hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

Celtic back in Champions League (merged)

All over twitter right now

“@ScottishSun: Celtic could land a Champions League lifeline after Legia Warsaw confirmed UEFA investigation into the availability of one of their players”

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just read about it. Legia released a statement saying they may have fielded an ineligible player.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Aww naw your joking!!!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Celtic will be awarded a 2-0 home victory.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Cannae see the best fitba fans in the world accepting advancement based on a technicality when they were thumped by 6-1, if it was a close run thing and the offence made a difference perhaps but true fitba people like the best fans in the world will surely know they were thrashed and accept it.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I sure hope so
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Would be funny as if this was the case.

Blog Entries
    Oh dear. Didn't this happen with FC Thun a few years back?

Hang on a minute though, didn't celtc field an ineligible player as well? They have been bleating for ages about Griffiths not being celtc (or simple) minded or whatever it is so this must balance it out surely? They can't have it both ways.

Surely just a fine would ensue?

While we were rightly criticised for getting a pasting off Malmo, I take it Celtic getting pumped 6-1 doesn't constitute a national embarrassment?

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    While we were rightly criticised for getting a pasting off Malmo, I take it Celtic getting pumped 6-1 doesn't constitute a national embarrassment?
    Is there a difference to the coefficient between a 6-1 and 9-0 defeat? if there is then you can really appreciate what Delila was on about earlier.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Very good point mate...if anything there result is worse given their resources! !

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Don't be silly, they could have got pumped 10-1 and it would have been glossed over and turned into a moral victory.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    Surely just a fine would ensue?
    That would be what should happen as it's not as if Celtic Genuinely think that one player made all the difference but precedents have been set so they may get a reprieve . but that won't placate the Fans they know how bad they played in those two legs and they have been embarrassed by it .

It's a difficult one to fathom out really. The player was sent off in some game at the end of last season, they didn't play him in either of the ties against St Pats or the home leg against Celtic. It was a 3 game ban but seemingly there was a problem regarding his registration which means that he wasn't fully registered for the St Pats games. On that basis they are contravening the rules and would forfeit their place in the CL.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    If you're a football team competing to get into the champions league you should be well enough run/organised that this just doesn't happen. If they're booted out it's their own fault and I've nae sympathy for them.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    If you're a football team competing to get into the champions league you should be well enough run/organised that this just doesn't happen. If they're booted out it's their own fault and I've nae sympathy for them.
    If they broke the rules then they have to accept the appropriate punishment, Celtic should quite rightly benefit despite me not wanting them to

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    idd, but i have no sympathy for Celtic either, and a lot of their fans seem to feel the same. They were reamed, well and truly.
    One guy did not destroy them, they were just found wanting in all departments and the right thing for them to do would be to say let the result stand.

Quote Originally Posted by <3Morrissey View Post
    Oh dear. Didn't this happen with FC Thun a few years back?
    I remember it happening with Stuttgart when they were playing Leeds and sent on a sub that was an ineligible player. They were kicked out and Leeds were beaten comfortably by the team that is now Sevco.

A statement on Legia's official website read: "The club announces that in connection with the Celtic FC-Legia Warsaw match in the second leg of the third qualifying round of the Champions League, UEFA opened an investigation into the participation of Bartosz Bereszynski.
    "The club is preparing the relevant information and explanations, which will be sent to UEFA today.
    "The result of the investigation will be announced immediately after its completion."

I'm not sure what the 'relevant information and explanations' will amount to, but the result was so conclusive I'm just not sure that they'd let the Smellies in through the back door. By rights Warsaw should be kicked out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinribs View Post
    idd, but i have no sympathy for Celtic either, and a lot of their fans seem to feel the same. They were reamed, well and truly.
    One guy did not destroy them, they were just found wanting in all departments and the right thing for them to do would be to say let the result stand.
    Player came on with 4 minutes to go, score at 0-2 (1-6)......Celtic have no morals if they take Legia's place
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    If smelik get back i it would just prove the game is crooked to the core.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Celtic have no morals.
    fixed that for you

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    fixed that for you
    Aye, that is what I meant Myjo
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Testimonial Due
    the boy played 2 mins at 1-6 FFS, they've no chance. (it's a conspiracy)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28693855

"However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Uefa ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour".

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post

"However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Uefa ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour".
    That was an intelligible player. The Warsaw player was banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Player came on with 4 minutes to go, score at 0-2 (1-6)......Celtic have no morals if they take Legia's place
    Much as i dislike celtic, it really isnt anything to do with them. If legia have broken the rules and get punted out then thats not celtics fault, thats between legia and uefa? If celtic had complained then maybe thats slightly different, but i dont think they have?

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post

Yes, but LW definitely had an interest because if they did not play him it might have ended up 1-7. By puting him on they kept the score at 1-6. They have to thrown out for that surely.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    If smelik get back i it would just prove the game is crooked to the core.
    Seriously?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!