hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Pat Stanton turns 7-0 on 13 September

Can't believe it, really makes me feel old. It is on the day of the Cowdenbeath game.

Any suggestions as to anything we could do? Can't let a day of Hibs greatest living player and the numbers 70 go unmarked particularly as he was captain.

If anyone is on the bounce can they post similar there and give feedback.

Hibs are looking for suggestions so if we could get them in ASAP

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sign LG ! I am sure Pat would think that was a great birthday present.

Some part of Easter Road should be named after him. He was too young to be in the Famous Five but is our greatest individual player in the eyes of thousands.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststandwanab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sign LG ! I am sure Pat would think that was a great birthday present.

That isn't going to happen.

The Nelson/Fontaine out/in suggests to me that AS has spent up to budget already and needs to move players on before he can bring anyone in.

Leeann Dempster may very well be the CEO, but Farmer and Petrie hold the purse-strings and in that area nothing whatever has changed.

If we could punt Tudur-Jones and Heffernan and replace them before the weekend, we might have a chance of bringing in another striker and maybe someone else a little more mobile than the Scott Monument, but who's going to take THEM off our hands, and who'll come in their place?

Once again, it's the last few days of the window and Hibs are looking desperately for someone, ANYONE to bolster an inadequate squad.

PETRIE OUT. FARMER OUT.

I am not predicting it will happen just stating what I think would be a great birthday present for PS.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Can we concentrate on coming up with a proper way to celebrate Pat's Birthday please.

First Team Breakthrough Mathias Jack's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GazA1875
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Can we concentrate on coming up with a proper way to celebrate Pat's Birthday please.
    Correct...

How about a flag? I haven't ever purchased custom made flag or anything so I don't know the timescale needed or how much it would be. Bound to be someone on here who knows the answer!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Sir Patrick of Stanton....now HE is what you call a Legend, class personified

@hibs.net private member
    Really looking for ideas for a week on Saturday to honour him. Such as 1875 Hospitality with Pat (and Tornadoes?) as special guests, S43 giving it laldy in his honour, Pat getting a guard of honour onto the pitch, etc

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    The Pat Stanton East stand .

Ggtth

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Really looking for ideas for a week on Saturday to honour him. Such as 1875 Hospitality with Pat (and Tornadoes?) as special guests, S43 giving it laldy in his honour, Pat getting a guard of honour onto the pitch, etc
    He definitely at the match then?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
    He definitely at the match then?
    Yes, confirmed last night

Yes, confirmed last night
    Kev. This should involve St Pats. I'll talk to Big G and DM and see if they can mail the membership

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    aren't the Hibs Club on Sunnyside doing something for him?
    Hibernian Football Club

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
    aren't the Hibs Club on Sunnyside doing something for him?
    Yes but separate. It was felt the club should do something official rather than waiting until folk pass before they get recognised. (Not that Pat is in any danger!)

Re Hibs Club I think there is a party which he is attending but I don't have information. Perhaps someone ITK could help?

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    I recall this tribute to him from some years ago. Maybe something similar could be organised.

http://ssa.nls.uk/film/8529

Nothing is too good for him. Love the man.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

First Team Breakthrough Persevere80's Avatar
    Yes but separate. It was felt the club should do something official rather than waiting until folk pass before they get recognised. (Not that Pat is in any danger!)

Re Hibs Club I think there is a party which he is attending but I don't have information. Perhaps someone ITK could help?
    I know a few people that drink there. As far as I know there is a doo but I believe its members only.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Persevere80 View Post
    I know a few people that drink there. As far as I know there is a doo but I believe its members only.
    Its pats own 70th birthday party. 60th was there

Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    I recall this tribute to him from some years ago. Maybe something similar could be organised.

Ahhhh Stu you say it all!

Its a bit late to organise something formal for his birthday but it would be nice to have him on the pitch at half time and everyone present sing Happy Birthday to him.

He is a very private individual and wont want any fuss, but we should be showing him how much he will always be held so high in regard by the Hibs support.

Doing this now during his lifetime is the correct thing to do by the club and calling a stand after him is an honor befitting of the man himself and the Hibs supporters would relish the chance to show him how much they appreciate him and the memories he made them.

The Stanton Branch are holding a private party to celebrate his 7-0 birthday with family and his close friends and some invited club members.

The club could put on a benefit dinner with all the profits going to a charity of Pat's choice. im sure he would relish a chance to make some money for a worthwhile cause.

