hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Fixing

Left by mutual consent!

Match Fixing

I've seen it first hand in the lower leagues in English Football, but I think tonight the world has seen it in full HD Technicolour with surround-sound.

The game is corrupt, from the very top (Blatter) to the dregs...with Craig Thomson thrown in for good measure!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Keeper was very suspect, who had a bet on 3-1 ?.

I did in the prediction league :-)
    Cougars!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen it first hand in the lower leagues in English Football, but I think tonight the world has seen it in full HD Technicolour with surround-sound.

The game is corrupt, from the very top (Blatter) to the dregs...with Craig Thomson thrown in for good measure!
    100% the game is corrupt. Neymar should have had a red card, the penalty wasn't even a foul and their third goal had an off the ball foul. And Croatia goal was no foul on the keeper. None of these were borderline decisions they were all obvious. Officials might get one ( or even 2) wrong but not four.
    It's all about the cash - if this World Cup continues like tonight then I'm out

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomeancity View Post
    100% the game is corrupt. Neymar should have had a red card, the penalty wasn't even a foul and their third goal had an off the ball foul. And Croatia goal was no foul on the keeper. None of these were borderline decisions they were all obvious. Officials might get one ( or even 2) wrong but not four.
    I fully disagree with 3 of your 4 points. Only one I would agree with is the penalty decision. That's football though all about opinions

The Croatia goal wasn't chalked of for a foul on the keeper. Linesmans flag was up before that offside I think I heard

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    His mate between the sticks from Nigeria?

I concur with the op but Neymars two goals paid for all my ante-post bets so its all good!

Croatia goal that was disallowed was correct. The player had his arm across the keeper the rules state you can't do that.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Yep that's what I thought. Please no.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Did you see Jamie Redknapp's tips for tonight's game on sky sports, think he knew what was going down tonight, everything right apart from the score, he had 2-1, the rest he got right, lucky, or is the Redknapp family making a fortune this summer.

Brazil were never going to lose that game- anytime a Brazil player was in danger of losing the ball he just had to fall over and the ref gave them a foul. I didn't care who won that game- ref was not fair.

I watched as a neutral with no inclination towards either team, but the referee's decisions ruined it, appalling & easy to believe that this was more than just honest mistakes being made.

There was quite an interesting interview on Match of the Day with a reporter who said there was trouble just before the game and after it, and plans to demonstrate after virtually every other game too. The worry is that if Brazil get knocked out early that could make the riots outside the stadiums even bigger and a whole lot worse, because the public will no longer be distracted from the **** that's going on in their lives. He did say 'Now I'm not saying the referee would have been aware of that, but...',

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomeancity View Post
    Can't agree more

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    There was quite an interesting interview on Match of the Day with a reporter who said there was trouble just before the game and after it, and plans to demonstrate after virtually every other game too. The worry is that if Brazil get knocked out early that could make the riots outside the stadiums even bigger and a whole lot worse, because the public will no longer be distracted from the **** that's going on in their lives. He did say 'Now I'm not saying the referee would have been aware of that, but...',
    There has been a lot of trouble over thelast year, but today's was a small demonstration by metro workers 8 miles from the stadium and it was quickly dispersed. Not sure about trouble after the game, but there's always something here after any game.

Fwiw, thought the ref was awful. Neymar should have seen red and I thought the pen was very soft. FIFA and Brasil are a good match: a corrupt organisation and a corruption filled government.
    Last edited by The Green Goblin; 13-06-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    There has been a lot of trouble over thelast year, but today's was a small deonstration by metro workers 8 miles from the stadium and it was quickly dispersed. Not sure about trouble after the game, but there's always something here after any game.

Fwiw, thought the ref was awful. Neymar should have seen red and I thought the pen was very soft.
    After the match was finished on STV the cameras in the studio showed chips/holes in the windows where stuff had been thrown. Outside there was a fairly large crowd surrounded by armed police.

