hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garry O'Connor

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Garry O'Connor

Signed for Selkirk apparantly.

https://www.facebook.com/selkirkfootballclub

'Breaking news : Ex Hibernian FC , Locomotive Moscow and Birmingham City striker Gary Oconnor to sign with Selkirk FC , Gary to attend tomorrows match v Hibernian at Yarrow Park (kick off 6.45pm)'
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good to see him playing football again whatever the level.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Always liked Gary. Good luck to him. For his family's sake I hope is demons are behind him

Left by mutual consent!
    Pretty sure the 20's have a game against them tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how he does.

@hibs.net private member
    Added interest for tomorrow night's match.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?287595-Hibernian-v-Selkirk!!&p=4110884#post4110884

Good luck to the guy.

His mistakes are well documented but for his and his families sake I hope he's put it all behind him.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good luck to the guy.

His mistakes are well documented but for his and his families sake I hope he's put it all behind him.
    Spot on PB - totally agree mate.

Sorry but no for me.

Lost all respect for him after seeing him re-sign, seeimngly get himself less fit as the season wore on, embarass himself during the cup final and after the cup final then slander Fenlon after he left.

Good on his day, but an absolute joke of a guy.

@hibs.net private member
    Can we get the thread back on track?

Can we keep this ON topic and leave out the personal stuff please.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Not his biggest fan since his last time at the club, but i wonder if this is part of his rehab and maybe even part of the new tv programme he's supposed to be appearing in?

It proves that the guy just wants to play football if nothing else. Good luck to him. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." On here you must be joking.....

Quote Originally Posted by lEXO View Post
    It proves that the guy just wants to play football if nothing else. Good luck to him. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." On here you must be joking.....

If he had kept himself fit he could still be earning himself a couple of grand a week.
    He'll never get back there now.
    Don't think he deserves any abuse or pity from Hibs fans.
    Has Deek officially retired now?

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anyone who doesn't see that the guy needs all the help and support he can get must gave a heart of stone.

He had it all and couldn't deal with it and has royally ****ed up time and time again.

I would like to think that I will one day enjoy watching Hibs as much again as I did when Garry & Derek and their teammates were at their best.

Rather than rejoicing in their demise as many seem to take great joy in doing, I am saddened that they are no longer playing.

Good luck Garry

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman1875 View Post
    Good to see him playing football again whatever the level.
    could have ended up working on a boat with elephant man kk
    good luck goc

It is a shame how he has fell from strutting his stuff in Russia to playing at Selkirk but that's life unfortunately. He seems keen to keeping himself involved in football and if that keeps him focussed then great. A great servant to Hibs who will be adored by all Hibees faithfull who meet him. All the best in whatever you achieve in life.

All the best to Big Gaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If he had kept himself fit he could still be earning himself a couple of grand a week.
    He'll never get back there now.
    Don't think he deserves any abuse or pity from Hibs fans.
    Has Deek officially retired now?
    I don't think so, not that I've heard anyway.

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    dont know how long ago but i drove down to the borders one evening to watch GOC ,sure he was 16 at the time cant remember against who but Gala sticks in my mind ,he looked a player annd was throwing these grown men about like toys,good luck on whats left of your time left in the game,

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Good luck to the guy.

Great news for GOC that Selkirk are giving him a chance to ply his trade again as a footballer.

Selkirk's a great border club so I hope he screws the noddle and gets to grips with what's right and wrong in life and repays them for the faith they have shown in him.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Anyone who doesn't see that the guy needs all the help and support he can get must gave a heart of stone.

He had it all and couldn't deal with it and has royally ****ed up time and time again.

I would like to think that I will one day enjoy watching Hibs as much again as I did when Garry & Derek and their teammates were at their best.

Rather than rejoicing in their demise as many seem to take great joy in doing, I am saddened that they are no longer playing.

Good luck Garry
    I don't think anyone on here is or ever has rejoiced at his demise? It seems that there is a frustration some folks still have at having watched one (or two if you include Deek) of our most promising footballers throw it all down the gutter.

Yes he needs support and help and probably he didn't get that help and advice during his career and it's good he is playing at some level.

But he had the ability to be a great forward, and that is why it's furstrating as he could still be playing at a good level and still be leading the line for his country.

Left by mutual consent!
    Good luck, Garry! -both in your personal and professional life.
    You gave this Hibby some memorable moments -including that last minute goal at E.R. that secured a satisfying 1-0 win against our greatest rivals.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Good luck Garry, wished it had worked out differently.

Known him and his family for donkey's years and I can honestly say he doesn't have a bad bone in his body.

With some luck we might see one of his laddies play for us one day. According to Garry's grandad the younger is the best bet of the two.

I loved watching Garry play. I was never his biggest fan after seeing him on a night out with my own eyes when he was a youngster and confronting him. But his play on the park back then was amazing to watch. Therefore leave off the name calling eh.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Maybe he has FINALLY realised how much he has messed up his life, highly doubt it but good luck to the guy. If he gets fit this season could still play at a higher level

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Sorry but no for me.

Lost all respect for him after seeing him re-sign, seeimngly get himself less fit as the season wore on, embarass himself during the cup final and after the cup final then slander Fenlon after he left.

Good on his day, but an absolute joke of a guy.
    Harsh...........very harsh. Everyone should be given the chance to re-establish respect - and self respect. Yes, he let a great many people down - Hibs community AND his family. But most of all himself. And it will take him a long time to earn back what he's lost.

But that does not mean people should dismiss him as a waster.......time will tell. And if his efforts ARE genuine he deserves the support he needs to get there.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

First Team Breakthrough
    Even as a teenager at Hibs he was in the cube in Musselburgh kissing my dad's Hibs badge on his arm thinking he'd be safe with him.

He's always had problems and the more money he got the more he spent, seen him in my work the other week and he's looking leaner so he should hopefully stroll it at Selkirk and roll back the years.

Admin edit: let's not go there

Quote Originally Posted by EastCalderHibby View Post
    could have ended up working on a boat with elephant man kk
    good luck goc
    Aye imagine realising you need to work too support your family & going to get an every day job, or self destruct and rely on the state when you were once earning £30k a week.

I have far more respect for KK than I ever will for GC.

I do however wish him luch in getting his life in order & hopefully get a passion for football back