hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Update from Leeann

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_3903376

Chief Executive Leeann Dempster this afternoon updated supporters on progress in the search for a new Manager.
    The Club has received more than 40 applications from Scotland, the UK and further afield. Leeann said: "We are carrying out diligence on the names that are of greatest interest to us - from those targeted by us and also those who have come towards us - and from that process we are creating our short-list. I would hope that we will be able to start talking to people over the next few days.
    "I understand there will be a lot of speculation and interest, and we will try to keep people posted when it is appropriate to do so. Meantime, we will try to get things concluded to get the right person in as quickly as we can."
    Make sure you stay connected to all the latest news direct from Hibernian by following us on Twitter @HibernianFCClub and on Facebook - ensuring you stay on the ball throughout what promises to be
    Last edited by Hibby Gav; 13-06-2014 at 04:11 PM. Reason: managed to copy and paste the update

2. Log in to remove the advert

Does that include my Application?

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sitting just under Josep Guardiolas mate

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SWYD1875
    Does playing Football Manager count as experience? IIRC some guy once got a decent reply from Middlesbrough (I think) thanking him for his application having listed FM as his past experience

Didn't it also get one guy a job? Can't remember if it was a lower league club up here, doon sooth or abroad.

Lovely to see near constant communication from Leeann as well

Originally Posted by keekaboo

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Gav View Post
    sitting just under Josep Guardiolas mate
    Still a good 'supporter' Keekaboo!

Makes you wonder if this time there is no one candidate that LD wants prior to seeing whom is available and of course wiilling. Last time we all 'knew' Butcher was RP's choice and any announcement about compiling shortlist of candidates was empty rhetoric and the shortlist was really short.....Butcher.

For all I am still angry and embarrassed that we were relegated, with LD's appointment and todays news of Geroge Craig's appointment methinks it might have gotten through to RP and STF that if we are ever going to compete a little more cash must be spent. Perhaps STF has made a 'donation'?

The anger and embarrassment are slowly giving way to excitement and prior to a new managerial appointment dare I say a little optimism?

Last edited by SanFranHibs; 13-06-2014 at 05:21 PM. Reason: tpyos

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Doesn't leave us a lot of time to get a team together for the new season. I wonder how big an impact (if any) that'll have come the end of the season.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Already shredded and Leanne using it for her hamster's bedding. Too many grammar and spelling mistakes.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Doesn't leave us a lot of time to get a team together for the new season. I wonder how big an impact (if any) that'll have come the end of the season.
    That's my worry, if our aim is to win the league we need to hit thr ground running

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE1875 View Post
    Does playing Football Manager count as experience? IIRC some guy once got a decent reply from Middlesbrough (I think) thanking him for his application having listed FM as his past experience

Didn't it also get one guy a job? Can't remember if it was a lower league club up here, doon sooth or abroad.

Lovely to see near constant communication from Leeann as well
    Sure did

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...zerbaijan.html

Left by mutual consent!

hkhibby

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Gav View Post
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_3903376

Chief Executive Leeann Dempster this afternoon updated supporters on progress in the search for a new Manager.
    The Club has received more than 40 applications from Scotland, the UK and further afield. Leeann said: "We are carrying out diligence on the names that are of greatest interest to us - from those targeted by us and also those who have come towards us - and from that process we are creating our short-list. I would hope that we will be able to start talking to people over the next few days.
    "I understand there will be a lot of speculation and interest, and we will try to keep people posted when it is appropriate to do so. Meantime, we will try to get things concluded to get the right person in as quickly as we can."
    Make sure you stay connected to all the latest news direct from Hibernian by following us on Twitter @HibernianFCClub and on Facebook - ensuring you stay on the ball throughout what promises to be
    When Petrie was in charge of football affairs, i used to send an email....and get one back either same day or day after (not always from Rod), but i have sent two since this Ms Dempster has taken things over and no reply!!, looking for a manager...this late and coming to a championship club?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HKhibby View Post
    When Petrie was in charge of football affairs, i used to send an email....and get one back either same day or day after (not always from Rod), but i have sent two since this Ms Dempster has taken things over and no reply!!, looking for a manager...this late and coming to a championship club?
    Some might say that there has been a welcome shift in priorities.

With respect I think she's got more pressing priorities than replying quickly to our emails*

We need a manager and a squad to challenge in a few weeks.

You need to cut her some slack with this email business mate, poor woman must feel like there's no enough hours in the day at the moment.

to be fair mate, if ur 2nd email was anything like ur 1st then it will be ignored. Stop looking to stir **** and let LD do her job she has already proven that she is miles ahead in communication front and doesn't need to reply to every email.

If I recall, ur 1st email was u moaning about the 14 players being emptied by Butcher. This has already been dealt with. She was not in role and could do nothing. So having a pop at her for that isn't going to get a response. If ur that desperate for acknowledgement, get ur self a jack Russell

I got a really prompt reply from Leeann so maybe it's you?

What is the point in sending e-mails ? What will it actually achieve?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Has Global Hibby applied for the role? No doubt turn out he's got perfect credentials, great contacts and has already met Leeann.

Don't tell anyone this super hero's real identity though or he'll walk away...

I think the club has slightly higher priorities than replying to your moans.

Get a grip man

Come on Leeann. You must appoint someone this week. Put the names in a hat and pick one out. No not that one! Jim Jefferies has had his chance!

@hibs.net private member
    Not sure if your a fool,or at the wind up. But posting about emails not being responded is pathetic. Away and give us all peace.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    What is the point in sending e-mails ? What will it actually achieve?
    They're quicker than writing a letter and you don't need to buy a stamp or get off your erse to post them.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    I got a really prompt reply from Leeann so maybe it's you?
    Maybe her spam filter is activated by exclamation marks?

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That's my worry, if our aim is to win the league we need to hit thr ground running
    I think you may have to lower your expectations somewhat. We won't be winning any league next season nor gaining promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    I think you may have to lower your expectations somewhat. We won't be winning any league next season nor gaining promotion.
    You may be right, but the stated aim of our new CEO is to win the league. To have the best chance of doing that we should have had a manager in place by now, Butcher should have been sacked the day after the Hamilton game and he certainly shouldn't have been allowed to tell players they were free to go. The whole thing is typical hibs, a shambles.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Get over yourself ffs

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Patience

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Patience
    No I want a new manager now

I wonder if they have looked at anyone from the list I sent them!

I wonder if I emailed Leeann would she maybe give me a wee clue as to who the next manager might be, that sort of info would be something the gambling community could really put to good use. I promise we will all by a season ticket with our winnings.