Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adam Buxton and Nathan Burke

How did these lads play today?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J1875M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How did these lads play today?
    As already mentioned, Buxton looked just a tad overweight but at the same time looked very comfortable on the ball. His defensive capabilities were never really tested.

I'd say that Burke was quietly efficient in what he did do but did nothing to suggest he would be a vast improvement on what we already have in the midfield positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    As already mentioned, Buxton looked just a tad overweight but at the same time looked very comfortable on the ball. His defensive capabilities were never really tested.

I'd say that Burke was quietly efficient in what he did do but did nothing to suggest he would be a vast improvement on what we already have in the midfield positions.
    Agreed GB. Buxton carrying a bit of timber - a few jobs up Arthurs Seat will sort that!

You must have been keeping good company and having in-depth analytical chat at the game. ;-)

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    who are they?

i know they played as trialists but whats their brief history?
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    I remember David Murphy looking a bit chunky on his debut against Leeds United pre-season.

I've read a few folk now saying one of the trialists carrying a bit weight but also some saying the quality is evident on the ball. Sounds a bit like when Murphy first came to Hibs, let's hope the trialist if he wins a deal can replicate Murphy's impact at Hibs. Crying out since Whittaker for a good quality attacking right back.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    who are they?

i know they played as trialists but whats their brief history?
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Buxton_(footballer)

http://liverpoolfc.wikia.com/wiki/Nathan_Burke

Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    I've read a few folk now saying one of the trialists carrying a bit weight but also some saying the quality is evident on the ball. Sounds a bit like when Murphy first came to Hibs, let's hope the trialist if he wins a deal can replicate Murphy's impact at Hibs. Crying out since Whittaker for a good quality attacking right back.
    Buxton wasn't really tested today, admittedly he did look a bit bulky (to be polite) but he certainly didn't lack effort or ability ..would be better tested against a better opposition though ...

He
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyHibbie View Post
    Buxton wasn't really tested today, admittedly he did look a bit bulky (to be polite) but he certainly didn't lack effort or ability ..would be better tested against a better opposition though ...
    Agree. Good touch. Decent technique with the free kick he hit. I'd like to see him again against Berwick where he may get tested slightly more.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Buxton Looks big in the picture on his wiki

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    I remember David Murphy looking a bit chunky on his debut against Leeds United pre-season.
    I remember him looking chunky 2004-2008. Didn't stop him being a fabulous full bacl though!

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coco22 View Post
    Agreed GB. Buxton carrying a bit of timber - a few jobs up Arthurs Seat will sort that!

You must have been keeping good company and having in-depth analytical chat at the game. ;-)
    He is always that size

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    He is always that size
    It was difficult to say if he was of solid build or carrying a bit of weight. Either way he looked very good and not too unlike Murphy.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    It was difficult to say if he was of solid build or carrying a bit of weight. Either way he looked very good and not too unlike Murphy.
    He carries a " bit of weight", I'm not sure if he can shift it or not. He hasn't in the past. As a player, he has got the talent

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    He carries a " bit of weight", I'm not sure if he can shift it or not. He hasn't in the past. As a player, he has got the talent
    I can relate personally, to your first two sentences, but sadly I didn't live up to your third....

Buxton certainly had a decent right foot on him, wouldnt have said he was quick but threw himself about won headers against a bigger man and positionally he did well. Cant say he'd get me particularly excited about signing him after that 45 mins, people need to remember how poor the opposition were.

Left by mutual consent!
    I joined an Accrington Stanley forum as I was curious about Buxton, and seeing he played for Stanley on loan, I wanted to get the fans opinion on what he is like as a player...

Got 2 replies so far, will hopefully get more.

1) "probably been asked up there, because his ex boss and ex stanley player john doolan is now a coach there to alan stubbs, he was ok with us."

2) "I would say he was more than OK. Looked a class player to me when he was initially played on the right but was not quite as effective when played out of position on the left. Wish we had him back."

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    We might see a few players come in that are a bit obscure to us, and we might need to dig deep for info on their background, but if Stubbs thinks that they are good enough, then that does for me.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    IMG_2758.jpg

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    9 games between them underwhelmed

Quote Originally Posted by HadALineWiGarry View Post
    9 games between them underwhelmed
    How many first team appearances do you think Stanton or Harris would get with Liverpool or Wigan? It's the Scottish Championship we're trying to lure players into. If Stubbs thinks there's something there, then I'll trust his judgement on it.

I was quite impressed with Buxton, although when I first clapped eyes on him I thought that a fan had won the chance to play for Hibs! He really doesn't look like an athlete at all so can only expect him to have a tough few weeks ahead. No offence to Vale but he didn't ever really have somebody running at him or pushing him for pace so it was hard to get a real feel for how good he was, but he was handy on the ball and won a few headers against taller players. Worthy of a further look though.

I have to say I didn't think too much of Burke. Control let him down once or twice, but in the first game as a trialist for a new club maybe that was to be expected.

To be honest the biggest positive for me was the tangible difference in players we already had. Nelson was solid and was keen to find players with passes to feet, Craig looked like the player from the first part of last season and Callum Booth offered loads going forward - he'll be like a new signing.

Much better to see the ball being passed on the deck, much more suited to the players we already have.

Apart from the obvious positions (RB and GK) I'm a lot more relaxed now about the number of new signings we need. I think we've shifted a lot of dead wood and if we can get the best out of what we've already got, given that we're playing at a lower level then we should do fine. The young lads can fill the "squad player" positions and we just need a couple of quality players to add to what we've got.

He reminded me of Murphy too. Fat Eddie Murphy.

Where did Burke play and what sort of player is he? Tricky? fast?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Where did Burke play and what sort of player is he? Tricky? fast?
    Not sure but he's only 18 but of he's signed I doubt it'll be viewed as a first team regular.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Were these two lads just up for the game or had they been training at EM the week before and are they at EM for training this week. ?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I remember Morais' debut 45mins as a trialist. He was fantastic. What a bloody let down he turned out to be after the ink was dry.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I remember Morais' debut 45mins as a trialist. He was fantastic. What a bloody let down he turned out to be after the ink was dry.
    Thicot and Keenan were the same.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Christ, i had him playing like Luis Figo to my mate who wasnt at the game