hibs.net Messageboard

Football's lost souls (feat Tom Taiwo)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm surprised to see Tom in that list tbh, to me GOC would be at the top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReg! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised to see Tom in that list tbh, to me GOC would be at the top of it.
    But I suppose if you were upcoming with Chelsea and now find yourself in the Scottish Championship it is considered as lost as one can get

Fair play to him for playing on. Still only 24. If he can get paid for playing football and he enjoys it, it is a good place to be.

The thing is that the players featured have manged in their own way, to turn things round and accept where they are. I imagine many other players refused to talk to the reporters.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    seemingly he spent "two successful seasons north of the border at Hibernian" can anyone enlighten me as to what two seasons those were ?

Don't get me wrong, I like Tom and he wasn't one of our worst players..but surely 47 appearances, two goals, one bottom six finish and one relegation doesn't count as successful ?

BBC full of total crap as usual

Thing is with someone like Taiwo as a 16 year old there are hundreds just like him, looking like very exciting prospects and either getting injured early on or simply levelling out and never making it at the top. Look at our own all conquering U19's a few years ago, winning everything that year and how many did we see progress to the 1st team.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    seemingly he spent "two successful seasons north of the border at Hibernian" can anyone enlighten me as to what two seasons those were ?

Don't get me wrong, I like Tom and he wasn't one of our worst players..but surely 47 appearances, two goals, one bottom six finish and one relegation doesn't count as successful ?

Yep, I read that bit too and didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Very poor from the Beeb once again.

An early contender for worst misprint of the season was my take on that.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    Interesting I thought too :-)

Taiwo, decent player in there somewhere, have a feeling he's on the way down not up tho. C'est la vie.

@hibs.net private member

Maybe the boy writing the story saw us give him a standing ovation on Saturday and put 2+2 together?

Quote Originally Posted by marleyhib View Post
    Interesting I thought too :-)

Taiwo, decent player in there somewhere, have a feeling he's on the way down not up tho. C'est la vie.
    I know it's just an opinion but I genuinely think Tom Taiwo will thrive at Falkirk and have a successful season there and make the step back up to Scottish Premiership soon. I would say he is "Too Good" for this division but I suppose he hasn't earned that label by being in and released from a relegated side. But nevertheless I think his ability will shine through at Falkirk.

Gavin Heeroo has a funny head.