hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Stevie May

First Team Breakthrough

Stevie May

Just heard Sheff Wed and Rotherham are fighting it out for his signature. I'm surprised other clubs, including us, didn't place a bid.

Is he beyond our budget?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeHutch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just heard Sheff Wed and Rotherham are fighting it out for his signature. I'm surprised other clubs, including us, didn't place a bid.

Is he beyond our budget?
    At £800 ,000 I think he probably is and other teams may join in If Celtic got over a Million for Tony Watt May must be worth more .

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Seriously?

He is well beyond our reach now.

Maybe 12 months ago we may have been able to get him but not now, considering the amount of goals he scored last season and the fact that we've just been relegated.

Left by mutual consent!
    If we had that type of money we would be better bginging back Leigh. But we dont, we a very heavily in debt which the forthcoming accounts will show.

@hibs.net private member

Is he beyond our budget?
    The fact that we have never spent more that 250k max on a player for over 10 years, constantly lose out to most teams on wages, and have just been relegated therefore further reducing our budget ....what do you think ?? :)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs

Is he beyond our budget?
    Even if we somehow could afford him, why would he join us? It would be a daft move for him.

I do agree that its surprising other clubs arent interested in him though. Hes 21, scored 25 goals last season and the figures being talked about are less than £1 million? That seems like a no brainer to top end Championship clubs, and even some of the smaller Premiership clubs could take him as a squad player.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Don't really see where the surprise comes from - in the context of other young Scottish players who have gone down South and made no impression (with Goodwillie being the latest) I'm not surprised that people aren't fighting for his signature, as good a player as he looks.