hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Season ticket renewals and purchases

A lot of supporters have stated they are not renewing until things improve at Easter Road.

We now have a new manager (Coach), a new independently minded CEO, a whole new coaching staff and structure, Sam Stanton re-signing, 3 new signings which most posters would moan bitterly if they had gone to our rivals and a concerted effort by the club to engage with fans.

What else needs to be done to encourage you to renew?

How many are renewing before the payment plan expires?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of supporters have stated they are not renewing until things improve at Easter Road.

We now have a new manager (Coach), a new independently minded CEO, a whole new coaching staff and structure, Sam Stanton re-signing, 3 new signings which most posters would moan bitterly if they had gone to our rivals and a concerted effort by the club to engage with fans.

Have we not had 5 new signings? including Combe..

A win at Rangers would probably help the cause.. it's amazing what one victory would do (not sure if this is before or after the cut off).

I think some fans, and maybe quite rightly, won't renew this season until we have a winning side on the park. they'll turn into walk up fans for the season

beat rangers, Livi and hearts and I reckon the half season tickets are a shoe in!

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar

It will make no difference to those fans that are not going to renew. We could sign the german national team and they would still complain. There are a significant number of fans who ( and I can understand why) are so pissed off that they may never return and are totally negative towards everything Hibernian does.

If we beat Rangers, Livingston and Hearts, we'll see a surge in ticket sales. Alan Stubbs should be able to tactically outshine his opponents. We have lots of options in midfield now with Allan joining, so we should dictate our games if our midfield is deployed properly against Rangers' or Hearts' poorer midfielders.

Here's a song I just thought of on the spot (and that's where it'll stay)

Robbie Neilson, doesnae ken what he's dainnnnn

John Mcglynn, doesnae ken what he's daiiinn

Peter Houston, doesnae ken what he's daiiinn

And Ally McCoist, he cannae play without spending!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    It will make no difference to those fans that are not going to renew. We could sign the german national team and they would still complain. There are a significant number of fans who ( and I can understand why) are so pissed off that they may never return and are totally negative towards everything Hibernian does.

I've been incessantly negative since around March (with IMO good reason) but I genuinely believe steps are being taken to put us in the right direction now and can see good reason for any Hibs fan to now purchase a season ticket. However, I can fully understand those who want to hold off and wait for results on the pitch. A couple wins against Rangers and Hearts next week could do more for our ST sales than any signings can.

I renewed weeks ago so this is entirely irrelevant of course.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We have to accept that we're not going to shift many more season tickets, most people will adopt a wait and see policy. If we start the season well and look like we're going to mount some sort of challenge then fans will return by patg and maybe get half season tickets. Lots of people have simply had enough and want to see the club make the first move for a change. The good thing is that I sense that most lapsed season ticket holders are waiting and hoping for an upturn in fortunes and will be back if it materialises.

There are a significant number of fans who ( and I can understand why) are so pissed off that they may never return and are totally negative towards everything Hibernian does.
    Whay would a significant number of fans be totally negative about everything Hibernian does?

I can understand the negativity towards board and management - too may failures, too many false dawns

But negative about Hibernian FC?

I don't accept that you know how a significant number of fans feel. You can only say how you feel

GGTTH

I think we will sell plenty more once people hear or see our improved football.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post
    If we beat Rangers, Livingston and Hearts, we'll see a surge in ticket sales. Alan Stubbs should be able to tactically outshine his opponents. We have lots of options in midfield now with Allan joining, so we should dictate our games if our midfield is deployed properly against Rangers' or Hearts' poorer midfielders.

Paul Weller will not have too much trouble getting to sleep tonight! :)

i think the 1st 2 games in the league are massive for hibs, but if we end up getting beat off hearts again it will end up being back to the same old routine, there is only so many times you can constantly be let down and let your rivals proceed to kick you in the stones, I hope we do win though but actions speak louder than words

ST's

It's unlikely that many more ST's will be sold as there is simply no need for one. If you want to go to a match you can be certain there will be seats available for games at ER. I accept that tickets for Cup ties (away) will be more difficult to get but there is not much else going to affect the sales.
    Maybe we need a points system/loyalty reward scheme?

of course, if you know who from the boardroom decides to go (for the good of the club),he could even sell his 10% holding to fans only and the club could offer a board placement for a fans representative drawn at random from the buyers?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    It's unlikely that many more ST's will be sold as there is simply no need for one. If you want to go to a match you can be certain there will be seats available for games at ER. I accept that tickets for Cup ties (away) will be more difficult to get but there is not much else going to affect the sales.

of course, if you know who from the boardroom decides to go (for the good of the club),he could even sell his 10% holding to fans only and the club could offer a board placement for a fans representative drawn at random from the buyers?
    There is as we need money for the player budget.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    There is as we need money for the player budget.
    I think the context of the argument was value to the consumer, not the business. I see where you're coming from though.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    I think that if we have a good run up to Xmas, we might see a surge in half season ticket sales, but I'm not expecting many more to buy just now. (Even though I think people should to help the club) but I can understand why they won't

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post

Yeah kind of agree in terms on money. I see the Livingston game is priced at £22 for an adult. I'd assume all the other games will be £22 bar Rangers and Hearts 4 times at say £28 so this equals £420. The price of a ST in the east is £405 therefore if you are unable to attend one game, you lose out.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

Normally I would be asking a similar questions, I think this time around Hibs have to prove to those lapsed fans that the corner is being turned. If we have a good first half to the season I'm in little doubt that the half season tickets will sell extremely well.

