hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roberston

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo

Roberston

Why hasn't he been subbed yet and better still why does he start?

2. Log in to remove the advert

There he goes

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

**** sake given a penalty and now sent off

Coaching Staff
    Thought after the first half that it was inevitable he would get a red.

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

Roberston's stats so far

games played 3

goals given away 3

yellow cards 3

red cards 1

knee jerk reaction my arse! the boy is ****!

First Team Breakthrough
    Absolutely hate slating players for hibs but he is so unnatural on the pitch. Absolute bombscare today.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He's pish. Must've had about two good games since we signed him. Surely Scott Allan gets a start from now on.

Him & Craig should be shown the door, both pish!

Robertson's been a liability for most of last season and the start of this. He can't tackle just runs into players, poor passer and never has an attempt at goal when an opportunity comes along. We can only hope that he will be on the bench after his suspension.

Craig and Robertson

Hopefully that's their final chance gone now as they have both continued in the same manner as last year .

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Robertson was one of our best players in many games last year. I hope he plays in most of our games this year except for derby games. He has a clear history of jambophobia and should not play against them. He was giving fouls away all game and a threat for being a man down for most of the game until he was sent off. Not only was he sent off but he gave away a stupid penalty. Not only did he give away a stupid penalty, he was nutmegged by Nicholson who found acres of space to rifle the ball in the net.

I hate that we don't get to see subs come on until late in a game when we are behind. Leeann should make a club rule that one sub must come on by 60 minutes and two subs by 70 minutes. Allan and Kennedy should have come on much sooner as we were not producing any shots at their goal. Hibs fans could do the Posnan at 60 minutes until a sub is made.

Show them both the door in the morning...flops last year and look no better this year. Massive early mistake by Stubbs to make Craig captain imo

Can't help but agree, these two are constantly quoted in press about how much they are hurting after last season and want to restore pride etc but yet again more of the same, Craig just isn't captain material as he hides and Robertson just spends his games fouling, winds of change my a*se it's barely been a breeze and we are woefully short of options on the park in a do or die season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He doesn't win tackles - he gives fouls away.....he never finds his man with a pass.....and his first touch is woeful....someone argue with this, I just don't see it with this lad, full of running and energy but that's about it.

Never a good time to post just after a(nother) derby defeat but his performance today was very poor.

He wasn't the one today that failed to show.....Harris despite a decent fist half faded in the second, Stanton hasn't played well in any game this season and Handling...well again I've never seen it with this lad.

AS has a lot of work still to do as he has admitted himself.

GGTTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Show them both the door in the morning...flops last year and look no better this year. Massive early mistake by Stubbs to make Craig captain imo
    Sorry - but I disagree. Thought they did quite well today. It was the final third where we weren't good enough today I thought.

To not even work the goalie from the penalty spot in any game is bad, but in a derby it's criminal.

Craig played well other than the penalty, all Robertson done today was commit fouls and loose the ball with his horrendous first touch. Robertson has been terrible in all three games so far IMO he was always going to get sent off today for persistent fouling he had committed 3/4 more since he got booked and after the ref have then penalty he was always going to be sent off, he should have been subbed at half time

Robertson and Craig - please go away! Very poor midfield!

Quote Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
    Him & Craig should be shown the door, both pish!
    Exactly, pair of bottle merchants! Gtf

Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    Craig played well other than the penalty, all Robertson done today was commit fouls and loose the ball with his horrendous first touch. Robertson has been terrible in all three games so far IMO he was always going to get sent off today for persistent fouling he had committed 3/4 more since he got booked and after the ref have then penalty he was always going to be sent off, he should have been subbed at half time
    I felt Robertson and Craig were excellent in harrying and closing down Hearts and restricting them to very few efforts at our goal. I was thinking for most of the game that, for the first time in a while, we were not being outfought physically by Hearts. I think it's inevitable in these games that the guys doing that kind if work will pick up yellows and.Stubbs should have replaced Robertson. It's not Robbo's fault though that he wasn't subbed. Central midfield today was one of our stronger areas. I doubt Alan Stubbs will be thinking it is one of our problem areas. He will be looking further up the pitch IMO

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Craig played well last week so wouldnt say bottle merchant, robertson was very poor today

First Team Breakthrough HibeeHendo's Avatar
    I thought Craig has been one of our best players so far. Robertson on the other hand is awful.

Allan to start next week.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    Sorry - but I disagree. Thought they did quite well today. It was the final third where we weren't good enough today I thought.
    Robertson was nutmegged to let Nicholson score his goal and he gave away a stupid penalty to not only reduce us to 10 men but give away a second goal. His whole game was clumsy fouling and not his usual contribution. Needs benched or day off at derby games.

Craig played quite well though I agree, except for the penalty miss, which I hate but won't hold against him.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeHendo View Post
    I thought Craig has been one of our best players so far. Robertson on the other hand is awful.

Allan to start next week.
    Yes. But do we play Allan beside Craig or further up the park? Stubbs clearly doesn't fancy OTJ (and I can't say I blame him), so are there any other central midfield candidates?

Can't stand Robertson, a complete let down of a player. Never in control of the ball and offers very little

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Can't stand Robertson, a complete let down of a player. Never in control of the ball and offers very little
    Have to agree mate. Get him to **** along with Craig.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    Craig played well last week so wouldnt say bottle merchant, robertson was very poor today
    He's the biggest bottle merchant to captain Hibs. He shouldn't be at the club after his performances last season,same goes Robertson. He runs about like a headless chicken and even if he does win the ball without fouling(hardly ever)he gives it away 9 out of 10 times anyway.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Fitness poor and discipline abysmal. But why the hell did Stubbs not take him off earlier when it was obvious to anyone what was going to happen?

Craig had his chance to redeem himself for last season with the penalty.

He bottled it and couldnt get it on target from 12 yards.

I wish he spent more energy leading the team and not constantly moaning at the ref.

a huge disappointment as a player, a hopeless captain.

Won't miss him when he's gone.

I just don't really get what Robertson brings to the party. He doesn't score. Never makes a killer pass. Isn't a Roy Keane type enforcer. Doesn't create much. Never beats a man. What does he actually do?

As for Craig; I thought for 30 minutes today he carried on his decent form from Ibrox and last week. He was breaking up play, wanted the ball and getting stuck in. He was the best midfielder on the park at that time. The miss seemed to totally deflate him though and he fell to pieces. That's worrying and poor from both an experienced player and the club captain.