hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough broomiehibs's Avatar

message from a concerned mother

Hi guys just had this sent to me to be posted on here

Yesterday my son who is 17 years old and has followed his team all over last season.
    he supports Livingston and after the game him and a couple of his friends were going for the train, when 30 to 40 Hibs "supporters" chased them for the banner that they had, his friend got attacked and the banner took off him, luckily my son managed to hide in a local cafe where the kind shop owner allowed him to stay until the hooligans dispersed, and my son was safe.
    I think this is a total disgrace that people would act like this because of football.
    This could have been a serious or life threatening attack if the Hibs fans had got there way.
    I know there must be a lot of decent Hibs fans out there but these people are letting your team down.
    I was told before the game that the Hibs fans were bad but now i believe this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough broomiehibs's Avatar
    Disgraceful, lets do what we can to stop these morons bringing our club down

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Give the lads their banner back FFS.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broomiehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi guys just had this sent to me to be posted on here

Yesterday my son who is 17 years old and has followed his team all over last season.
    he supports Livingston and after the game him and a couple of his friends were going for the train, when 30 to 40 Hibs "supporters" chased them for the banner that they had, his friend got attacked and the banner took off him, luckily my son managed to hide in a local cafe where the kind shop owner allowed him to stay until the hooligans dispersed, and my son was safe.
    I think this is a total disgrace that people would act like this because of football.
    This could have been a serious or life threatening attack if the Hibs fans had got there way.
    I know there must be a lot of decent Hibs fans out there but these people are letting your team down.
    I was told before the game that the Hibs fans were bad but now i believe this.
    I wondered what had happened, was on the bus and saw a group of around 20 guys chasing what appeared to be just 1 guy down by the omni centre and across the road by gullianos, police were soon heading down that direction

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    This posing with flags upside down is such a tw@ish thing to do.

Especicially as it sounds like the Hibs "casuals" were up against two 17 year olds from Livingston.

That well known and much feared West Lothian football "firm".

Pwoper Naughty!

J

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Bunch of twats if this is true, need to grow up

If its the guys I think it might be then they're all too common after a game. I don't know them but see them regularly and A lot of them don't even go to the game but get to Easter Road for "afters".

They're a remnant of a darker past and aren't really football supporters, its terrible that young guys can't go to a football game without fear of attack.

Yep, well done, a group of thirty to forty of them attack two innocent youngsters for their banner, they must be so hard. Welts. No doubt individually they probably couldn't fight sleep.

Hope both lads are okay and get over the incident quickly. I also hope it doesn't put them off attending games at Easter Road in the future.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    So called hard men steal flag of a couple of laddies, deary me, cowardly, not Hibs class get the flag back to them.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post

These twitter feeds don't help either. Gives them their moment of "fame".

Not wishing to defend a gang of 20 odd chasing 2 or 3 which is cowardly in the extreme but is there a bit more to this than meet the eye?

That DBM banner had appeared on more than one Twitter account relating to 'casuals' before (I'd always wondered what team it related to). Is this not maybe a case of young lads playing at being hard men and it all getting a bit out of hand and one of them telling his parents one side of the story?

Not defending the larger group as it's poor behaviour but it's laddies against laddies, too much testosterone and too few brain cells. Been there, done it and bought the Stone Island t shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Not wishing to defend a gang of 20 odd chasing 2 or 3 which is cowardly in the extreme but is there a bit more to this than meet the eye?

That DBM banner had appeared on more than one Twitter account relating to 'casuals' before (I'd always wondered what team it related to). Is this not maybe a case of young lads playing at being hard men and it all getting a bit out of hand and one of them telling his parents one side of the story?
    Could be, but there have been eye witnesses on carious threads stating that they saw a good 20 or so boys chasing one lad.

Doesn't seem cricket to me.

J

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    What does the banner symbolize? Why did it make them chase 2 lads for it?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    What does the banner symbolize? Why did it make them chase 2 lads for it?
    I think it's some "Livi" firms initials.

