hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has Something Finally Changed?

Maybe it's just me but this management team and all the comments from folk in the game make me feel like the dark cloud at Easter Road that's hung over us may at last be breaking.

Ok, the season hasn't started but for once this is a guy wanting quality over quantity and training is fresh but hard working.

A lot of ball work and encouragement from the coaches. This could be the start of something good, even great if we won the league. Ok maybe jumping the gun there but why not dream big?

I'm tired of reading and posting stuff that's been about all what's wrong. This season this board for me will be a better place because we have a guy with, passion, drive, and a winner at heart.

Really hope the fans come back if (sorry when) we are doing well.

GGTTH.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Like everything, time will tell. But I am getting a warm fuzzy feeling that things are maybe, just maybe, on the up for Hibs.

GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!
    "No. Rod's still here. Dempsters a puppet. Nelson and Craig are still here." Etc etc etc

Mon the stubbs era!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    When we start winning proper games and are back in the SPFL challenging for Europe, that's when i will start thinking things are going well, and things have finally changed.

I feel really positive, the times they are a changing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When we start winning proper games and are back in the SPFL challenging for Europe, that's when i will start thinking things are going well, and things have finally changed.
    But wouldn't things have had to have changed to get is to there?

Fair dos BH, I'd never have a go at fans who have had enough mate. But on the flip side, can't just support them when we're doing well ;)

He's the first manager in a while that I have confidence in and seems to have a very clear vision of what he wants and how to get it. He excites me and I just have a very good feeling.

Even with butcher for me he was sensational at caley but a lot of us, myself included were a bit naive just lookin at his time there as elsewhere he was a disaster but sometimes some coaches just hit it off at certain teams

I'll reserve judgement for now.

If we are sitting near the top of the league by next March or April and challenging for promotion then I will start to feel excited and feel that things are finally changing.

Still totally scunnered by what's gone on at Hibs over the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    But wouldn't things have had to have changed to get is to there?
    Is that not what i said?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I'll wait until we have played some games that actually matter, the main thing that's different from last season is that we have no played any games that matter and have half the amount of players we should.

It's nice that Alan seems to have a good footballing philosophy and what not but forgive me if i'm no convinced after signing 2 players and played 0 games that matter.

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    The proof of the pudding.... I'm 100% behind Stubbs but until the season starts and games are won it means nothing. This season is all about results

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Fair dos BH, I'd never have a go at fans who have had enough mate. But on the flip side, can't just support them when we're doing well ;)
    I have not had enough, i will still go to a few games this coming season. I'm just not as enthusiastic as before, and don't think words are enough these days to get me excited about what may or may not happen.

Its all about getting promoted this season, nothing else is acceptable for me.

Although the last 4 seasons have been unacceptable for me, i obviously want us to turn it round and do much better.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Still the most underwhelmed I've ever been before the start of a season. I've renewed my ST but know a lot of people who've given up in the last couple of seasons and I can't blame them. Dempster and Stubbs are talking a good game but the team must deliver on the pitch.

I"ve backed the club, now it's time the club delivered.

Oh and Petrie out, Forever Hibernian!
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Maybe it's just me but this management team and all the comments from folk in the game make me feel like the dark cloud at Easter Road that's hung over us may at last be breaking.

Ok, the season hasn't started but for once this is a guy wanting quality over quantity and training is fresh but hard working.

A lot of ball work and encouragement from the coaches. This could be the start of something good, even great if we won the league. Ok maybe jumping the gun there but why not dream big?

I'm tired of reading and posting stuff that's been about all what's wrong. This season this board for me will be a better place because we have a guy with, passion, drive, and a winner at heart.

Really hope the fans come back if (sorry when) we are doing well.

GGTTH.

Did you not say the same thing about Butcher & co bud when they joined, i will reserve judgement until we are in a decent place again, with Hibs talk is cheap, it's on the pitch that counts as far as I'm concerned it's what takes place when the action starts in the new season, been to many false dawns for me to get carried away with the new set up at Hibs, only winning games and being in the SPFL at the first time of asking then i might get excited.

Left by mutual consent!
    Things are looking positive, hopefully they remain that way

I'm impressed by all the changes that are happening but I refuse to get excited anymore until I see a team on the park that is worthy of being called Hibs.
    I've fell for all the PR spin before, never again.

Yep, this.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    I have a feeling we will win the league this season, Hearts to beat THE Rangers in the play-offs before losing to our good old friends in the Dark Blue from Dundee
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Not going to pass judgement on any Hibs manager ever again until they've a good few games behind them - was impressed with the noises Butcher made when he came in but it was all hot air. Talk is cheap!

At this stage, I am neither the pessimist or the optimist and remain open-minded regarding Alan Stubbs and the season ahead. The fact is that Alan Stubbs has no competitive game under his belt, and no season to look back on. He remains an unknown quantity. Only naked facts, born of the passage of time and results, will inform us all if he is a success or failure.

Quote Originally Posted by hihohibby View Post
    At this stage, I am neither the pessimist or the optimist and remain open-minded regarding Alan Stubbs and the season ahead. The fact is that Alan Stubbs has no competitive game under his belt, and no season to look back on. He remains an unknown quantity. Only naked facts, born of the passage of time and results, will inform us all if he is a success or failure.
    This. The rest, quite frankly, is nonsense. People can express hope or cynicism as much as they like, but football is about results and performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This. The rest, quite frankly, is nonsense. People can express hope or cynicism as much as they like, but football is about results and performances.
    The rest is not nonsense. Dreams, hopes and desires are a huge part of life in general and are inside every fan......

I've intentionally not listened to a word Stubbs has said - as too many managers say the right thing and then fail to deliver. The proof is in the pudding and therefore I agree with BH and Silver. Let's see it not just hear about it through (hollow) promises.

I hope we play decent football. And I hope we do for years to come. As long as we do that I'm happy. People have hinted that's the way we're heading, so I'm optimistic.

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    I agree with most guys on this,so many of the previous managers have talked the talk and have been found wanting,i feel if we get a few more quality signings then we have as much chance as anyone else to go up and IF were up where we all feel we should be then i may get some of the feel good factor back,

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hihohibby View Post
    Damn sense

Glass half full or glass half empty. I am a "the glass is too big" sort of a guy.

I will reserve judgement until after the first 5 league games. A defeat in Game 2 will knock the supporters back a bit. But I cannot see a finish outside of the play-offs.

The feeling in the camp is getting better,, why ?? because finally rumours are turning into reality,, new signings will ALWAYS bring a feelgood factor .
    AS still has a long way to go ,, lets see us playing as a TEAM when we are playing in the league or cups , at least he has got rid of yon hoof fitba ,,
    just hope he keeps JMcD in the duggout for an input
    All we need now is a GK, CH and 2 speedy wingers , & another CF ( & they loan stars from Everton )
    hey nurse hurry up with my medication,,im beginning to smile ,,we canny have that