton - to accomodate CRAIG deary deary me. We could go down - we dont have the appetite I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by malagahibby View Post
    The last season in the first we were Bethan 1-2 with Stranraer in the first game of the season .
    it was a wake up call and the rest is history.
    Yes, I remember it well.

However:

Then there was no Rangers or Hearts in the same league
    Then we had money to spend
    Then there was no transfer window about to close
    Then we didn't have an ingrained 4 year old losing mentality

Do I need to continue?

As a Hibs fan you expect some bad days. But the frequency of these bad days is just too much lately. Something needs to change and change fast. 1 win and 3 losses in our opening 4 games in this league is absolutely not good enough.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    The team that got relegated was the worst in the clubs history. Too many of the same players are their and defeats like todays are the result.

I've felt lower as a fan as age has mellowed by madness for all things Hibs. All those who slagged off those of us who booed at the end of the Falkirk game must be feeling a bit stupid though. "PETRIE OUT" chants from the start of the next home game please.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

This must be one of the lowest points in a long long time and would push the patience of even the most loyal Hibby - yes we are hearing good things out of ER but it really matters only on the pitch and yes perhaps there is a plan for a two year promotion but if you were wondering what do on a Sat afternoon not sure going to ER would be my number one thought. I understand we need to give AS and co time but it is not easy being the easy joke of Scottish football.

We didnt empty enough of the pish and not enough new players in. Stubbs signings all look good i think but still playing guys like Craig and Stevenson etc. Why after last season would anyone want to see them playing for hibs?

We were never going to win the League....Rangers will, unless admin bites again....... We will still achieve a play off place..... Am I happy with that?.... No, but we have no divine right to stroll to victory because we are Hibs... We are a scalp now and until we have players with the mentality Hearts do we will continue to flounder....but, we will still come good in the end... GGTTH!

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar

Hate to make it even worse, I'm 44 and we've been through 3 relegations in my time. 😔

Yes, of course you are right. 1st one seems do long ago. 2nd time i remember McLeish almost keeping us up and with 20 mins to go against Dundee United, we were safe for about 5 mins. But the free fall in the last year has been incredible to the point that if we lose to Cowdenbeath next week we will be bottom. Let's hope for some good signings in the next few days and the return of a feel good factor

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    Yes, I remember it well.

However:

Then there was no Rangers or Hearts in the same league
    Then we had money to spend
    Then there was no transfer window about to close
    Then we didn't have an ingrained 4 year old losing mentality

Do I need to continue?
    I was trying to convince myself that everything would come together, as last time we were in the first division it took us a while to find our feet. Then I remember the points you've made. And you're right; there's no comparison with last time because the circumstances are so different (much worse) this time round.

Good point above too about us being seen as a 'scalp'. Alex mcleish realised that last time round and brought in people with the character to deal with that. This time round we simply don't have the desire to go to modest little grounds and fight like ****.

So, yep, feeling pretty low with the hibs right now

Quote Originally Posted by Seven up View Post
    We were never going to win the League....Rangers will, unless admin bites again....... We will still achieve a play off place..... Am I happy with that?.... No, but we have no divine right to stroll to victory because we are Hibs... We are a scalp now and until we have players with the mentality Hearts do we will continue to flounder....but, we will still come good in the end... GGTTH!
    I don't believe we are a "scalp". I think every team in the league knows we are there to be taken and they will be more concerned about playing Falkirk or QOS, for example. Dumbarton certainly saw that on Tuesday and nearly (deservedly) won.
    Last edited by Sas_The_Hibby; 30-08-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    I was trying to convince myself that everything would come together, as last time we were in the first division it took us a while to find our feet. Then I remember the points you've made. And you're right; there's no comparison with last time because the circumstances are so different (much worse) this time round.

Good point above too about us being seen as a 'scalp'. Alex mcleish realised that last time round and brought in people with the character to deal with that. This time round we simply don't have the desire to go to modest little grounds and fight like ****.

So, yep, feeling pretty low with the hibs right now
    Totally agree. The last relegation was a 'one-off' in a sense (though we had only survived the previous season through a play-off win against Airdrie) but this is a continuation of a 4 (or so) year downward slide.

First Team Breakthrough steino1875's Avatar
    Trying to remain positive but can't believe this played 4, 3 points 8th in the league not kept a clean sheet in any game more minuses for me at the moment than positives, sick of hearing it can only get better :-(

@hibs.net private member Salisbury Hibby's Avatar
    If we get beat from Cowdenbeath, I fear there will be a riot at Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    I don't believe we are a "scalp". I think every team in the league knows we are there to be taken and they will be more concerned about playing Falkirk or QOS, for example. Dumbarton certainly saw that on Tuesday and nearly (deservedly) won.
    I wasn't there today so won't comment on it. But Dumbarton certainly did not deserve to win midweek. It may be bad but FFS stop bloody exaggerating!!!!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We didn't go nearly far enough with the clear out, and it's come back to haunt us now. I feel for Stubbs, he's got a massive job on his hands but he needs to make some tough calls, and one of those calls is to ditch his captain, and lose Heffernan.
    We need players to influence and dictate games, not to be anonymous and ineffective.
    If he's telling players that their places are up for grabs if they don't perform then he has to follow up on that threat.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    The clear out left us with the majority of the team that got relegated. It was the peripherals that left.

They're broken and it looks like they can't be fixed.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    The clear out left us with the majority of the team that got relegated. It was the peripherals that left.

They're broken and it looks like they can't be fixed.
    I said at the end of last season that we couldn't afford to give players time in the hope that they came good , we needed to wash our hands of the vast majority of that team, yet here we are with Danny Handling on a four year deal, Alex Harris still not scoring or creating, Liam Craig doing his best impression of the lesser spotted Brian Kerr, and Paul goal every ten games if he can stay fit long enough Heffernan.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net