The Drum Beat Mafia or something to do with the bloody Drum.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Could be, but there have been eye witnesses on carious threads stating that they saw a good 20 or so boys chasing one lad.

Doesn't seem cricket to me.

J
    No I in team game
    Catches win matches
    I was banned till I left home going to matches @ 18 big reason I moved out !

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    "Casual State of Mind"....deary me....
    Hooded jacket - CHECK
    Adidas trainers - CHECK
    20 idiot mates - CHECK
    It's like hoolie by numbers.....

Not defending the larger group as it's poor behaviour but it's laddies against laddies, too much testosterone and too few brain cells. Been there, done it and bought the Stone Island t shirt.
    Good post.

A quick search of the internet reveals DBM is the flag of the Livingstone Ultra's - called Drum Beat Mafia. Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUCl0tTqNJQ and twitter feed here https://twitter.com/VoiceAndColour/s...83216657633281

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    I think it's some "Livi" firms initials.

The Drum Beat Mafia or something to do with the bloody Drum.

J
    Yep, they're an ultras group but that's all I believe, not a 'firm' as you put it.

Was this the group of boys waiting on the other side of the bridge post-match?

On my way home in the car ,I saw two lads chasing two lads just down and across the road from the playhouse .I saw the Livi flag colours Other groups of young lads were hanging about on other side of road and and one idiot was standing in the road shouting something about Hibernian. A traffic Warden spotted them and called it in and police car was heading for scene quickly after that .
    There must be CCTV in that area so they would be easily picked out

Left by mutual consent!
    I saw a group of dead-eyed youth first of all hanging after the bridge on Bothwell Street and then again at Picardy Place not far from Guiliano's. I didn't see any chasing or fighting though.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Hibs fans be warned when Livingston come they are up for a "scrap" http://t.co/GkQjPrrjo5
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Raging Hormones and immaturity will always throw up such incidences. Nothing to do with football and all to do with, like I say, hormones and immaturity. This type of incident went on way back in the 70's too. The only plus is that it is always an extreme minority involved.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Time now to delete this thread in case a 'lazy journo', gets hold of it?

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar

Despite two "not defendings" you seem to be doing a bit of defending. I've never been there, never done that, and there is no excuse, period. Two wrongs don't make a right, and the laddies argument holds no water either. IMO the behaviour in and around grounds in the past drove a lot of supporters away (including my dad after he was attacked). Zero tolerance is the only appropriate response.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    Despite two "not defendings" you seem to be doing a bit of defending. I've never been there, never done that, and there is no excuse, period. Two wrongs don't make a right, and the laddies argument holds no water either. IMO the behaviour in and around grounds in the past drove a lot of supporters away (including my dad after he was attacked). Zero tolerance is the only appropriate response.
    Not really defending am I?

Some boys at 16/17 do daft things to try and impress their mates and girls. It doesn't make it right but it happens.

I've no time for guys trying to relive their youths by going scrapping at the football in their 40s and 50s but in your teens? It's daft, it's wrong but it's happened for years and will still be happening 20 years from now. That's not defending it it's just not being naive and accepting these these things go on.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Not really defending am I?

Some boys at 16/17 do daft things to try and impress their mates and girls. It doesn't make it right but it happens.

I've no time for guys trying to relive their youths by going scrapping at the football in their 40s and 50s but in your teens? It's daft, it's wrong but it's happened for years and will still be happening 20 years from now. That's not defending it it's just not being naive and accepting these these things go on.
    Agree with most of that apart from the bit about accepting it. To just accept things is as good as condoning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    Yep, they're an ultras group but that's all I believe, not a 'firm' as you put it.
    TBF mate I have no idea what they are, was just answering the question on what the acronym meant.

Funnily enough I go to football to watch football.

J

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Was also on the bus at the omni centre when the big group ran past, as its been said it all looked like young laddies, didnt see many colours so would be unfair to comment on just how many was chasing who, but it was definitely Livi lads being chased.

And id also be very sceptical with what the boys told his mum. Not exactly going to tell her he went down to Edinburgh with 10-15 of his mates looking for a scrap...