hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,827
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,493
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the ex-sparryheided the one who was at East Fife on loan and inadvisedly gave us the big L on his forehead?
    Also (IIRC) (Allegedly) with a conviction for possession of seriously recreational drugs?

  4. #3
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    9,458
    OK, I'll joust ...

    Oh my gods! Livingston have signed SIX players that I've never heard of - three of whom will turn out to be complete diddies, two of whom will be crap and the other one barely half decent!! I'm outraged that we didn't try to sign them simply because we had no interest in them!!! It's not good enough!!!!! Petrie!!!!!!

    Oh wait .... erm ... Dempster!!!!!!!!

    I find it mildly frustrating to see other team signing players, but that is a reflection of the fact that they are two or three weeks ahead of us due to the time lost in deciding to bin Butcher. I'll make a knee-jerk judgement on our summer moves once the first competitive game arrives and then revise it once we've had a chance to see how the team is actually playing.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  5. #4
    Brad Donaldson is a good signing for them, heard good things about him and I have to say I was surprised he never got a shot in the first team. Boy I know who plays for hibs youth rated him more than Forster when he broke through.

  6. #5
    McKenna from Musselburgh, interesting!
    Good player btw but short fuse to say the least

  7. #6
    Coaching Staff Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark/Palo Alto
    Age
    34
    Posts
    15,865
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see why anyone would be bothered in all honesty.

    I doubt Hibs were looking at any of those players and Livingston were in a similar position to Hibs in that they lost a lot of players once the season finished and hadn't replaced them.

    Livingston are probably going to be amongst the 3 or 4 clubs who will be fighting to stay in the league this year hence, doing the right thing in strengthening!

  8. #7
    Testimonial Due Nevi_SOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    1,127
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McKenna from Musselburgh, interesting!
    Good player btw but short fuse to say the least
    Played against mikey a few times and agree with all you've said

  9. #8
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    40,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the ex-sparryheided the one who was at East Fife on loan and inadvisedly gave us the big L on his forehead?
    Also (IIRC) (Allegedly) with a conviction for possession of seriously recreational drugs?
    You're thinking of the correct person but he wasn't convicted of the drugs offence, the charges were dropped.

  10. #9
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    40,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see why anyone would be bothered in all honesty.

    I doubt Hibs were looking at any of those players and Livingston were in a similar position to Hibs in that they lost a lot of players once the season finished and hadn't replaced them.

    Livingston are probably going to be amongst the 3 or 4 clubs who will be fighting to stay in the league this year hence, doing the right thing in strengthening!
    This place would have crashed if we had announced we had signed most of these players.

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member Thecat23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, I'll joust ...

    Oh my gods! Livingston have signed SIX players that I've never heard of - three of whom will turn out to be complete diddies, two of whom will be crap and the other one barely half decent!! I'm outraged that we didn't try to sign them simply because we had no interest in them!!! It's not good enough!!!!! Petrie!!!!!!

    Oh wait .... erm ... Dempster!!!!!!!!

    I find it mildly frustrating to see other team signing players, but that is a reflection of the fact that they are two or three weeks ahead of us due to the time lost in deciding to bin Butcher. I'll make a knee-jerk judgement on our summer moves once the first competitive game arrives and then revise it once we've had a chance to see how the team is actually playing.
    Take it you don't know much about Bradley no?? Because if you did you wouldn't say that.

    Guy was streets ahead of Forster when he was sadly injured and it came when McPake went out as well. So Forster was then brought to the first team. Granted I think the lad has played well but Donaldson was for me a better player and most of the guys who played with him will say the same.

    Hibs bombed him then had the cheek to ask him back. He's Hibs daft but was so sickened by how they treated him he said thanks but no thanks and went to Livi. Wish the lad all the best!

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take it you don't know much about Bradley no?? Because if you did you wouldn't say that.

    Guy was streets ahead of Forster when he was sadly injured and it came when McPake went out as well. So Forster was then brought to the first team. Granted I think the lad has played well but Donaldson was for me a better player and most of the guys who played with him will say the same.

    Hibs bombed him then had the cheek to ask him back. He's Hibs daft but was so sickened by how they treated him he said thanks but no thanks and went to Livi. Wish the lad all the best!
    The bit in bold - I disagree my feline friend. I think Foster has been dodgy. Looks poor positionally, isn't that quick and gets frequently beaten in the air defensively.

    Opinions eh ?!

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member Thecat23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross89 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bit in bold - I disagree my feline friend. I think Foster has been dodgy. Looks poor positionally, isn't that quick and gets frequently beaten in the air defensively.

    Opinions eh ?!
    I agree I was meaning more when he first came in Ross. I thought he was doing well. But he did tail off big time and cost us a few goals. Should have made that more clearer in my post to be fair.

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree I was meaning more when he first came in Ross. I thought he was doing well. But he did tail off big time and cost us a few goals. Should have made that more clearer in my post to be fair.
    Roger that buddy

  15. #14
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    9,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take it you don't know much about Bradley no?? Because if you did you wouldn't say that.

    Guy was streets ahead of Forster when he was sadly injured and it came when McPake went out as well. So Forster was then brought to the first team. Granted I think the lad has played well but Donaldson was for me a better player and most of the guys who played with him will say the same.

    Hibs bombed him then had the cheek to ask him back. He's Hibs daft but was so sickened by how they treated him he said thanks but no thanks and went to Livi. Wish the lad all the best!
    I did say that I don't know anything about any of those players
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member Thecat23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,740
    😄 fair point.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #16
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    9,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
     fair point.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's probably impossible to underestimate my ignorance.

    Does sound like Donaldson was poorly treated, so good luck to him with his new club.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member Thecat23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,740
    Lol, he really is a good lad with his head screwed on. Loves hibs and was genuinely gutted how it ended. Really hope he does well just not against us 😁


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #18
    Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,871
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Rob Ogleby was good at east fife

  20. #19
    Testimonial Due Baader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,658
    Donaldson excepted, who are these people?
    Last edited by Baader; 04-07-2014 at 10:38 PM.

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rob Ogleby was good at east fife
    Am I right in thinking this is the boy who was at hearts and was caught with Garry O'Connor and Ian Black with coke a couple years ago?

  22. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I right in thinking this is the boy who was at hearts and was caught with Garry O'Connor and Ian Black with coke a couple years ago?
    Aye, thats him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)