hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Hibs team v The Rangers

Few weeks to go but after recent transfer activity/rumours this is how I see the team possibly lining up but it will probably be a lot more different

Archer

Gray
    Nelson/Forster
    Hanlon
    Stevenson/Booth

Harris/Todd
    Robertson
    Craig
    Stanton

El Alagui
    Heffernan/Cummings

Could possibly add Coulson to that somewhere but I am hoping for a few more signings before the season starts, especially a new winger with experience

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Few weeks to go but after recent transfer activity/rumours this is how I see the team possibly lining up but it will probably be a lot more different

Archer

Gray
    Nelson/Forster
    Hanlon
    Stevenson/Booth

Harris/Todd
    Robertson
    Craig
    Stanton

El Alagui
    Heffernan/Cummings

Could possibly add Coulson to that somewhere but I am hoping for a few more signings before the season starts, especially a new winger with experience
    The guys highlighted in bold were given every chance to shine last season, but collectively took our club down. The thought of the same proven failures raising their game and delivering consistent, high level, promotion-winning performances is a big, BIG ask and fills me with little confidence -even under a new regime and different tactics. Yes, Hanlon was missed the 2nd half of the season, due to injury, but he is an average player made to look better by the dross that has surrounded him. Alan Stubbs will have to work a miracle if he expects these guys to realistically challenge for promotion. I really hope that new faces are on their way...SOON!

Left by mutual consent!
    Archer? Theres no real evidence we are even after the guy tbh.

First Team Breakthrough BVB Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hihohibby View Post
    The guys highlighted in bold were given every chance to shine last season, but collectively took our club down. The thought of the same proven failures raising their game and delivering consistent, high level, promotion-winning performances is a big, BIG ask and fills me with little confidence -even under a new regime and different tactics. Yes, Hanlon was missed the 2nd half of the season, due to injury, but he is an average player made to look better by the dross that has surrounded him. Alan Stubbs will have to work a miracle if he expects these guys to realistically challenge for promotion. I really hope that new faces are on their way...SOON!
    Calm down. Hanlon was missing for essentially the entire stint where Hibs struggled so massively last season. Played a couple of games but clearly wasn't fit. Harris came in after a long injury lay off, is a young lad who was shot of confidence. We go mental at dropping youngsters, yet don't want to give him a second chance despite some good performances in a Hibs shirt, especially the season before last. Stevenson is a solid pro, more than good enough for the championship (let's not forget the level we're playing at).

I'll let you have Nelson, he had one too many Shocking performances last season, and it will take an awful lot from him this year if he's to find his way back onto most Hibs fans good side. Craig too has some making up to do, though I think if Stubbs can get the best out of him he's currently the best player we have in our squad, so I'm personally willing to give him another season. There were players who contributed to Hibs going down last year, but it wasn't most of the ones highlighted.

Fans wanted a massive clear out. We've had a massive clear out. One or two players remain because they were under contract and we couldn't shift them. Others AS has wanted to keep and seems willing to give them another chance. If he thinks he can mould them into a side that are capable of challenging for and winning the Scottish championship then I'll trust him to do that, and hold any judgement on players until a suitable time during the season. We've the bones of a decent squad there, we need one or two of our players to really step up this season and to bring in another one or two good good players. Let's not forget the success you can have at this level by having one good player surrounded by a number of bang average ones (12/13 being a prime example). So yes, still plenty of work to be done, but let's not give up on the players and the management before we've had any time to see them play together properly.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Time to change the record don't you think? Grumpy right enough ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: StevenHibs
    Can't say this on here, it's too negative. These players have had more than enough chances and quite frankly should be nowhere near the first team! Opinions though eh? Although some I have spoke to seem to have a very short memory

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Hibs View Post
    Can't say this on here, it's too negative. These players have had more than enough chances and quite frankly should be nowhere near the first team! Opinions though eh? Although some I have spoke to seem to have a very short memory
    I don't think anyone has a short memory regrding these players at all, although I can't remember the last time you were happy on here.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Whilst I was happy for every single person and dog responsible for our relegation to be keelhauled before being kicked out the door if still alive, a new management structure is in place on and off the park. It is therefore time for the old line in the sand to be drawn and move forward without continually looking back. Whilst your history determines your present and your present determines your future it is unhealthy for the mind to live in the past. If Stubbs is happy with using some of these players and building a team to play football the way he wants then old Golden Ass is with him.

