hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Films

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Get Out

2. Log in to remove the advert

Terrifier, it's a stupid slasher clown movie, trashy and cheaply made, but kept me fairly entertained, the clown is great in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get Out
    Watched it last night. Ooft. I'm still thinking about it.

Watched Full Metal Jacket last night very good film.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Sisters Brothers is meant to be good.
    Read the book. Brilliant.
    I've seen the film. It's not as good as the book. Not as funny.

I've just finished watching Once Upon a Time in the Midlands, absolute garbage, particularly Shirley Henderson. 😱

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I can't say I've watched many films with subtitles and got in to it, with the exception of maybe Hero. However was recommended a satirical film on Netflix called 'look who's back'. It's basically about Hitler waking up in Berlin in 2014, based on a book I believe, and so far it's been pretty good. Very funny considering the main character being him. I'm about half way through and fully recommend.

Watched "The Kursk" and "Glass" this week but most impressed with Gomorra (need subtitles for this one) series recently.Italian mob story produced by Sky.Brutal and true with great acting and fantastic original music score.Highly recommended if you like mob stories.
    "Chernobyl" is ongoing mini series I follow right now.

I watched Glass last night. Good idea and great acting by James McAvoy but poorly done. Quite disappointed.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Anyone been to see Rocketman yet? Had mixed reviews, but fancy going to see it

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I saw it on Thursday, loved it. It’s on for over 2 hours but it goes by in a flash. Well worth a watch imo.

I watched Inside Out on TV yesterday. Had never seen it before and I thought it was absolutely brilliant. OK, it's a kids film but I thought it gave arguably the best easy to understand depiction of anxiety I have ever seen. The scene with the fears being locked away in the subconscious and occasionally sneaking out and one featuring the 'train of thought' going haywire and careering off the rails were brilliantly done.

Really enjoyed it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I watched Inside Out on TV yesterday. Had never seen it before and I thought it was absolutely brilliant. OK, it's a kids film but I thought it gave arguably the best easy to understand depiction of anxiety I have ever seen. The scene with the fears being locked away in the subconscious and occasionally sneaking out and one featuring the 'train of thought' going haywire and careering off the rails were brilliantly done.

Really enjoyed it.
    I took my son to see it at the pics a few years ago, I wasn't ready for the emotional rollercoaster 😂. As you said, it's a very good film considering its a 'kids' film.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Really enjoyed it.

Took my daughter to the pictures to see this. I agree it's excellent and very well written. I love kids films to be honest.

Oh jeez, also at the pics with the kids to see that one, bing bong, the cart, take her to the moon for me....ok?.... I'm not crying you're crying

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    I saw it on Thursday, loved it. It’s on for over 2 hours but it goes by in a flash. Well worth a watch imo.
    Thanks

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    I enjoyed it as well.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I read that it was more of a musical than Bohemian Rhapsody was. Is that the case? Loved Bohemian Rhapsody but would rather just put on Goodbye Yellow Brick Road than go see an Elton John musical if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I read that it was more of a musical than Bohemian Rhapsody was. Is that the case? Loved Bohemian Rhapsody but would rather just put on Goodbye Yellow Brick Road than go see an Elton John musical if that is the case.
    I haven’t seen Bohemian Rhapsody so can’t really answer.

There’s a few big musical numbers in Rocketman but I’d still say it’s worth going to see for the story.

I haven’t seen Bohemian Rhapsody so can’t really answer.

There’s a few big musical numbers in Rocketman but I’d still say it’s worth going to see for the story.
    You have to see Bohemian Rhapsody Hibee_girl, preferably at the Cinema

You have to see Bohemian Rhapsody Hibee_girl, preferably at the Cinema
    I know, I really wanted to see if but just didn’t have time when it was in the cinema. Might download it for the plane journey in the summer

I thought it was really good. Not a conventional biopic and much better for it, fits the subject matter. Also doesn’t try to whitewash his sexuality like I understand Bohemian Rhapsody did (haven’t seen that).

The guy who plays Elton John has a great voice also, really impressed with him. And the musical arrangements are by Giles Martin - son of George - who’s mixed all the recent Beatles remasters and did the Beatles “Love” show. Some different versions of classic songs and they sound great.

Green Book is fantastic for anyone that hasn't seen it yet

On general release now, including at the Cameo (Edinburghs best cinema, support it!), I'm going tomorrow, can't wait. Maradona.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cuErPYsoaR4#menu

Spider-man;into the spider verse,watched it last night thought it was fantastic.

Watched layer cake the other night, hadn't seen it since it was first released found it even better on second watch. Very good film.

Also watched Gangster No.1 last week hadn't seen that in years either. Liked the parts from 60s era better than when it fast forward to the present day, still a good watch.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Spider-man;into the spider verse,watched it last night thought it was fantastic.

Watched layer cake the other night, hadn't seen it since it was first released found it even better on second watch. Very good film.

Also watched Gangster No.1 last week hadn't seen that in years either. Liked the parts from 60s era better than when it fast forward to the present day, still a good watch.
    Layer Cake is in my top 10 love it.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Watched Baby Driver last night (not realising Spacey was in it). Despite his unpleasant presence, I enjoyed it. Some of the sequences were really well shot, and the choreography is lovely.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    On general release now, including at the Cameo (Edinburghs best cinema, support it!), I'm going tomorrow, can't wait. Maradona.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cuErPYsoaR4#menu
    Also saw it at the Cameo. Really enjoyed it, felt it could easily have gone on for another couple of hours. the contemporary footage from Naples brings it to life.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Watched Baby Driver last night (not realising Spacey was in it). Despite his unpleasant presence, I enjoyed it. Some of the sequences were really well shot, and the choreography is lovely.
    I watched that about a week ago, good movie but the end was nonsense.

The Ted Bundy movie on Sky Cinema just now is much better than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    Also saw it at the Cameo. Really enjoyed it, felt it could easily have gone on for another couple of hours. the contemporary footage from Naples brings it to life.
    The Naples footage was amazing, really got to the heart of what went on with Diego and the Gomorrah. Fantastic filmmaking, I'm considering watching it again.