hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Hibs in The Guardian...

Featured (rather briefly I thought) in the regular series 'The Joy of Six'. This weeks is looking at high scoring football draws. Guess which match their focusing on...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...football-draws

2. Log in to remove the advert

That Jutkiewicz goal still sends a shiver down my spine. Some game that, was a right kick in the balls but you've got to admire that goal at the end, incredible finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That Jutkiewicz goal still sends a shiver down my spine. Some game that, was a right kick in the balls but you've got to admire that goal at the end, incredible finish.
    He would never have scored that in any other game. There was just something in the air. Sublime finish.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Remember being "Delighted" to being "Seething" in the space of 20 mins.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Featured (rather briefly I thought) in the regular series 'The Joy of Six'. This weeks is looking at high scoring football draws. Guess which match their focusing on...

Be thankful it ended 6-6. They missed a penalty, could easily have 7-6 to Well

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Remember it being one of the major factors i lost confidence in yogi as manager

@hibs.net private member
    This piece could really have been devoted purely to Hibs games.

The 4-4 draw with Hearts in 2003 when they scored 2 in the last 2 minutes of injury time and the game against Dundee at ER in 2004 when we were absolutely all over them and up 4-1 but it also finished 4-4. Think Dundee got relegated that season as well and we had the likes of Whitakker, Murphy, Boozy, Brown, Riordan and O'Connor playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I still think that Smith chucked it, allegedly

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    we had the likes of Whitakker, Murphy, Boozy, Brown, Riordan and O'Connor playing.
    Aye but we had colin murdock in defence
    Last edited by Mr White; 22-08-2014 at 07:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    This piece could really have been devoted purely to Hibs games.

The 4-4 draw with Hearts in 2003 when they scored 2 in the last 2 minutes of injury time and the game against Dundee at ER in 2004 when we were absolutely all over them and up 4-1 but it also finished 4-4. Think Dundee got relegated that season as well and we had the likes of Whitakker, Murphy, Boozy, Brown, Riordan and O'Connor playing.
    The 4-4 Tynecastle game summed up being a Hibs fan to me. Utter elstion to utter despair in about 220 seconds. I actually burst out laughing when the equaliser went in. You've really got to be a masochist to be a Hibby. Its the reason that the good times feel so good when they occasionally come along

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Remember it being one of the major factors i lost confidence in yogi as manager
    Confidence in him was long LONNNNNNG gone by then. We were terrible from Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Funny, I remember listening to this game and even though we were so far ahead I just knew Well would get level (or win).

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    The 4-4 Tynecastle game summed up being a Hibs fan to me. Utter elstion to utter despair in about 220 seconds. I actually burst out laughing when the equaliser went in. You've really got to be a masochist to be a Hibby. Its the reason that the good times feel so good when they occasionally come along
    Yup, it was almost literally impossible for us to lose 2 goals in the length of time left. And we managed it.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Winning 6-2 but lucky to draw . Aye its a rollercoaster being a Hi Bee . But wouldnt change it for the world .

Ggtth

You wouldn't think it would be humanly possible to go from scoring two goals yourself in the last couple of minutes of the match and go 4-2 up and then lose two goals in under a minute to draw the match 4-4.

It's quite incredible that we've been involved in three crazy matches like that in the past decade or so.

The Dundee game wasn't quite as bad, although we were 4-2 up with 11 minutes left there too.

The Motherwell match was just silly. To be 6-2 up with 23 minutes left and almost lose the match 7-6 is just ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Well said. The 4 all was worse than wayne foster , mark de vries and 5 -1 combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    You wouldn't think it would be humanly possible to go from scoring two goals yourself in the last couple of minutes of the match and go 4-2 up and then lose two goals in under a minute to draw the match 4-4.

It's quite incredible that we've been involved in three crazy matches like that in the past decade or so.

The Dundee game wasn't quite as bad, although we were 4-2 up with 11 minutes left there too.

The Motherwell match was just silly. To be 6-2 up with 23 minutes left and almost lose the match 7-6 is just ridiculous.
    All I remember about the Motherwell game is how dreadful a goalie Smith was.

All I remember about the Hearts game is that Hearts were given a couple of minutes after the allotted injury time. As far as I'm concerned the game should have finished 4-2, but that was never ever going to happen at Tynecastle.

AND in the knowledge----re: Oxley scoring on his debut

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    That was a crazy game and quite a few Motherwell fans must have regrets about it too, as i'm sure i remember seeing hoardes of them heading for the exits when we scored the 6th goal...........Nae luck.

As for Graeme Smith.........He must have had a huge wedge on the game being a draw.

I bought a signed pair of Riordan's boots at a charity auction a few years ago and had to laugh when they chucked in Smith's signed top for free as nobody wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    All I remember about the Motherwell game is how dreadful a goalie Smith was.

All I remember about the Hearts game is that Hearts were given a couple of minutes after the allotted injury time. As far as I'm concerned the game should have finished 4-2, but that was never ever going to happen at Tynecastle.
    Ian Murray vodka bottle incident + an age to award penalty + an age to take penalty.... wasn't really a routine stoppage-free injury time.

Think Hibs pretty safely can take the blame for that game not finishing 4-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post

A mate was texting me the scores as they went in. I thought he was at it TBH.

It was so unprofessional and embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I'd completely forgotten that he was the goalscorer....even when watching him most weeks playing for Bolton for 6 months last season!

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    I got on a plane thinking we had beaten Motherwell 6-5. It was only hours later, having arrived in Greece, that I found out it finished 6-6.

I remember leaving ER after Dundee Utd had just gone 2-0 up with 15 mins to go. Got into the Golden Gates and found out Hibs had won 3-2.