hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough persevere1875's Avatar

Dare I say it we almost need to be more Jamboesque right now

Right tin hat on, Im sure i will no doubt take pelters from some quarters for this post but so be it, before anyone starts , Im as far removed from being a Jambo and as died in the wool a Hibby as they come, dont particulary care if people believe that or not, it matters not a jot to me, however, the levels of despondency, criticism and general apathy to anything Hibs at the moment has reached catoclismic proportions, Im not happy with the way things are at Hibs at the moment, Ive not been happy with the levels we've achieved for a number of seasons, however the bottom line is Hibs didnt choose me, I chose Hibs and for that reason and that reason alone I WILL continue to show my support for the club and the team for as long as they see fit to keep appearing every weekend in the famous green and white.

The one thing that seems apparent to me is the difference in attitude between us and them, We are a club who true have fallen way below the levels of achievement which should be rightfully expected of us, we now find our team out of the top league, with a threadbare squad, yet another management disaster and apparently with a new strip that the vast majority seem to despise, however, lets for one second take a look across the city at our bitterest rivals, there's a club who find themselves playing in the same lower league as us, they spent the last season rooted to the bottom of the league with very little hope, apart from the early season glimmers, of ever achieving safety, their financial security is a damn site worse than ours and they've been lambasted by all and sundry especially us in their attempts to break free from the man they hailed as king, we on here have mocked their cake bakes and face painting attempts to save themselves but and here's the big BUT, They as fans have stood up and been counted, they've pinned their colours high and followed them everywhere all season even when they new they were going to be turned over by all and sundry (except us obviously) and they're still doing it now, selling season tickets in more numbers, glad like we were after the attempted Mercer takeover that they still have a club to follow and hand down to their kids, we on the other hand are moaning like bitter spoilt children.

We dont like the top, fine dont like it but here's an idea, why dont you walk into the clubstore and say hey Leanne ect, I dont like the top, to be fair like many others I think its rank rotten but here's my £45 anyway because I'm a Hibby, why dont we turn up and say I think your season ticket prices are shocking and I think you've missed the boat in trying to get returning Hibby's but your giving me it on a payment plan interest free so because I love my club, here's the money now invest it wisely, why dont we just for once stop moaning and accept that its our club and nothing is going to change unless we as fans stand up and be counted, invest, support and have some pride in the fact that we're Hibby's, why dont we just remember where we were in the darkest of days, count our blessings, stop bitching and get behind this glorious shower of s**t we love so much, sticking your head in your hands changes nothing, HIBEES AND PROUD

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    The thing that upsets me about the top is the whiff of ***** in the marketing. Even if the top was genuinely designed in close collaboration with Nike (and we came up with what looks like a cheap template with an added inscription on the shoulder), someone might have asked if this really was the best time to invoke memories of the Famous Five.

I think we all appreciate we have new people at the helm who might take a while to get this club sorted out, but right now it seems no one at Hibs understands the supporters.

Oh, and the Jambos can GTF.

@hibs.net private member
    They have rallied to save their club, we have been relegated due to poor leadership and a even worse recruitment policy. Unfortunately the Hibs support is taken for granted but it appears that as a support we've had enough. It's time for RP/STF to invest and try and get the support back on board

I actually got bored reading that after 3 sentences

They are a weird bunch right enough. If we didn't exist they would have let their club die long ago, quite happily sitting in the pub on a Saturday waiting for The Rangers score on teletext.

First Team Breakthrough Lewis77's Avatar

Well put

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing that upsets me about the top is the whiff of ***** in the marketing. Even if the top was genuinely designed in close collaboration with Nike (and we came up with what looks like a cheap template with an added inscription on the shoulder), someone might have asked if this really was the best time to invoke memories of the Famous Five.

I think we all appreciate we have new people at the helm who might take a while to get this club sorted out, but right now it seems no one at Hibs understands the supporters.

Oh, and the Jambos can GTF.
    I don't think nike are particularly good at kit design. If that stems from the designers being US based and not really understanding the cultural tastes of the average european football fan, I don't know? Perhaps the designers are simply from a none football social background? Nevertheless, kit design does not appear to be their forte. Good example of this is the new Man Utd kit which is the worst they've ever had. I don't think ours it quite that bad and I appreciate how they've attempted something fresh but for me it just hasn't got there in terms of look. The sponsors logo looks gash n'aw.

As for those lot, GTF!
    Last edited by Lewis77; 04-07-2014 at 02:09 PM.

The top is absolutely rank rotten, no time has been taken to design that crap. Sooner Nike GTF the better - designed three strips and all been poor to say the least.

Hearts - i heard rolf harris was a fan - sum's them up!

The situation that mob found themselves in last season isn't comparable to the situation we find ourselves in just now, its comparable to Mercer's takeover bid and we did our job back then.

