hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Kano was surprised Petrie was at his meeting with Tom Farmer

Scotsman reporting this .Kano felt as Petrie is now in Non Executive Role he wouldn't of been at the Meeting .Find it interesting that and another example of how difficult it is going to be to remove Petrie as that tactic can only be seen as one designed to intimidate IMO .look forward to hearing update on outcome of this meeting as assume there was some straight talking done and Kano making it clear Petrie Out Campaign will continue

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    The meeting was about Petrie, who has always represented Farmer's interests at Hibs. If he's surprised Petrie was there, he'll have a heart attack when he finds out Bruce Willis was a ghost all along.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The meeting was about Petrie, who has always represented Farmer's interests at Hibs. If he's surprised Petrie was there, he'll have a heart attack when he finds out Bruce Willis was a ghost all along.
    When the players went behind John Collins back to complain to Petrie ,the Meeting was about John Collins but John Collins wasn't at the Meeting

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Scotsman reporting this .Kano felt as Petrie is now in Non Executive Role he wouldn't of been at the Meeting .Find it interesting that and another example of how difficult it is going to be to remove Petrie as that tactic can only be seen as one designed to intimidate IMO .look forward to hearing update on outcome of this meeting as assume there was some straight talking done and Kano making it clear Petrie Out Campaign will continue
    And 2k+ people turning up outside ER last Saturday wasn't?

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    When the players went behind John Collins back to complain to Petrie ,the Meeting was about John Collins but John Collins wasn't at the Meeting
    JC wasn't in the country when the players demanded a meeting with Petrie. ( Who then told them to do as there told, and allowed Collins to scrap numerous players and sign a load of crap replacements, many of whom were first choices like Makalamby, AOB, Brian Kerr and Clayton Donaldson.)

STF is no fool. I am surprised that PK was surprised.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Really? That's what you think the protest was designed to do? You don't have a very high opinion of your fellow Hibees do you? Shirley the protest was just that, a protest to show the feelings of a large section of the support. Just because a group of people gather together, doesn't make that intimidation, if you think that then you must think all protests/gatherings are designed to intimidate?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

There was a clear intent before hand to get as many people as possible along to support a campaign whose aim was clear Get Petrie Out .This was designed to put pressure on Petrie to consider his position .
    Just commenting on kaons surprise, as I wasn't surprised Petrie was there .

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    Really? That's what you think the protest was designed to do? You don't have a very high opinion of your fellow Hibees do you? Shirley the protest was just that, a protest to show the feelings of a large section of the support. Just because a group of people gather together, doesn't make that intimidation, if you think that then you must think all protests/gatherings are designed to intimidate?
    But one guy turning up at a meeting about his own future is?

Coaching Staff
    Unless it was designed by Farmer to show his unwavering support for Petrie....which it clearly was.

I have spoken to Farmer before about Petrie, and his mind is not for changing.

Unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Not what I said, is it? I merely commented on your view of the protest. This wasn't a case of intimidation at all.

Fwiw I would have assumed Petrie would be at the meeting. STF is a business man that's having his opinion of one of his favourites questioned, it's obvious that he still trusts Petrie, no matter what the majority of the support thinks.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    So confirmation that it is not just petrie out that paul wants as the two named gentlemen attend with paul. The plot thickens I wonder where this is leading the club.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Exactly what I was thinking. Probably right that Petrie was at the meeting but can imagine Farmer and Petrie making things very difficult for Paul. Farmer's view of the club's state will have been based purely on whatever Petrie has chosen to share with him. And you can be sure that will show him in a good light !

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    If Kano and his supporters have a half decent business plan, I think STF will walk away - he's probably had enough - and he won't be back.

No LD at meeting ? I bet she is not happy about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post

Why?

No offence but I'm slightly confused, why Kano has to submit a business plan to Sir Tom if the purpose of the campaign was to oust Petrie or is this part 2 of 'The Plan'?

I find it quite disrespectful to arrange a protest and ask fellow supporters to get behind it with the purpose of ousting the chairman, then four days later have a meeting with the owner which now requires Kamo to submit a business plan - I personally feel that the supporters who did attend the demonstration on Saturday to lend their support to a specific campaign are now being used as a bargaining tool (i.e.we have this support behind us) for part two of a plan which they know nothing about and may not agree with if they did.

I was not at the protest on Saturday, that wasn't because I don't think Mr Petrie should go, I believe for the good of Hibernian Football Club he should go. I may not be affiliated to a Hibernian Supporters Association but as a season ticket holder and one who has renewed for the season ahead I would like to know what this 'business proposal' is all about and who is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by aunty joyce View Post
    No offence but I'm slightly confused, why Kano has to submit a business plan to Sir Tom if the purpose of the campaign was to oust Petrie or is this part 2 of 'The Plan'?

