hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ronny Deila

@hibs.net private member Bad Habits's Avatar

Ronny Deila

Don't know if this has already been posted elsewhere

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28307088

Great way to endear yourself to the rest of Scottish football.

What a roaster

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC J-A-W View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

What a roaster
    Celtc minded?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Being a roaster aside.

Celtic are the Champions of Scotland, no way they should have so many qualifying games.

That's the way it is though.

What a roaster
    What a ****ing twat. If it wasn't for his ****ing incredible team buying out all the other teams' talent we'd have a better league and Celtic themselves would be a better team as they'd be playing against better opposition week in week out.

What an ignorant arse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Seems like a right scatty fud. He'll be well suited to that horrible mob.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    He'll look a bit of a plum when they drop points to teams that "Drag them down " then. What a erse

What a roaster
    Lucky to get a 1 nil against 'minnows' in Iceland tonight. Chick dung & billy dodds ripping into Leigh as well tonight on the radio. Some things never change..

Nice to see that the new man has quickly slipped into the Celtic way of doing things
    This is how it feels

I saw this article just before setting off for Dunfermline tonight so I didn't have a chance to post anything but he seems like the kind of guy who will fit in perfectly at Parkhead.

I'm sure this will be the sort of thing that the Green Brigade would have been referring to with their "A man must be a Celt on and off the field" nonsense last season.

As for his comment about "the others dragging Celtic down", is he aware that clubs such as Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Motherwell are in such a weak position thanks in no small part to the fact that those clubs are based in towns where a large number of their inhabitants are going along to Parkhead every other week, therefore boosting the Celtic coffers and further weakening the opposition in Scotland.

I think I'm going to really dislike this guy, possibly even more so than his predecessor.

Feel free to take yer terrorist loving club and **** right off Ronny, I wouldn't miss you.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    What a prick. Should stick to cooking

I'd also like to remind him that his best player (and captain) is Scott Brown, his two main strikers are Leigh Griffiths and Anthony Stokes and another main player in his squad is Charlie Mulgrew.

If the rest of us clubs are keeping them down, then how about they give back the players they took from other SPL teams and we'll see how much we're dragging them down then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by TheFamous1875; 15-07-2014 at 11:44 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I think I'm going to really dislike this guy, possibly even more so than his predecessor.
    At least he's starting out being disliked on his own merits, than jumping on what was originally, a Rangers bandwagon.

Not saying that's your reasons, but think a lot of people didn't like Lennon for reasons they're not even sure of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    At least he's starting out being disliked on his own merits, than jumping on what was originally, a Rangers bandwagon.

Not saying that's your reasons, but think a lot of people didn't like Lennon for reasons they're not even sure of themselves.
    I disliked Neil Lennon whilst he was at Celtic for lots of reasons, none of which were down to either his place of birth or his religious persuasion and I think a lot of people were the same.

Lennon's behaviour at times during his years in Scotland, both as a player and a manager, was ridiculous.

Some of the things he has had to put up with has been shameful and totally out of order but he certainly made a lot of enemies with opposition fans with some of his antics.

i think he's talking about the other scottish teams recent piss poor efforts in european football which isn't helping the scottish co-efficient and thus making celtic play 3 qualy rounds? i agree with him on that score, (less said about our exploits last year the better)

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    i think he's talking about the other scottish teams recent piss poor efforts in european football which isn't helping the scottish co-efficient and thus making celtic play 3 qualy rounds? i agree with him on that score, (less said about our exploits last year the better)
    Also agree in some way. various teams are simply poorly run. the league payment share doesn't help but he has a point. Our Malmo expedition wasn't taken seriously at all by the club - we were just happy to make up the numbers and have a wee party: like our last cup final appearance.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Boys a cock just like the man he replaced

GGTTH

New Celtc manager. Same as the old Celtc manager.

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Don't see what he's said that's wrong.

The European rankings should be on a club by club basis rather than on a country's co-efficient.

The whole nation co-efficient is designed to keep the big clubs in the big nations happy and that's it.

He's sticking up for his own side so I don't have a problem with it whether it be Celtic or anyone else.

