hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farid El Alagui

Farid El Alagui

2 goals in 2 league games so far. Looks to me like we have finally found a decent goal scorer. Keep it up Farid.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Really like Farid. Can't remember the last time I seen a Hibs forward win so many flick ons in a game

Blog Entries
    Cracking player and a great guy IMO, rallied the Hibs fans a couple of times today and scored a cracker - shame about the header.

Geeing up the fans, great goal and first over to clap at the end.

Farid is class and I hope he's around for a while. He could do with some help though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Thank goodness we have someone who knows how to hit the back of the net. Now, if we can only get a few more quality players to create and assist and chip in with the odd goal.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Great signing. Someone with pace to feed off him or wide players getting crosses in and he'll score a barrowload this season.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really like Farid. Can't remember the last time I seen a Hibs forward win so many flick ons in a game
    Keith wright

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    He will score goals in this division, we could do with another though who will pitch in with a fair amount too.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He will score goals in this division, we could do with another though who will pitch in with a fair amount too.
    Cummings hopefully?!

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Great signing. Someone with pace to feed off him or wide players getting crosses in and he'll score a barrowload this season.
    Kennedy

Farid played well today with zero support.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    His goal was a peach today, shame he didn't bury the header right before it. Looks good.

Yup,
    He's got an eye for goal. Is he any good at penalties? That was an absolute shocker.......

Loved him coming back to help defend. Brilliant goal and seems to be a great guy too. The right kind of player to have in the team!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Was not impressed his first few games. Seemed to win lots of headers offensively and defencively without seeing anything in his footwork to impress. Changed my mind yesterday. Beautifully taken goal.

I love his work rate, but he's got more to him than just that. He can clearly score goals, and he's decent at holding the ball up and keeping possession.

A much better option than Collins, an improvement you could say.

Coaching Staff
    I love his work rate, but he's got more to him than just that. He can clearly score goals, and he's decent at holding the ball up and keeping possession.

Agree, but needs a much better midfield supporting him, Craig, Robertson and Stanton need to give themselves a shake.

Coaching Staff

Absolutely.

But as you say earlier we need another striker to assist in the goal scoring department.

Who knows who scores if he's out injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Absolutely.

But as you say earlier we need another striker to assist in the goal scoring department.

Who knows who scores if he's out injured.
    Leigh Griffiths. I agree with what you say, and its not just up front. We are short of quality players all over the park, and short of actual bodies in the squad for a season in the championship.

Someone like Griffiths has proven he can mask that by the amount of goals he scores, unless we sign 4 or 5 other players who are better than what we currently have we can't win this league in my opinion, signing Griffiths gives us an outside chance just because of the goals he would score.

The 3 playing behind him need to offer more. Harris had a lot of nice touches in the first half but not really in the right areas. Stanton has offered nothing in any of the games so far. He's lost out wide. And I still just think Handling lacks something. There isn't enough threat going forward from him. Farid must have won 90% of the balls up to him but those 3 in particular didn't anticipate anything and get on to the second ball. The one time we did we ended up with a penalty. That should have encouraged them to be closer to him and make some runs, take a chance.

We need better crosses in to the box. The number of times we hit crosses in to the stand yesterday was shocking. The big man will go and attack it if the quality is there. Full backs have a big part to play in that too. I'd be tempted to put Booth in who has a bit more composure on the ball and might deliver something.

Farid should also be taking the penalties.

EZ

This lad looks like being an asset, but he needs service from out wide and support from midfield. Lack of that destroyed James Collins IMO and will do the same to El Alagui ....... though he does seem more capable of making and taking chances for himself if yesterdays cracking effort is anything to go by.

I've got one of these adverts for water aid in Africa going through my head:

This is Farid ..... He has to trudge miles every game to get on the ball, he is dying from lack of service, but it doesn't have to be like that. You could help buy Farid and forwards like him a desperately needed winger by sending £2 a month to our charity. Just text WINGER to 555 555 5. Don't let another striker suffer through lack of service.

The guy looks the part. Puts himself about, great movement and can score goals. Wish we had him last season. I always say if you have a goalscoring striker in your team then he should be taking the penalties

Like to see Cummings playing off him. He is 10 times more effective than Handling on the ball and gets involved.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    He is class and looks more than capable of getting 20+ goals this season but he badly needs support and service from midfield.

He's fed off scraps most of the season so far and has still managed 2 in 3 games.

He done really well yesterday, won headers, is good holding it up with his feet, strong. And what a classy finish that was. Him and Cummings will be a good strike partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Was not impressed his first few games. Seemed to win lots of headers offensively and defencively without seeing anything in his footwork to impress. Changed my mind yesterday. Beautifully taken goal.
    Dad? This is what my dad thought of him.

If he had Leigh Griffiths playing up front with him they would run riot in this league given some decent service.

Misses a lot of what I'd class as easy chances, forwards miss those but I fear that these misses wi haunt us if they continue, missed two fantastic chances at Ibrox which would IMO have won us the game, missed a glorious header yesterday too that could have gave us a fighting chance of getting a draw, his goal was an absolute peach which gives us an insight into what he can deliver but the game was stone dead by that point.

We do need to create more chances for him though

He did very well with limited/no service. Butcher would have killed for someone who was able to make so much of pretty aimless lumps up the park alone and with no support.