I smell sh*TE

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Cummings is injured, Heff is perpetually injured.

Nelson should be nowhere near any professional football team.

We have all had time to cool off after last season but our team is beyond weak, we need more new faces in, if we start the season with no new goalie and 8 of the team that got us relegated in the starting 11 then they are going to have to pull off some miraculous performances to get me going back to watch them.

The players who've stayed on were part of a team that was fighting St Johnstone for 6th place up until Butcher's management deficiencies took effect some time in January. That shows they're all quite capable of playing premier standard football and should do well in the championship given a manager who can use them better.

That even goes for Nelson, for all his limitations. He was part of a defence that conceded fewer goals than six other top division clubs last season, despite playing the season beside a series of make-shift right backs.

They all deserve a chance to show what the new manager can get out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    The players who've stayed on were part of a team that was fighting St Johnstone for 6th place up until Butcher's management deficiencies took effect some time in January. That shows they're all quite capable of playing premier standard football and should do well in the championship given a manager who can use them better.

That even goes for Nelson, for all his limitations. He was part of a defence that conceded fewer goals than six other top division clubs last season, despite playing the season beside a series of make-shift right backs.

A few weeks ago such sentiments would have been hard to swallow but I'm on board with Stubbs.

#mentalhibees

Anyone know when the tickets for this go on sale.

First Team Breakthrough
    New keeper

Gray
    Forster
    Hanlon
    Booth/stevenson

New winger
    Stanton
    Robertson
    New winger

Craig
    El alagui

Could do with a solid cb in there.

Absolutely spot on!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I feel we need to sign another left back, Booth or Stevenson don't exactly fill me with confidence.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I feel we need to sign another left back, Booth or Stevenson don't exactly fill me with confidence.
    Booth is the least of my worries tbh

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by hfc-1875 View Post
    New keeper

Gray
    Forster
    Hanlon
    Booth/stevenson

New winger
    Stanton
    Robertson
    New winger

Craig
    El alagui

Not going to bother playing any of these youngsters then no? The players that have been very impressive in recent games?

Spot on

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: StevenHibs
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I don't think anyone has a short memory regrding these players at all, although I can't remember the last time you were happy on here.
    I really don't recall the last time being a Hibs fan was a joy. Hope this season is different mind. But being constantly let down year after year do you blame me, or the many fans that feel the same?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A bit early to speculate on the line up, when there's a few weeks of recruiting still to happen (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    A bit early to speculate on the line up, when there's a few weeks of recruiting still to happen (I hope).

There's still three weeks until this game. I'd imagine we'll see some new faces before then.

POSSIBLY and PROBABLY

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post

Archer

Gray
    Nelson/Forster
    Hanlon
    Stevenson/Booth

Harris/Todd
    Robertson
    Craig
    Stanton

El Alagui
    Heffernan/Cummings

I can understand if this thread was a prediction poll. Otherwise who knows what the make-up of the squad (Max Factor) will be.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Hibs View Post
    TB would certainly endorse your opinion that it was the players', and not his, fault.

Some people who post on here seem to be clueless.

People moaning about last seasons players should think of Crystal palace under pulis

They were god awful uder Holloway, yet 2/3 signings and a new manger and they were brilliant, top 10 team after pulis took over.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc-1875 View Post
    New keeper

Gray
    Forster
    Hanlon
    Booth/stevenson

New winger
    Stanton
    Robertson
    New winger

Craig
    El alagui

Yep , since Rob Jones went we have been rank in the centre, agree with most of your thread but feel we need a leader in the centre of midfield also. Definately need another forward heard a whisper we are speaking to Clarkson who just got a knocked back from well decent player.

Left by mutual consent!
    New

Gray
    New
    Hanlon
    Booth

Harris
    Robertson
    Craig
    Stanton

El Alagui
    Heffernan

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Not going to bother playing any of these youngsters then no? The players that have been very impressive in recent games?
    Since it's my opinion on who should play and not yours, no. Although I've not been to the first 2 friendlies but my opinion may change after tomorrow.

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    [QUOTE=hfc-1875;4096336]New keeper

Gray
    Forster
    Hanlon
    Booth/stevenson

New winger
    Stanton
    Robertson
    New winger

Craig
    El alagui