After the match was finished on STV the cameras in the studio showed chips/holes in the windows where stuff had been thrown. Outside there was a fairly large crowd surrounded by armed police.
    Not disagreeing with what you said, just said that I didn't see it.

Interesting, but not surprising that Brazilian media showed none of that.

There were plenty of violent protests in other Brazilian cities.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    Not disagreeing with what you said, just said that I didn't see it.

Interesting, but not surprising that Brazilian media showed none of that.
    Apologies mate, I wasn't arguing with you at all, you'll know a lot more about the situation than me. I'm not surprised it wasn't shown on Brazilian tv mind you.

Apologies mate, I wasn't arguing with you at all, you'll know a lot more about the situation than me. I'm not surprised it wasn't shown on Brazilian tv mind you.
    No worries at all mate! I was interested to hear about the stuff going on and appreciated you telling me. I was just pointing out that I wasn't arguing with what you said. :-)

I'll pick up more of what's going on from my friends who were at the game when they post on FB etc. Brazilian tv showed a bit of the protests from before the game, but the footage was mostly of the police crushing it with batons, tear gas and rubber bullets....

I had Brazil 3-1 and Neymar to score at anytime at 20/1. I'm splitting my winnings with the ref.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Never a pen, fair enough, but hey, thats never happened in a game before, eh? The rest down to interpretation but some people way OTT for me. Wonder if thats what happens when watching on "British" TV with the "quality" pundits? As for the "riots" sure theres stuff going on, but hey, is it supposed to be quiet & peaceful any other time when the worlds press are not covering every single thing? Come on G.G, you see the local news, it kicks off from time to time wether there's a world cup or not, just isnt made into that big a deal as it occurs regularly enough but theres not a pile of supporters & foreign press in the area to make it into a story worldwide.

Never been a fan of the brasil team and last night did nothing to convince me they are any good, neymar should have been off, never a pen. Hope they get pumped by argentina.

I think it was a penalty. The defender was pulling Fred with both arms, and although Fred's reaction was exaggerated it was technically a foul. Normally defenders get away with this type of cheating, but not on this occasion. For Lovren to claim that there was no contact is at best massive self-deception.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Croatia goal that was disallowed was correct. The player had his arm across the keeper the rules state you can't do that.
    Who did The Rangers play in the Cup when they got that get-out-of-jail equaliser at Ibrox?

Two players contested the ball, the fact that the striker wins it - last night - meant it was a foul.

That ref was on the pitch last night to make sure there was no upset...

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Who did The Rangers play in the Cup when they got that get-out-of-jail equaliser at Ibrox?

Two players contested the ball, the fact that the striker wins it - last night - meant it was a foul.

That ref was on the pitch last night to make sure there was no upset...
    Cannae believe people are using this as an example. You"d MAYBE have got away with that kind of challenge in the 50's but not nowadays.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Of course it's fixed in Brazils favour. Argentina, Spain and Germany are considerably better than Brazil IMO, but if you look at the bookie odds, most of them have Brazil tipped as favourites to win the thing.

I genuinely did predict a 3-1 win for Brazil (but didn't put a bet on it). I think FIFA / UEFA are corrupt to the core. I'll stick to supporting the Hibees, as long as Craigey Thompson isn't involved there isn't much fixing here

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    If I honestly thought the integrity of the World Cup was in question I would stop watching it, I don't so I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    Of course it's fixed in Brazils favour. Argentina, Spain and Germany are considerably better than Brazil IMO, but if you look at the bookie odds, most of them have Brazil tipped as favourites to win the thing.
    Because they are the host nation.
    No european team has won a world cup in south america.
    Argentina for all their fire power, are rank at the back.

Brazil are favourites but the others you mention are 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

I didn't think they were great last night. I also don't see them as a great Brazilian side by any means but we've yet to see anyone else play so we don't know how this will go.

I'm glad we got goal line technology to tell us that the ball hit the back of the net, or that paint for the wall at freekicks though. It's important the wall doesn't move. Why can't they check a video or get a shout "player dived" from someone who is?