Despite Stubbs, Dempster and the new signings coming in I'm still not renewing.

Tin hat on here and I'm the first to admit once the team start producing and the fans are given something back from the club I'll be back but until then I'll enjoy the weekends with the family.

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    Have we not had 5 new signings? including Combe..

A win at Rangers would probably help the cause.. it's amazing what one victory would do (not sure if this is before or after the cut off).

I think some fans, and maybe quite rightly, won't renew this season until we have a winning side on the park. they'll turn into walk up fans for the season

beat rangers, Livi and hearts and I reckon the half season tickets are a shoe in!
    Hibs have to hit the ground running. After last season I can see the fans turning negative very quickly if they do not come out with a decent showing in the first 5 league fixtures. An unbeaten pre-season will mean nothing if they do not take 3 pts from the first league game. The PBS will be a massive game and could set off the rest of the season. Win that game and the crowds will return.

@hibs.net private member
    I renewed this morning. I said if I seen quality I would renew. Scott to me was an outstanding player for DU. Exactly the type we should be going after.

When he left to go to WBA, I never for a second thought he would be back at us. Again with our new right back I'n place, who left them to join Man U.

May just be my view on things But AS seems to be getting I'n players that were very good that he feels he and his coaching staff can reignite their careers or improve what he has seen of them.

I have been very impressed with our pre-season of football on the deck and keeping possession. We do need other players but it's what I've seen that made me renew.

GGTTH

There does seem to be large blocks of seats that were available at the beginning of the week on the site that are now greyed out can't believe we have sold that many though would be pleased if we have.

Do you really expect us to believe this?

Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    Despite Stubbs, Dempster and the new signings coming in I'm still not renewing.

Tin hat on here and I'm the first to admit once the team start producing and the fans are given something back from the club I'll be back but until then I'll enjoy the weekends with the family.
    Do you really believe it??

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Whay would a significant number of fans be totally negative about everything Hibernian does?

I can understand the negativity towards board and management - too may failures, too many false dawns

I don't accept that you know how a significant number of fans feel. You can only say how you feel

GGTTH
    I feel positive about my club and have done so since Butcher was sacked thank you very much.

Regards my other point, I have spoken to quite a few Hibs supporters consisting of lapsed ST holders, walk ups and non attenders, the vast majority are totally p'd off by everything Hibs. Whether you like it or not there are 1000's out there who are unhappy with things from Petrie still being there to the colour of our strip to the price of tickets, it is going to be long hard slog to get them back on board.

petrie out the door would help a lot imo pump the hearts and the rangers beat the rest sit top of the league and a good run the Scottish might change peoples minds

Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    Do you really believe it??

the wee one is only coming up for 2 so its enjoyable at the moment haha.

Coaching Staff
    I feel positive about my club and have done so since Butcher was sacked thank you very much.

Regards my other point, I have spoken to quite a few Hibs supporters consisting of lapsed ST holders, walk ups and non attenders, the vast majority are totally p'd off by everything Hibs. Whether you like it or not there are 1000's out there who are unhappy with things from Petrie still being there to the colour of our strip to the price of tickets, it is going to be long hard slog to get them back on board.
    Your absolutely correct, alot will never be back, once you start selecting games as a walk up supporter it does not take long before you just stop going altogether, weather is awful just stay at home, opposition is crap, just stay at home and so it goes on.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

GGTTH
    Well said. Totally bugs me when folk on here think they are speaking on behalf of a section of the Hibs support when it's only their own view in reality.

Folk on here that complain about other Hibs fans are as bad as the folk they are complaining about!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post

Can i ask what tune would this classic roll of the tongue to ?

There's still people waiting to buy STs if we sign Mcpake and vote against Rangers getting back into the league.

The only thing that will see crowds increase is results on the football pitch.

I heard that 95% of non-renewers agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I heard that 95% of non-renewers agree with you.
    I would agree but the stat is that approx. 50% of the 5% of the 95% are not too sure whether they are negative, positive or neutral towards Hibernian. The rest are either positive or negative or neutral but depending on whether Petrie leaves, we change our home strip to the traditional white sleeves, drop ticket prices then 21% of the 5% of the 95% will either go to games or not.

Stats eh!