hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Stevenson/Walker (Both offered 2 game ban)

If Stevenson is going to get banned for his challenge ... Surely walker will get banned for putting his head towards Stevenson in the aftermath ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

What actually happened?

Was really hard to see from the other end and not seen any highlights yet.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Watched when I got in and didn't realise what he'd done...but he went in and raked his calf...IMHO nothing more than a booking, but walker tried to stick the head on him.......thought andy walker was going to come he was so excited about stevesons tackle.....twat....
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What actually happened?

Was really hard to see from the other end and not seen any highlights yet.
    Stevenson booted walker as he shielded the ball. Walker took exception and squared up but I think it's stretching things a bit to say he headbutted lewis. Lewis probably should have seen red and probably still will while I'd say walkers reaction should have earned a booking.

When they were wasting time in the corner Stevenson swiped through Walker from behind without really looking like going for the ball and clearly pretty frustrated. Walker didn't react kindly, sought out Lewis put head to his and finished by pushing it forward.

Commentator then criticizes Stevenson and doesn't mention Walker's headbutt.

Stevenson's was maybe a red, Walker's was definitely a red.

Lewis would have demolished that wee fud had it came down to it. No doubt about it.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Stevenson booted walker as he shielded the ball. Walker took exception and squared up but I think it's stretching things a bit to say he headbutted lewis. Lewis probably should have seen red and probably still will while I'd say walkers reaction should have earned a booking.
    It might not have been a full on head butt but we've seen plenty players getting sent off for that. Even Mr Hearts Neil McCann said he should be looked at if Stevenson's is picked up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Watched when I got in and didn't realise what he'd done...but he went in and raked his calf...IMHO nothing more than a booking, but walker tried to stick the head on him.......thought andy walker was going to come he was so excited about stevesons tackle.....twat....
    Going on about how Stevenson 'isn't a hard man' etc

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    It might not have been a full on head butt but we've seen plenty players getting sent off for that. Even Mr Hearts Neil McCann said he should be looked at if Stevenson's is picked up on.
    I agree players have been sent off for less than walkers reaction but from what I saw of it I feel lewis committed the worse offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    I agree players have been sent off for less than walkers reaction but from what I saw of it I feel lewis committed the worse offence.
    He did

Yeah I laughed at that bit.....wee Lewis is solid, and would half walker in a tackle....I really like that part of Lewis's ability to put his foot in....he was clearly frustrated......
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

He started with " Stevenson is a footballer.....and not a "hard man" and neither he is. The tackle was totally out of character for Lewis and showed sheer frustration on his part. If Lewis gets called up on this then i hope Walker gets taken to task also!

Anyone who has questioned Lewis's commitment to the cause in the past have now got the answer they were looking for and i hope they are happy with it?

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Stupid foul to give away ,when theres a minute to go and we need a goal . Imo

Ggtth

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Andy Walker is such a massive fud

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Can't argue with that !

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Patronising scrotum

Missed the out-of-character move by Stevenson but the motion of a head butt is something that is actionable even without contact. Certainly the Hibs players were very vocal in pointing that out to the officials but Collum was too far away and I can only assume the linesman was looking elsewhere.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Nearly chucked my laprop through the window at this stage! Andy walker is a tool

Just been shown on sportscene highlights so might be discussed on there

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Regardless of what happened Andy walker is a massive ****. Slagging off Lewis by saying he's not a hard man. Would love to see the pair of them in a 50/50 challenge, would be nothing left of that Celtic ****.

If Lewis was booked at the time for the tackle, then he can't get a retrospective red or any other punishment.

Walker could though.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    He started with " Stevenson is a footballer.....and not a "hard man" and neither he is. The tackle was totally out of character for Lewis and showed sheer frustration on his part. If Lewis gets called up on this then i hope Walker gets taken to task also!

Anyone who has questioned Lewis's commitment to the cause in the past have now got the answer they were looking for and i hope they are happy with it?

i don't think i've read ANY poster on here questioning the wee mans commitment, the quality of his passing yes...but not his commitment

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zondervan View Post
    If Lewis was booked at the time for the tackle, then he can't get a retrospective red or any other punishment.

Walker could though.
    I don't think he was booked at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I don't think he was booked at the time?
    He wasn't booked at all yesterday

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Stevensons behaviour at the end of the game was ridiculous, if any other player in our team had done this he'd have been hounded for it but not precious lewis the trier.

The guy is untouchable, he made a ridiculous challenge and slowed the game down to boot when we needed to put hearts under pressure, idiotic.

Andy Walker isn't the enemy here either he said "I don't know what he is doing, he isn't a hard man he is a football player" which I took to mean he rates him as a player and doesn't think he is a thug. But you guys just see it as someone giving your precious untouchable Lewis "cut inside and pass it back" Stevenson abuse, when it was actually nothing of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Stevensons behaviour at the end of the game was ridiculous, if any other player in our team had done this he'd have been hounded for it but not precious lewis the trier.

The guy is untouchable, he made a ridiculous challenge and slowed the game down to boot when we needed to put hearts under pressure, idiotic.

Andy Walker isn't the enemy here either he said "I don't know what he is doing, he isn't a hard man he is a football player" which I took to mean he rates him as a player and doesn't think he is a thug. But you guys just see it as someone giving your precious untouchable Lewis "cut inside and pass it back" Stevenson abuse, when it was actually nothing of the sort.
    You will get slaughtered for that post lol

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post

!!

There does seem to be a lot of folk that defend Stevenson due to his commitment alone.

Sorry but working your knackers off should be the minimum requirement for any football player. Sadly we don't seem to sign many that do which makes Stevenson appear more favourably to some.

It may just be me but I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill, certainly don't think it's worth anything retrospective. It was handbags and I will be very surprised if anyone is punished

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm glad he booted the wee ****

First Team Breakthrough
    I am just upset he never broke Walkers leg, the little rat is always diving. IMO rat boy dived and should be given a ban for the headbutt. Disgusting from squint beak.