hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 94
  1. #1

    Should we target staying in the championship for 2 seasons?

    I think Hibs should take stock of where they are and wait for the inevitable promotion of Rangers and Hearts next season.

    These two clubs are not scared of spending money which will guarantee their promotion.

    I would prefer if Hibs consolidate their place in the Championship, build up some money and go for it in 15/16 season.

    Thoughts?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    8,774
    No we should be aiming to win the league.

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bolton
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,291
    It's not something that should be a target but we could be in the lower echelons for quite sometime.

  5. #4
    Left by mutual consent! Hibs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,598
    There is no way those 2 will be splashing the cash, a good hard working team with a decent striker and defence managed by someone who knows what they are doing will be well in the mix to win the championship .. No reason Hibs cannot be there.. !

  6. #5
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    9,281
    First thought? LTYF!

    Second thought? No chance. I accept that Sevco Huns will spend their way to the automatic promotion place, but there is no reason why we should not target second in the league and even if we finish third then we should still be targeting promotion - it'll just take a couple of extra games.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member 3pm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,558
    If Hibs are serious about restoring some pride, and credibility more importantly, they better be targeting promotion this season.

  8. #7
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    39,381
    Why would a club deliberately aim to be in a lower league for longer than they have to be?

    Genuinely one of the most bizarre things I've read on here and that's saying something!

  9. #8
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Hibs should take stock of where they are and wait for the inevitable promotion of Rangers and Hearts next season.

    These two clubs are not scared of spending money which will guarantee their promotion.

    I would prefer if Hibs consolidate their place in the Championship, build up some money and go for it in 15/16 season.

    Thoughts?
    My thoughts are that this is the kind of thinking that has helped get us into this position in the first place. Talk about a lack of ambition..... No, we should be targeting winning the league and **** all else....

  10. #9
    Testimonial Due Baader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,647
    Aim for the stars if you want to reach the sky. Aim for 3rd place and watch us struggle midtable.

    We need to get out this league asap and must set winning it as our goal.

  11. #10
    At the moment I see no reason to believe that we'll be anything other than mid table or worse. We practically have no squad, no manager and no money. Whether they have it or not Rangers will spend ridiculous amounts and Hearts are ahead of us in terms of preparation. Then there's the teams like Falkirk that have a half decent, settled squad.

    I think it will be 3 years at least before we're back up.

  12. #11
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    31,404
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Hibs should take stock of where they are and wait for the inevitable promotion of Rangers and Hearts next season.

    These two clubs are not scared of spending money which will guarantee their promotion.

    I would prefer if Hibs consolidate their place in the Championship, build up some money and go for it in 15/16 season.

    Thoughts?
    **** that. We go for it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    52
    Posts
    20,314
    [QUOTE=SkintHibby;4064333]I think Hibs should take stock of where they are and wait for the inevitable promotion of Rangers and Hearts next season.

    These two clubs are not scared of spending money which will guarantee their promotion.

    I would prefer if Hibs consolidate their place in the Championship, build up some money and go for it in 15/16 season.

    Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

    A truly bizarre way of thinking, targeting the top six as being a success in the SPL was bad enough but to suggest Hibs should do anything but target promotion from the championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    21,976
    Hibs should and will be aiming to gain promotion at the first attempt, however I'd imagine that there will be a contingency budget wise for 2 seasons in the championship.

    I really don't understand the talk of 3 seasons or more before we're promoted. We'll still be among the best supported clubs in Scotland and will have a corresponding player budget. Get the right manager in and it's onward and upward.

  15. #14
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    1,129
    In reality this thread is making me quite angry..... Can I respectfully suggest that the OP and anyone who agrees with the opening post **** off and support Livingston, Falkirk, Morton or some other ***** team like that? Total ****ing losers not worthy of occupying a seat at ER.

  16. #15
    Testimonial Due madabouthibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    1,603
    Thats been our problem for years, we're willing to accept that "we might not this" and "we might not that"......
    Na, we need to start tinking more arrogantly, stop accepting mediocrity and start DEMANDING that our club does better.
    We seem to go into derby matches hoping to win, whereas the Yams go in demanding it!
    Lets get shot of this crappy defeatist attitude we've had for years and show some optimism for a change.

