hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Films

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw '1917' on Friday. Really enjoyed it. Similar to Dunkirk in that it was intense from start to finish. Definitely would recommend going to see it.
    Saw it last week at the IMAX. While I enjoyed it I’m not sure it was quite as good as I thought it was going to be. Think I preferred Dunkirk to be honest.

Well worth a watch though and the time flew by so that’s always a good sign.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I saw 1917 yesterday and can’t work out how on earth they made it. Fantastic film making. why hasn’t George McKay been nominated in the acting awards? Unbelievable.

I’ve started to make a list of the films I’ve seen since the start of the year. Here’s my favourites so far

1. Parasite
    2. 1917
    3. Train To Busan
    4. Uncut Gems
    5. Diego Maradona
    6. Mid90s
    7. The Fairwell

I appreciate that some of them aren’t new but it’s the first time I’ve seen them!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Went to see 1917 on Thursday night and really enjoyed it. I think what makes the film even more impressive is that it’s one continuous scene. It feels more real and you know you're not missing anything.

Overall a very good film

Must see Copperfield. Can't be any worse than the book!

I watched Booksmart today. I highly recommend it. One of the best portrayals of a friendship I’ve seen in ages

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Just watched Momento.
    Incredible film about a guy with short term memory loss trying to make sense of his wife's murder .
    It's a real mind bender.
    Brilliant

Edit: its actually spelled Memento.
    Last edited by sleeping giant; 04-02-2020 at 11:09 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Just watched Momento.
    Incredible film about a guy with short term memory loss trying to make sense of his wife's murder .
    It's a real mind bender.
    Brilliant
    Christopher Nolan has made some fantastic films. Memento, The Prestige, Interstellar, Dark Knight....

Dunkirk I think is a masterpiece. Possibly one the best films of the last 10 years. Gets better with each viewing and drawdropping on the big screen - and that soundtrack!!!
    Last edited by Hibby70; 04-02-2020 at 09:00 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Just watched Fury, thought it was excellent. Brad Pitt was good but the supporting acting from Shia Lebouf, Jay Hernandez and Jon Bernthal were great, especially Lebouf. Really good watch.

Watched Uncut Gems the other night thought it was very good, have to say i found it strangely stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Watched Uncut Gems the other night thought it was very good, have to say i found it strangely stressful.
    That’s next on my list many many seem to be finding it the same.

Really mental film

Just watched the disaster artist. Now feel I should watch the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Really mental film
    Was different for sure. Was a bit hectic in places.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Just watched Fury, thought it was excellent. Brad Pitt was good but the supporting acting from Shia Lebouf, Jay Hernandez and Jon Bernthal were great, especially Lebouf. Really good watch.
    Watched this when it first came out while on holiday in America, was surreal watching it with an American audience, all shouting and cheering whenever they blew anything up.
    Really enjoyed the film all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Watched this when it first came out while on holiday in America, was surreal watching it with an American audience, all shouting and cheering whenever they blew anything up.
    I remember going to see the Karate kid in the cimema when it came out. The crowd/audience were mental, jumping about and chanting Daniel's name throughout the film. It was bonkers and never experienced anything like it since. Was a fantastic experience and still brings a smile to my face all these years later lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    I saw the first of the crappy star wars films there. It is mental. Whooping and a hollering. They went ape**** when r2d2 came on screen

Had the pleasure of watching Parasite by Bong Joon Ho tonight. Incredible, the single best film I have ever seen in a cinema.

I don't watch many movies, but I'd wholeheartedly recommend this one, it really benefits from a fully cinematic viewing.

Went to see The Lighthouse on Friday. I’m always up for a weird film but this was off the scale! Difficult to say that I enjoyed it but it was certainly an experience and Willem Defoe was brilliant.

Also caught 1917 few weeks back. Wasn’t a huge fan, it was a bit gimmicky for me and the various bigger name cameos kinda take you out of the story.

Also saw David Copperfield and loved that. Just great whimsical humour and top performances all round from a great cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Had the pleasure of watching Parasite by Bong Joon Ho tonight. Incredible, the single best film I have ever seen in a cinema.

I don't watch many movies, but I'd wholeheartedly recommend this one, it really benefits from a fully cinematic viewing.
    Parasite wins Best Foreign Feature, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay AND Best Picture at the Oscars (the only non-English film ever to do so). Wow.

That was a nice surprise to read this morning. Most chain cinemas weren't even showing it, had to watch it in an independent one!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Parasite wins Best Foreign Feature, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay AND Best Picture at the Oscars (the only non-English film ever to do so). Wow.

That was a nice surprise to read this morning. Most chain cinemas weren't even showing it, had to watch it in an independent one!
    It'll be on mainstream distribution now.

I just watched the director accept the Oscar for best international picture. It looks like he's not got a clue that he's won best overall picture.

The only words he said in English were "I'm ready to drink now...till the morning".

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Parasite - Best Director!

Great speech too.

Watched The Joker thought it was very good and excellent acting by Joaquin Phoenix.

Watched The Joker thought it was very good and excellent acting by Joaquin Phoenix.
    Excellent film, really pleased Joaquin Pheonix won Best Actor at the Oscars, he was outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Parasite - Best Director!

Great speech too.
    Watched it yesterday, what a movie. I hadn't realised he also directed The Host, a brilliant mind ending monster film from 2006.

@hibs.net private member
    Watched uncut gems on Netflix last night, never been so stressed watching a film before, so much going on in almost every scene I found it difficult to watch

It's "Berlinale" (Berlin Film Festival) over here and I had the pleasure last night of watching the movie "Hope" - Norwegian director Maria Sødahl's film is basically an autobiographical drama, one she scripted, telling of her battle with a terminal brain tumor diagnosis. Some truly fine acting by Andrea Bræin Hovig and Stellan Skarsgård in the roles of the main protagonists - if your Norwegian is not so good it has subtitles ... and is well worth watching - possibly not everybody's cup of tea, but I thought it was quite excellent.