I find it quite disrespectful to arrange a protest and ask fellow supporters to get behind it with the purpose of ousting the chairman, then four days later have a meeting with the owner which now requires Kamo to submit a business plan - I personally feel that the supporters who did attend the demonstration on Saturday to lend their support to a specific campaign are now being used as a bargaining tool (i.e.we have this support behind us) for part two of a plan which they know nothing about and may not agree with if they did.

I was not at the protest on Saturday, that wasn't because I don't think Mr Petrie should go, I believe for the good of Hibernian Football Club he should go. I may not be affiliated to a Hibernian Supporters Association but as a season ticket holder and one who has renewed for the season ahead I would like to know what this 'business proposal' is all about and who is involved.
    There were two "shows of hands" last sat; one to get RP out and one to move on to "Phase 2". P2 is about fan representation on the board.

So people expected STF to not have Petrie with him at the meeting? What part of Petries role are we not getting yet. He is there to protect and support STF. Kano surely cannot be stupid enough to think STF would meet him on his own? Also the LD comment is stupid. This is about ownership of the football club - it's above LDs level.

Why? Who proposed and chaired the original meeting..who is the CEO...why did paul need a lawyer and investment company at the meeting to discuss the removal of RP I want Rod to stand aside but what is all this other stuff about?
    I am starting to feel paul is being a bit disingenuous in the real motives here I have no doubt about the removsl of Rod is paramount to whatever these proposals are...

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar

Sorry. I don't get this. You'll need to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    There were two "shows of hands" last sat; one to get RP out and one to move on to "Phase 2". P2 is about fan representation on the board.
    Yet PK gave assurances that the protest was all about getting Petrie out. I said beforehand that I believed him because using the demo as backing for an unknown 2nd phase would be cynical and dishonest. Looks like I was being naïve.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post

Surely fan representation on the board doesn't require a business plan

On the subject of the OP, Paul Kane has mobilised a campaign to have a man removed from his post. I would have thought that he would have welcomed the chance to meet with him in person and put his case to him. I'm not sure how his presence can be seen as intimidatory.

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m;4060704[B
    ]Surely fan representation on the board doesn't require a business plan

[/B]On the subject of the OP, Paul Kane has mobilised a campaign to have a man removed from his post. I would have thought that he would have welcomed the chance to meet with him in person and put his case to him. I'm not sure how his presence can be seen as intimidatory.
    It requires two business plans apparently.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It requires two business plans apparently.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Why? Who proposed and chaired the original meeting..who is the CEO...why did paul need a lawyer and investment company at the meeting to discuss the removal of RP I want Rod to stand aside but what is all this other stuff about?
    I am starting to feel paul is being a bit disingenuous in the real motives here I have no doubt about the removsl of Rod is paramount to whatever these proposals are...

Petrie out is the requirement as I see it, then I'd like to see Leeann get her chance at reforming without hindrance. I am not convinced that a show of hands from the group that attended the protest is a mandate from Hibs fans to go any further.Are we all clear what all parties at the meeting were purporting to represent on our behalf? Is it what we want?

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I'll allow Paul Kane and the others the chance to explain before I accuse him of being disingenuous. However I'm also starting to wonder just what their actual plans are, it certainly appears to be more than just Petrie out and fans representation on the board - as others have stated why is a business plan required for the latter ? I think it's time PK and the others provide some clarity.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Kano would have been laughed out of the park if the only thing on the table was get Petrie out. There has to be a further plan, and the others that were there will have been putting something together for stage 2 and 3 or even 4.

It looks like having a fan on the board is part of this, and who would disagree with that?

There was also folk taking the piss out of this in the beginning, because they did not have a plan B or C. Well now we are getting bits and pieces, and remember this is not something thats been in the offing for long.

This has had to be put together quickly, and has been fast tracked because of our relegation. This is the straw thats broke the camels back, and maybe they will get some things wrong, but they will have the right intentions and the initial goal of getting Petrie out still stands.

It appears some folk are forgetting this, but only a few days ago the biggest protest since the Mercer days took place with the sole object of getting Petrie out.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Kano would have been laughed out of the park if the only thing on the table was get Petrie out. There has to be a further plan, and the others that were there will have been putting something together for stage 2 and 3 or even 4.

It looks like having a fan on the board is part of this, and who would disagree with that?

There was also folk taking the piss out of this in the beginning, because they did not have a plan B or C. Well now we are getting bits and pieces, and remember this is not something thats been in the offing for long.

This has had to be put together quickly, and has been fast tracked because of our relegation. This is the straw thats broke the camels back, and maybe they will get some things wrong, but they will have the right intentions and the initial goal of getting Petrie out still stands.

It appears some folk are forgetting this, but only a few days ago the biggest protest since the Mercer days took place with the sole object of getting Petrie out.
    Agree, life is never perfect, and I for one will give whatever is being discussed a fair hearing, with the hope that we can pull together.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Certainly not Leeanne Dempster.