hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar

Suarez Banned for 4 Months

Uruguay striker Luis Suarez has been suspended from all football-related activity for four months for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

Fifa's independent disciplinary committee imposed the ban after finding the 27-year-old guilty of misconduct.

Suarez has also been banned for nine international matches, ruling him out of the rest of the World Cup.

The incident occurred during Tuesday's 2014 Fifa World Cup Group D game, which Uruguay won to qualify for the last 16.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Atleast he wont be leaving Liverpool

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uruguay striker Luis Suarez has been suspended from all football-related activity for four months for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

Fifa's independent disciplinary committee imposed the ban after finding the 27-year-old guilty of misconduct.

Suarez has also been banned for nine international matches, ruling him out of the rest of the World Cup.

The incident occurred during Tuesday's 2014 Fifa World Cup Group D game, which Uruguay won to qualify for the last 16.
    When is the appeal ?

Thats crap,should have been far longer.
    Someone in his position should have been hammered by fifa,bottlers if you ask me

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Cool - I'm going to go and bite one of our more odious co-workers and enjoy the next 4 months continuing to be paid ludicrous volumes of money whilst sitting around playing my XBox
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Cool - I'm going to go and bite one of our more odious co-workers and enjoy the next 4 months continuing to be paid ludicrous volumes of money whilst sitting around playing my XBox

I've no idea if this is possible or not (I suspect 'not') but wouldn't Liverpool be within their rights to fine him a couple of months wages?

I would have thought there's a clause in players' contracts about 'bringing the name of the club into disrepute', or some such.

Aside from that, I have to admit to being surprised they've given such a hefty punishment. I had a feeling they would bottle it. Now if they could just do something about all the bribes and corruption within FIFA.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    You would hope Liverpool wouldn't have to pay him during the ban.

Seems strange he misses 9 Uruguay games, but 13 Liverpool. I'd have been inclined to go to the maximum 24 international games alongside the 4 months (if not longer).

Still, at least they've prevented an appeal loophole cop out.

Absolute joke punishment, Should have been locked up.

First Team Breakthrough Lewis77's Avatar

We'll see

If they stick to the punishment after the appeal, I will concede it's the best I would expect from FIFA. Has restored a wee bit of faith back in the organisation.

Presuming there will be an appeal?
    Last edited by Lewis77; 26-06-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brian6-2 View Post

I'm not sure but I've got a feeling that wasn't one of the sanctions available to FIFA.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by brian6-2 View Post
    I don't think FIFA are allowed to jail footballers. If there's been no police action you can't blame FIFA...

I still find Uruguay's reaction to all of this hilarious. It's like they have collectively refused to watch any of the videos or look at any pictures relating to this. Thus far it's the English, Italian and Brazilian media that are to blame for all of this. Looks as if they've taken a leaf out of the Rangers' fans book. Everyone else is at fault other than the person that committed the act.

Reckon Liverpool will sell him now.

If Barcelona are still interested they could still get a decent fee and offload his wage bill onto someone else, he's going to be contributing zero for the 1st couple of months plus of the season now.

Undoubtedly a talent but I don't see how Liverpool can justify him missing another chunk of games through suspension (is this the 3rd time now?). Let's be honest there's no guarantee it won't happen again.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I'm not sure but I've got a feeling that wasn't one of the sanctions available to FIFA.

assault in front of thousands of witnesses and caught on camera should be.

chiellini should press charges.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Atleast he wont be leaving Liverpool
    the main reporter for sky is stating that either Barca or Real will still put in bids for him, [players and cash]
    originally it was 80 mill,, it may well be a lot less now

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    What an absolute bellend of a man, Liverpool stuck by him (wrongly in my opinon) and once again he has left the club in a position where they are without a player because of a lenghty ban. ****** clown should have been emptied last time you reap what you sow Liverpool

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    What an absolute bellend of a man, Liverpool stuck by him (wrongly in my opinon) and once again he has left the club in a position where they are without a player because of a lenghty ban. ****** clown should have been emptied last time you reap what you sow Liverpool

By sticking by him Liverpool will probably sell him for double the price or more that was quoted last season if they are to sell now.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RP1875 View Post
    By sticking by him Liverpool will probably sell him for double the price or more that was quoted last season if they are to sell now.
    I don't give a **** what they get for him, he should never have been allowed to stay at Liverpool and I will never change my stance on that!

Really not enough of a punishment... Liverpool will suffer more than the player himself

Left by mutual consent!

hkhibby

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post

Good the guy is a horrible ignorant piece of rubbish!...**** in fact! i do not like Liverpool one little bit, but surely they would have the sense now to empty him...sell him on...if anyone will buy him after this!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    the main reporter for sky is stating that either Barca or Real will still put in bids for him, [players and cash]
    originally it was 80 mill,, it may well be a lot less now
    Have barca not got a signing ban? Or did it get lifted?

I say that because real are in talks to sign Falcao.

First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar
    So they throw the book at Suarez ,huge ban,make him public enemy No 1...meanwhile FIFA hierarchy continue to get away with corruption and bribes!...Closer to home Rebecka Brooks walks free from the courts following disgraceful acts against innocent people...strange world we live in!

First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HKhibby View Post
    Good the guy is a horrible ignorant piece of rubbish!...**** in fact! i do not like Liverpool one little bit, but surely they would have the sense now to empty him...sell him on...if anyone will buy him after this!
    Easy to say for for fans from other clubs....Liverpool tried hard to help the guy, they are being more punished than Uraguay!

seems harsh to me, not like hes done any lasting damage, might want to look into his genealogy for Romanian roots

Quote Originally Posted by HKhibby View Post
    i do not like Liverpool one little bit
    I like Liverpool that little bit more now.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Conspiracy!

The video footage clearly shows the Italian thug recklessly shouldering poor wee Luis in the teeth! They then (through a process not fully understood) photo-shopped an image of a bite mark onto his shoulder to try and get Luis sent off!

It's an Ango-Italian stitch up! Cheap morality!

Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    Have barca not got a signing ban? Or did it get lifted?

I say that because real are in talks to sign Falcao.
    It was the spanish reporter that stated both Real and Barca were still interested,it was on sky world cup report

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon unit View Post
    So they throw the book at Suarez ,huge ban,make him public enemy No 1...meanwhile FIFA hierarchy continue to get away with corruption and bribes!...Closer to home Rebecka Brooks walks free from the courts following disgraceful acts against innocent people...strange world we live in!
    I must admit I didn't immediately see the connection between Suarez and Brookes!
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    I must admit I didn't immediately see the connection between Suarez and Brookes!

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon unit View Post
    Well, according to the courts, Brooks did nothing wrong. More to the point, there will be other examples of cheating and foul play during the World Cup. FIFA will have to be consistent.