  17. #16
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by madabouthibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats been our problem for years, we're willing to accept that "we might not this" and "we might not that"......
    Na, we need to start tinking more arrogantly, stop accepting mediocrity and start DEMANDING that our club does better.
    We seem to go into derby matches hoping to win, whereas the Yams go in demanding it!
    Lets get shot of this crappy defeatist attitude we've had for years and show some optimism for a change.

  18. #17
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,463
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Hibs should take stock of where they are and wait for the inevitable promotion of Rangers and Hearts next season.

    These two clubs are not scared of spending money which will guarantee their promotion.

    I would prefer if Hibs consolidate their place in the Championship, build up some money and go for it in 15/16 season.

    Thoughts?
    I dont think we should be targeting staying in the championship but we do need to face the reality that there is every chance that we will. I still believe we should be aiming to win the league however both rangers and hearts are off completing their team for next season and I have no idea what stage you would even say we are in. I have my own opinion as to who we should be getting in to give us the best chance of getting promoted, but that is only my view and very worryingly we only appear to be at the start of an interview process.

    both ranger and to some extent hearts have made a statement of intent with their signings, and at the same time we are shedding staff / reducing the costs...this is all becoming a bit much for a Sunday night!!

  19. #18
    Coaching Staff iwasthere1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh South
    Posts
    21,031
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Hibs should take stock of where they are and wait for the inevitable promotion of Rangers and Hearts next season.

    These two clubs are not scared of spending money which will guarantee their promotion.

    I would prefer if Hibs consolidate their place in the Championship, build up some money and go for it in 15/16 season.

    Thoughts?
    Thoughts? Absolutely crackers. It may not be achieved but I would be expecting that our ambition is to get out of the Championship as soon as possible rather than wait until the two cheating clubs are promoted.

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Some where over the rainbow
    Age
    58
    Posts
    3,723
    I can't really belive what I read there. No Hibs shouldn't be targeting staying in a lowsr league we should be tagdting building a side capable of sticking it up thd huns and diet huns.

    Wherd are hearts getting loads o dosh to spend, no where. The huns ard pish and sdrd well capable of beating them.

    Up first time by winning league.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    54
    Posts
    22,545
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Hibs should take stock of where they are and wait for the inevitable promotion of Rangers and Hearts next season.

    These two clubs are not scared of spending money which will guarantee their promotion.

    I would prefer if Hibs consolidate their place in the Championship, build up some money and go for it in 15/16 season.

    Thoughts?
    Can i get some of what you are smoking.

    Promotion first time round is a must.

  22. #21
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Ediburgh
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,415
    Why should we be looking to consolidate we should be looking to win the league!

  23. #22
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Being an Underhanded Bigot
    Posts
    2,988
    Leanne Dempster has already publicly stated our aim is to win the league.

  24. #23
    Testimonial Due Lee Marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,730
    Terrible post. Awful.

  25. #24
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the moment.
    You said it.

    8 weeks before the league kicks off so impossible to say what chance we have.

    Yes we need a manager and a lot of new players. .........

  26. #25
    Coaching Staff Waxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    6,643
    One of the worst posts i've ever read on here.

  27. #26
    @hibs.net private member Speedway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    UK
    Age
    85
    Posts
    16,539
    Up first time of asking - no excuses.
    All of the above is 'IMO'

  28. #27
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,374
    No let's aim for further relegation before consolidating. Hearts and rangers are just too strong and I feel that we need to back off before even attempting to get back in the spfl.

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,665
    Strange and pretty suspicious post. With that reasoning you will literally never win anything. We NEED to be promoted next season or I fear for our future.

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,665
    As other folk have pointed out where are hertz and the Rangers getting all this extra money from that you claim will allow them to out spend us? Both are finally having to see what living within your means is like. Neither have buckets of money to throw around. Rangers have only sold 17k season tickets for goodness sake!

  31. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by MixerKev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terrible post. Awful.
    This, brutal thread.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)