Coaching Staff
    Well the OP got what I expected, a 100% negative response.

I quite enjoyed it as a read.

Quote Originally Posted by persevere1875 View Post
    Right tin hat on, Im sure i will no doubt take pelters from some quarters for this post but so be it, before anyone starts , Im as far removed from being a Jambo and as died in the wool a Hibby as they come, dont particulary care if people believe that or not, it matters not a jot to me, however, the levels of despondency, criticism and general apathy to anything Hibs at the moment has reached catoclismic proportions, Im not happy with the way things are at Hibs at the moment, Ive not been happy with the levels we've achieved for a number of seasons, however the bottom line is Hibs didnt choose me, I chose Hibs and for that reason and that reason alone I WILL continue to show my support for the club and the team for as long as they see fit to keep appearing every weekend in the famous green and white.

The one thing that seems apparent to me is the difference in attitude between us and them, We are a club who true have fallen way below the levels of achievement which should be rightfully expected of us, we now find our team out of the top league, with a threadbare squad, yet another management disaster and apparently with a new strip that the vast majority seem to despise, however, lets for one second take a look across the city at our bitterest rivals, there's a club who find themselves playing in the same lower league as us, they spent the last season rooted to the bottom of the league with very little hope, apart from the early season glimmers, of ever achieving safety, their financial security is a damn site worse than ours and they've been lambasted by all and sundry especially us in their attempts to break free from the man they hailed as king, we on here have mocked their cake bakes and face painting attempts to save themselves but and here's the big BUT, They as fans have stood up and been counted, they've pinned their colours high and followed them everywhere all season even when they new they were going to be turned over by all and sundry (except us obviously) and they're still doing it now, selling season tickets in more numbers, glad like we were after the attempted Mercer takeover that they still have a club to follow and hand down to their kids, we on the other hand are moaning like bitter spoilt children.

We dont like the top, fine dont like it but here's an idea, why dont you walk into the clubstore and say hey Leanne ect, I dont like the top, to be fair like many others I think its rank rotten but here's my £45 anyway because I'm a Hibby, why dont we turn up and say I think your season ticket prices are shocking and I think you've missed the boat in trying to get returning Hibby's but your giving me it on a payment plan interest free so because I love my club, here's the money now invest it wisely, why dont we just for once stop moaning and accept that its our club and nothing is going to change unless we as fans stand up and be counted, invest, support and have some pride in the fact that we're Hibby's, why dont we just remember where we were in the darkest of days, count our blessings, stop bitching and get behind this glorious shower of s**t we love so much, sticking your head in your hands changes nothing, HIBEES AND PROUD

Accept a lot of what you've said but you've missed one fundamental difference between us and them. Hearts fans have all enjoyed unprecedented SUCCESS over the last 10 year and a record of success over their local rivals that matches anything in British football. Over the same period, Hibs fans have suffered countless kicks in the balls and turgid football from players who could not give a stuff for the club. Yes, we might be in the same league, but our path to get here has EASILY been the most painful. Frankly, it is a bloody wonder that Hibs have got ANY fans left. The club just do not recognise that in any way shape or form !

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Nah . Dont ever ever want to be anything like they puddle drinking smarmy cretins .

Ggtth

Hearts fans attitude to their club for me is a lot more positive.

I don't take what's going on at kickback is an indicator but you just need to see how they all dig deep!

But back when it's was Hands Off Hibs we done the same real fans turning up when needed. For me we are at rock bottom and something positive must come out from the club and soon. That way we can then try to move on as one and finally move out this horrible nightmare we find ourselves in.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    They have rallied to save their club, we have been relegated due to poor leadership and a even worse recruitment policy. Unfortunately the Hibs support is taken for granted but it appears that as a support we've had enough. It's time for RP/STF to invest and try and get the support back on board
    Yip, that's where i am today. That or sell/give/relinquish his ownership to someone that actually wants to own the club.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    The situation that mob found themselves in last season isn't comparable to the situation we find ourselves in just now, its comparable to Mercer's takeover bid and we did our job back then.
    Yes we did but do you not think the club needs support now?

Right tin hat on, They as fans have stood up and been counted, they've pinned their colours high and followed them everywhere all season even when they new they were going to be turned over by all and sundry .......and they're still doing it now, selling season tickets in more numbers,
    There is a lot to admire - my jambo pals made sure they paid in cash for their season tickets as the club wouldn't get the money if they used direct debit, paid money for shares they never got and pay monthly to keep club going. However the process by which they got to this point is different to ours and the siege mentality makes them act like they do. Look at Rangers and Celtic - Rangers getting huge crowds the last few seasons and everyone pulling together, Celtic Park half empty every match. I'd rather have our Chief Executive and management team than any of these teams.