He deserves all the love and affection the Hibs support can show him because.... he is Pat Stanton..... the man we call "GOD"!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Get his footprints cast and concrete impression at the East in a Hibernian walk of Fame with the 5 gone there needs be only one...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post

Great link and some good memories there. As a wee aside I did some work for Happy Howden (he was the compere at the event) a couple of years ago. I told him Pat's day at the Sheraton was recorded and available online and he was genuinely moved when he watched it back again.

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    Ahhhh Stu you say it all!

Its a bit late to organise something formal for his birthday but it would be nice to have him on the pitch at half time and everyone present sing Happy Birthday to him.

He is a very private individual and wont want any fuss, but we should be showing him how much he will always be held so high in regard by the Hibs support.

Doing this now during his lifetime is the correct thing to do by the club and calling a stand after him is an honor befitting of the man himself and the Hibs supporters would relish the chance to show him how much they appreciate him and the memories he made them.

The Stanton Branch are holding a private party to celebrate his 7-0 birthday with family and his close friends and some invited club members.

The club could put on a benefit dinner with all the profits going to a charity of Pat's choice. im sure he would relish a chance to make some money for a worthwhile cause.

He deserves all the love and affection the Hibs support can show him because.... he is Pat Stanton..... the man we call "GOD"!
    Nicely said J - amen to all that. Total gentleman and when he speaks we should listen. I long ago ran out of superlatives for the great Pat Stanton.

I would love to see a stand named after him

Quote Originally Posted by Stax View Post
    Great link and some good memories there. As a wee aside I did some work for Happy Howden (he was the compere at the event) a couple of years ago. I told him Pat's day at the Sheraton was recorded and available online and he was genuinely moved when he watched it back again.
    Good stuff mate. I can see what an honour it would be to work with the legend that is Pat Stanton.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    That isn't going to happen.

The Nelson/Fontaine out/in suggests to me that AS has spent up to budget already and needs to move players on before he can bring anyone in.

Leeann Dempster may very well be the CEO, but Farmer and Petrie hold the purse-strings and in that area nothing whatever has changed.

If we could punt Tudur-Jones and Heffernan and replace them before the weekend, we might have a chance of bringing in another striker and maybe someone else a little more mobile than the Scott Monument, but who's going to take THEM off our hands, and who'll come in their place?

Once again, it's the last few days of the window and Hibs are looking desperately for someone, ANYONE to bolster an inadequate squad.

PETRIE OUT. FARMER OUT.

thought the OP, was reffering to the Kaiser, the King, the one and only King Patrick of Stanton? what you oan aboot the night ?

Stanton.

a few on here, can still talk about the famous 5. many on here, can refer to Sauzee (Le God) and I admired him too. still, a lot on here can be proud of the fact that they witnessed the great Pat Stanton, playing for Hibernian. other younger fans that did not have that privelage can also admire and know, that he is one of us. he is Hibernian , through and through and played in a team that should have won everything in Scottish fitba'. class in a glass, oor Paddy. apart from that, he's privilidged to have the same birth day, as me

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    a few on here, can still talk about the famous 5. many on here, can refer to Sauzee (Le God) and I admired him too. still, a lot on here can be proud of the fact that they witnessed the great Pat Stanton, playing for Hibernian. other younger fans that did not have that privelage can also admire and know, that he is one of us. he is Hibernian , through and through and played in a team that should have won everything in Scottish fitba'. class in a glass, oor Paddy. apart from that, he's privilidged to have the same birth day, as me

Happy Birthday when it comes!

Its true so many of the younger supporters haven't had the pleasure of watching "GOD" glide over the pitch with such grace and elegance.

People some times look at me and say "he couldn't have been that good?" the truth is he was!

To see him take a game by the scruff of the neck and push his team mates forward was awesome. He never gave up in a game and kept on playing to his own high standards. He wasnt a shout and bawl kind of player he showed by example how to play football Hibs style! Sheer joy to watch!

What ever the club decide to do to acknowledge his 7-0 birthday it must be a fitting gesture or they shouldnt bother at all.

The man is Mr Hibs and oozes class personified but hey i like him, can you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    The Pat Stanton East stand .

Ggtth
    This !!

Great idea :)

Looking forward to the birthday celebrations in honour of the great man.
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Persevere80 View Post
    It is the Stanton branch that is organising a party for him in the Hibs Club on 19th Sept. with members of the branch and invited guests.
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post

I had the privalage of having PS as a neighbour back in the 1960's and he and his family were absolutely gold plated
    Still remember kicking a ball with him and the local kids on a Sunday morning
    Happy birthday Pat