hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar

Coulson (merged)

What do people think of him? I've seen him play two halves (Berwick and Dunfermline) and I've seen nothing that impresses me. People on Facebook seem to be of a different opinion. Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Only saw him at last nights game as i wasn't at Berwick. Thought he did quite well at times in first half, not shy in going forward and trying to take a man on, delivery was average. Didn't have an awful lot to do defensively.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do people think of him? I've seen him play two halves (Berwick and Dunfermline) and I've seen nothing that impresses me. People on Facebook seem to be of a different opinion. Thoughts?
    Thought he looked Ok nothing spectacular but think he there is potential there, thought he played better than Gray who replace him.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I've not seen him play but it must have been a difficult couple of games for a defender to prove themselves.

In order to get noticed I'd have thought he'd Maybe try and do things he normally wouldn't do or maybe try too hard when he did get a chance.

I've no idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by nribs View Post
    ...thought he played better than Gray who replace him.
    Yes, Gray didn't do much yesterday, but he was excellent at Berwick.

@hibs.net private member
    Thought he looked Ok nothing spectacular but think he there is potential there, thought he played better than Gray who replace him.
    Did look better than Gray, seemed to be looking for the ball and for space too. Not really tested defensively, however seemed to be always 4 or 5 yards infront of the other 3 defenders. Not sure if this was to give an option to go forward or if a lack of concentration I'n keeping the line.

Did look fit and matched Dunfermline for pace. Would like to see 2 or 3 games against higher opposition before making a comment on whether we should sign him or not.

On a different note, the Dunfermline goalkeeper was very impressive last night. If he keeps up that performance he will definitely be going places. Great reflexes which he proved I'n his shot stopping, got his angles spot on. Not sure about coming for cross balls as non really came to him but he looks a good prospect on first impressions.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I've not seen him play but it must have been a difficult couple of games for a defender to prove themselves.

In order to get noticed I'd have thought he'd Maybe try and do things he normally wouldn't do or maybe try too hard when he did get a chance.

I've no idea though.
    Thought he had quite a good game and can play on the right of midfield, can motor up and down the wing and looks comfortable on the ball and didn't waste a pass [ from what I can remember ]

@hibs.net private member
    I didn't think he got many touches last night. Most of our attacks in the first half went down the left hand side

Left by mutual consent!
    Just to point out my comments about Coulson looking better than Gray last night weren't me knocking Gray, it can be difficult to try and play your way into a game and he's still finding his feet and fitness level,

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Just to point out my comments about Coulson looking better than Gray last night weren't me knocking Gray, it can be difficult to try and play your way into a game and he's still finding his feet and fitness level,
    This. I don't think either played badly

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    On a different note, the Dunfermline goalkeeper was very impressive last night. If he keeps up that performance he will definitely be going places. Great reflexes which he proved I'n his shot stopping, got his angles spot on. Not sure about coming for cross balls as non really came to him but he looks a good prospect on first impressions. GGTTH
    Apparently he's on loan from Partick Thistle, so maybe they're willing to listen to offers? MotM yesterday - only slightly ahead of Nelson.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not getting a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Not getting a contract.
    Good, and good luck to him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    As it says....
    As what says?

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    As what says?
    There is tweet on the fb page from stv news saying he wouldnt be offered a contract?

How do u know that?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    As what says?
    As the title of the thread says...........................................

Coaching Staff
    Another one bites the dust. Wonder what happened to last weeks 4 signings?

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    He has just tweeted goodbye Scotland best of luck for season to Hibs , guess that means he is not staying

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Did look better than Gray, seemed to be looking for the ball and for space too. Not really tested defensively, however seemed to be always 4 or 5 yards infront of the other 3 defenders. Not sure if this was to give an option to go forward or if a lack of concentration I'n keeping the line.

Did look fit and matched Dunfermline for pace. Would like to see 2 or 3 games against higher opposition before making a comment on whether we should sign him or not.

On a different note, the Dunfermline goalkeeper was very impressive last night. If he keeps up that performance he will definitely be going places. Great reflexes which he proved I'n his shot stopping, got his angles spot on. Not sure about coming for cross balls as non really came to him but he looks a good prospect on first impressions.

GGTTH
    maybe looked 4 or 5 yards ahead of the defenders because he was playing right wing back in a 3-5-2 in the first half.

Suprised he has not got a contract ahead of david gray to be honest, based on what i've seen in the last 2 friendlies. Coulson looks alot more comfortable on the ball and getting forward. I know playing full back is mainly about defending but it's no coincidence that our poor form recently has been when we have no full back capable of getting up the park and influencing thr game further forward. I hope gray can be this type of player and booth on the other side. Sick of the likes of stevenson playing there!!

Was on the news saying Stubbs didn't offer him a contract.