hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boo Boys

First Team Breakthrough

Boo Boys

Hasn't taken us too long to get back down too it. it didn't accomplish too much last season, and doubtless won't help too much this season. But ah well hope it made the perpetrators feel a wee bit better.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Fans fault?

Fans out. Butcher in.

Sorry but what a ***** thread. Can't say I'm a "boo boy" but Hibs were backed when losing 1-0 until the players started to bottle it and play back passes just like last year.

If they don't create chances they will be booed the poor wee souls!!!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    We really do need to learn how to appreciate a home defeat as we slide down the leagues.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Yup. Fans out. All their fault.

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah, blame the fans. Not the useless impostors getting paid to do a job. If I was that bad at my job, I'd be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fans out. Butcher in.
    Fans are doing their bit. There will be less than 9000 at the next home game.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    After watching that I'm surprised that anyone can defend any player, they were all shocking, remember it a 1st division team that beat us and every player out there deserved to be boo'd & loudly boo'd, every one was culpable.

Coaching Staff
    Every right to - Falkirk played midweek, won without having to defend much.

We have now lost to all our main rivals, a derby, had players sent off, we are looking toothless up front/final third - meanwhile Hearts and Rangers are scoring at will.

Fans are sick, team has not changed much, results are getting worse, no signings of real quality, no real investment from STF into footballers, we are 3rd bottom in the second tier of football.

Not bed wetting, just stating the facts as they are. Hence the boos from the stands. Boos which were probably directed at certain individuals, as some players clearly have a real will to win football games - it's the ones that don't that need shipped.

I was shocked at ft to hear the boos. Poor result, poor second half but it wasnt deserving of that.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I've found the best way to stop people booing is to win games of football.

They booed at the end of a poor loss to a very average Falkirk team, yea that's it blame the fans again.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I was shocked at ft to hear the boos. Poor result, poor second half but it wasnt deserving of that.
    Probably it`s not just about this one game though, is it? It`s about things continuing on from last season and arguably getting worse, with few or no signs that the club is hell-bent on giving us the squad we need to compete; another home defeat, most of the players that got us relegated still wearing the shirts and the spectre at the feast of Petrie still sitting watching it all from the corporate seats.

We are 3rd bottom of 2nd tier and people are worrying about fans booing the poor wee lambs who have us in this position?? The fans never booed at HT but the gutless 2nd half performance brought the boos and imo rightly so!! Nowhere near good enough!

If we keep losing games then there soon won't be enough fans to muster a decent chorus of boos.

Maybr that's the plan.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Don't think anyone whatsoever is insinuating that this is the fans fault but perhaps not screaming abuse at players after 5 minutes might actually have a positive effect.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Same here.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

The fans are desperate for something to cheer about. For goodness sake give it to them

Quote Originally Posted by jane_says View Post
    Don't think anyone whatsoever is insinuating that this is the fans fault but perhaps not screaming abuse at players after 5 minutes might actually have a positive effect.
    I never heard any boos after five mins. I heard a few clapping backing us. To be booed off at the end though is 100% correct IMO.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jane_says View Post
    The team was applauded off the pitch at half time - that didnt work because we were terrible in the second half. I thought the fans were very patient today.

@hibs.net private member
    Let's try a standing ovation in future and a renditition of Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Ra.

First Team Regular
    Losing at home in the championship and fault saying they shouldn't be booed at?

Jesus wept. Has apathy kicked in that much

I have to disagree I did not hear any boos until the end of the game

how do we tell the board team we are not happy with the performances if we don't give a wee boo or shout

its not the fans fault we are in this position please remember this

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Fans have every right to boo to be honest. Players are well-paid and the ones at Hibs get to consistently fail with nothing but a booing on a Saturday as a punishment. These guys will be getting at least a grand a week so I say boo them all you want.

We pay money for a product at the end of the day not to support failure.

Whilst booing isn't something I fully condone, please tell me what punishment players suffer for playing badly over and over again? Booing seems to be the only one...

We will be mid-table at best. Nothing has changed really. Performance looked very similar to last season, all too familiar.

The booing gets on my wick. Every time Craig got the ball the boo boys were on his back. I have no idea what they think its going to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I never heard any boos after five mins. I heard a few clapping backing us. To be booed off at the end though is 100% correct IMO.
    Come and sit mid way up sect 43 and I'll let you hear. Same folk every week.

If folk want to boo at FT that's up to them, won't hear me grumble about that, poor second half and a defeat isn't acceptable.

We have a team made up of the majority of losers from last season who are spineless and talentless so is it any wonder the support boo.

Today they were pedestrian in everything they did and were far too negative for my liking. We have no threat up front, can't cross, can't defend and have no creation. Other than Kennedy you can bin the lot for me!

I've paid well over the odds for a season ticket to watch the same sh!!!te as last season with little to no investment from the club. We are already 6 points adrift from our rivals after only 3 games so damn right I'm gonna boo!

The lack of ambition from the board has been evident for over a decade and it's come back to bite them on the arse big style!
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    We've been utter gash for a number of years now and this season already has all the hallmarks of another disappointing one when you add in a number of factors.

Fans aren't peed of because of today's result. It's the painstaking reality that we've been short changed for far far to long as one of Scotland's biggest clubs that gets to people.