Looks like some people are just trying to be offended/annoyed by this, nothing much he said was wrong or inaccurate IMO

I don't think he actually set out to cause offence to anyone in particular but just answered a pretty loaded question

Celtic are regular Champions League Club and in the last 8 year have got to the last 16 n three separate occasion so in that sense they shouldn't have to play qualifiers, the Co-efficient should be on a Club by Club basis not Country by Country

He isn't far off though. In England the team that comes 4th only has to play one qualifier and 3rd gets straight to the group state. There should be less 2nd, 3rd and 4th placed teams in the champions league and more champions. I don't think it will happen though, because I think most people would rather watch someone like Arsenal than the champions of smaller nations.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    He isn't far off though. In England the team that comes 4th only has to play one qualifier and 3rd gets straight to the group state. There should be less 2nd, 3rd and 4th placed teams in the champions league and more champions. I don't think it will happen though, because I think most people would rather watch someone like Arsenal than the champions of smaller nations.
    "Champions league" my arse. They should actually be done under the trades description act for that. Should be called " the competition designed to keep the richest clubs rich and the wee diddy clubs down". Farce of a competition now. Since it began how many times has a non champion won it? We will never see the likes of Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Celtic win it ever again. There is probably only about 10 clubs in Europe who now have a realistic chance of winning it and that is all down to the way it is designed to make money for them

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Playing devils advocate his comments may be insensitive but they aren't far from the truth. Hibs and other Scottish teams failing to reach the group stages of the Europa league have not helped the coefficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Being a roaster aside.

Celtic are the Champions of Scotland, no way they should have so many qualifying games.

That's the way it is though.

Pish.

They reap what they sow.

Hes here to manage celtic and make them win, not make other clubs happy.

Jeez

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    Pish.

They reap what they sow.
    what's pish?
    Last edited by cleanyman; 16-07-2014 at 07:49 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    His club was one of 2 who made the league what it is.Want a more ccompetitive league ? Well dont try to hog 90% of the income through tv etc and watch the rest fight over scraps. Cant have it both ways imo .

Scotland's coefficient is a direct result of the league it has had in the past.
    That league was imposed upon us by two clubs for their benefit alone without a single thought for the Aberdeens, Hearts or Hibs. Those two clubs took 90% of the revenue.

For reasons that have been done over and over, One crashed into administration and then liquidation, got placed in Division 3 and is now in the Championship.

The other smugly sneered at its fallen rival but now with the interest gone plays in a stadium less than a third full most weeks yet has the sheer gall through its new puppet of a manager to blame its misfortune of having to play 3 qualifiers for the Champions League on teams with less than a tenth of its budget.

Bravo Ronny, you really are an utter fud.

What Deila states is correct. Due to Scotland's poor ranking, Celtic do have to play 3 qualifying games. However, IF Celtic are such a big club then they should find no difficulty in winning their qualifying games, no matter how many, as their opponents will be from other small countries and of a much poorer quality.

However, maybe Deila should be bleating to the SFA/SPL/SPFL about Scotland's poor ranking. The suits at Hampden made sure that the share of the revenue was biased so that the Bigot Bros took the lion's share depriving the other Scottish clubs of making a fist of it. Even the 4 games a season is designed to help the old firm to the detriment of the others. When the game in Scotland is played on a level playing field then maybe the ranking will go up but until then Scotland will continue to be grouped alongside other small countries.

Aberdeen having to start their qualifying at the beginning of July would have a bigger reason to complain (as an ex-cup winner).

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Don't see what he's said that's wrong.

The European rankings should be on a club by club basis rather than on a country's co-efficient.

The whole nation co-efficient is designed to keep the big clubs in the big nations happy and that's it.

He's sticking up for his own side so I don't have a problem with it whether it be Celtic or anyone else.
    If that's all he'd said there'd be no complaints. The sly dig at the rest of Scottish football isn't on though, especially when the only team with the power to change it is Celtic. If they want a more competitive league they have two options: leave or spread their wealth. I doubt he cares that strongly about being "dragged down"!