This season will be good - we are in an exciting league with a manager that I think is a good prospect. The players will come in time although I do think it will be next year we get promoted.

The new chief executive speaks and acts in a way that most of us like. She won't get everything right but that's fine.

Got my ticket for tomorrow so I'll be standing and can be counted.

Sensible post,i like the top,understand why they have not altered season ticket prices and i do believe we stand up when needed and we will.do again.The doom and gloom on here is rubbish at times and i agree so lets get on with helping the club go forward.

Ps-it aint going to be an easy road thats for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    Yes we did but do you not think the club needs support now?
    Yup, aspiring to be like THEM cos they rallied round when their clubs very existance was in question isn't a fair comparison though.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Yip, that's where i am today. That or sell/give/relinquish his ownership to someone that actually wants to own the club.
    I'm with BH.

Something, anything has to change to rescue us from the continuous spiral into mediocrity and below.

Sure, we've got a new CEO and manager, but we have no players and I don't see any WOW announcements on the horizon that are going to inspire us and give us back our reason to believe.

It's almost as if we are just ticking along as before.....

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Accept a lot of what you've said but you've missed one fundamental difference between us and them. Hearts fans have all enjoyed unprecedented SUCCESS over the last 10 year and a record of success over their local rivals that matches anything in British football. Over the same period, Hibs fans have suffered countless kicks in the balls and turgid football from players who could not give a stuff for the club. Yes, we might be in the same league, but our path to get here has EASILY been the most painful. Frankly, it is a bloody wonder that Hibs have got ANY fans left. The club just do not recognise that in any way shape or form !
    Just when you think it couldn't get any worse...

Exactly how I feel. The best post have read in ages. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    If success is not paying bills, paying overpriced wages, ripping off charities, not paying tax and almost going to wall you can ram that.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    10/10 post agree.
    Two different situations.
    Hibs fans have had the piss taken out of them for years, Hearts fans are just happy to still have a club.
    Big difference in feelings of the two fans towards the leadership of there clubs

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    I actually got bored reading that after 3 sentences
    At a quick look it is only 3 sentences.

First Team Breakthrough John_the_angus_hibby's Avatar
    Huge difference between situations. **** was on verge of possibly going out of business, that is no risk to us. We have just reached the (hopefully!) bottom of a spiral of 5 years or whatever of ever more pish on the park and poor communication/experience management off it. So we are not needing to dig deep in that way. Our problem is management (Petrie et al).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good post and how anyone can have a pop at the op is beyond me. For me he is right in everything he says and I've thought exactly the same. I've no doubt that we as fans would come out in numbers and rally to the cause like they did but isn't that the point.......why should it take for us to be in the brink, should hibs come out and say we are toiling and could go into admin to get people to back the club, shouldn't take that IMO.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If we go into administration you will get your chance to be more Jamboesque. First thing I suggest is non payment of income tax.

The Jambo 'fan ownership' experiment is only beginning and their enthusiasm stems from relief at what could have and should have happened to them last year. If they get it right on the park and keep their budgets tight it might work but a few years in the Championship will dent the joyous noises coming from Tynecastle way. If Hearts start to perform poorly I think the arrogant nature of their expectant support becomes a whole lot more bitter quicker than even ours does.

If Stubbs and Dempster can make us proud of our club again I would much rather do it the Hibs way than the cheating Hearts way.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    There is a lot to admire - my jambo pals made sure they paid in cash for their season tickets as the club wouldn't get the money if they used direct debit, paid money for shares they never got and pay monthly to keep club going. However the process by which they got to this point is different to ours and the siege mentality makes them act like they do. Look at Rangers and Celtic - Rangers getting huge crowds the last few seasons and everyone pulling together, Celtic Park half empty every match. I'd rather have our Chief Executive and management team than any of these teams.

This season will be good - we are in an exciting league with a manager that I think is a good prospect. The players will come in time although I do think it will be next year we get promoted.

The new chief executive speaks and acts in a way that most of us like. She won't get everything right but that's fine.

Got my ticket for tomorrow so I'll be standing and can be counted.
    Admire paedos.r.us ? I dont think so . There deluded ***wit support were baking cakes to stay alive not long ago, due to there thieving maniac leader robbing from the lithuanian people.maybe you admiration would be better given to the hibs fans who after the garbage of the last few years are still following hibs like we always will.**** the hearts

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
    Admire paedos.r.us ? I dont think so . There deluded ***wit support were baking cakes to stay alive not long ago, due to there thieving maniac leader robbing from the lithuanian people.maybe you admiration would be better given to the hibs fans who after the garbage of the last few years are still following hibs like we always will.**** the hearts
    Rirrum!

There are consequences if you decide to become more "jamboesque".

Look at Rolf Harris.