hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fabregas signs for Chelsea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27819204

Would that be like Riordan signing for Hearts? Arsenal fans won't be too happy will they?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Worst part is Arsenal had an option to buy back and refused it. Wenger better have something big lined up or they won't be happy.

First Team Breakthrough jimmyboco1875's Avatar
    Would love to have seen him at man united

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worst part is Arsenal had an option to buy back and refused it. Wenger better have something big lined up or they won't be happy.
    Does he think that he is covered with Uzil maybe?

Mrs Beefster is devastated at him signing for Chelsea but even she admits that Arsenal don't need any more midfielders.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Strange one, as Wenger has previously welcomed back former players (Campbell, Henry) and there was no public spat about Fabregas's leaving - quite the reverse. Would have said that Fabregas is better than any of Ozil, Cazorla, Walcott and Chamberlain. And on a good day better than all four put together. Perhaps there's something we don't know.

Straight replacement for Lampard me thinks, thought he was a stick on for old trafford, possibly was till Moyes was emptied.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Under usmanov, Kronke and whinger Arsenal can't or won't compete on transfer fee and wages with the big boys. They will tend to sign players the Chelseas etc of Europe don't want.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboco1875 View Post
    He would have wanted champions league That rules them out then.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Under usmanov, Kronke and whinger Arsenal can't or won't compete on transfer fee and wages with the big boys. They will tend to sign players the Chelseas etc of Europe don't want.
    Like Ozil.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Like Ozil.
    Knew someone would say it, wasn't getting a game regularly at a bigger team and not set the heather alight so far. If city, united, madrid, bayern, chelsea or Psg wanted him that's where he'd be. Smacked of an over priced panic buy when everyone else was signing the better players.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Arsenal don't need him. They have Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Rosicky, Arteta and Flamini under contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Arsenal don't need him. They have Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Rosicky, Arteta and Flamini under contract.
    Cazorla and Ramsey are good players but I don't think any of those named have been as good for arsenal as Fabregas was before he left.

Sir Matt Busby

Blog Entries
    Ahhhhh how good must that be. Well jealous.

You need good players. Fabregas is better than every player on that list.

Promising Youngster
    Knew someone would say it, wasn't getting a game regularly at a bigger team and not set the heather alight so far. If city, united, madrid, bayern, chelsea or Psg wanted him that's where he'd be. Smacked of an over priced panic buy when everyone else was signing the better players.
    That's just nonsense. In his last season at real he had the most assists in the league, possibly Europe iirc and played the third most mins behind Ronnie and Alonso. A mediocre first season at arsenal doesn't mean you can change his previous history

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    You need good players. Fabregas is better than every player on that list.
    I agree with you about Fabregas but is he worth spending £30m and probably around £250k a week on when you've plenty of central midfielders and are in dire need of a goalkeeper, defenders and strikers? Arsenal evidently thought not.

where Man U not after FAB last season ????,,,
    mind you had they got him would they have wanted MATA???

Quote Originally Posted by talking_wiss View Post
    That's just nonsense. In his last season at real he had the most assists in the league, possibly Europe iirc and played the third most mins behind Ronnie and Alonso. A mediocre first season at arsenal doesn't mean you can change his previous history
    Where was I changing his history again? Never actually looked at it, but was he sold because they had better(?).

Decent player but his previous club were happy to let him go for a big fee and not aware of anyone competing with Arsenal for him.
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 12-06-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboco1875 View Post
    Think fabregas might have ambition and no stomach for a mid table fight

Promising Youngster
    Where was I changing his history again? Never actually looked at it, but was he sold because they had better(?).

Decent player but his previous club were happy to let him go for a big fee and not aware of anyone competing with Arsenal for him.
    You said he wasn't getting a game regularly, that's not true. I don't know if any other clubs were seriously interested, the real fans seemed fairly disappointed when he looked like leaving singing his name at bale's unveiling.

Wenger seems to have a history (maybe another fault of his) of seeing his signings taking at least a year to settle so maybe best judging him after next season. I thought he was outstanding when I watched him play for real, he's definitely been nothing like that in the second half of this season

Cazorla and Ramsey are good players but I don't think any of those named have been as good for arsenal as Fabregas was before he left.
    Ramsey last season certainly was.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Strange one, as Wenger has previously welcomed back former players (Campbell, Henry) and there was no public spat about Fabregas's leaving - quite the reverse. Would have said that Fabregas is better than any of Ozil, Cazorla, Walcott and Chamberlain. And on a good day better than all four put together. Perhaps there's something we don't know.
    Debatable if he is even better than Ozil never mind all ''all four put together''

You said he wasn't getting a game regularly, that's not true. I don't know if any other clubs were seriously interested, the real fans seemed fairly disappointed when he looked like leaving singing his name at bale's unveiling.

Wenger seems to have a history (maybe another fault of his) of seeing his signings taking at least a year to settle so maybe best judging him after next season. I thought he was outstanding when I watched him play for real, he's definitely been nothing like that in the second half of this season
    Fair do's I was trying, and probably failing, to make the point that if he was their first choice, or that good maybe they wouldn't have sold him on, not as if they needed the money! Madrid and Bale have done no too bad since though, hindsight eh.

Sir Matt Busby

Promising Youngster
    Fair do's I was trying, and probably failing, to make the point that if he was their first choice, or that good maybe they wouldn't have sold him on, not as if they needed the money! Madrid and Bale have done no too bad since though, hindsight eh.
    Aye, I seem to recall most pundits saying at the time how well spurs and arsenal had done out of all the deals with real paying way over the odds. Spurs wasted 100 mill, ozil's had a poor season and bale's a sensation!

Aye, I seem to recall most pundits saying at the time how well spurs and arsenal had done out of all the deals with real paying way over the odds. Spurs wasted 100 mill, ozil's had a poor season and bale's a sensation!
    Don't get me started on Spurs. Rod Petrie - poor mans Daniel Levy!

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Ramsey last season certainly was.

Debatable if he is even better than Ozil never mind all ''all four put together''
    Early days for Ozil perhaps. But on showings for Arsenal, so far, Fabregas probably played 50 or 100 better games than Ozil's best game.

Great business by Chelsea.

Arsenal won heehaw with cesc in 7 years, even that donkey Sanogoo has won more

He's been poor at Arsenal but any time I've seen him playing for Germany I thought he was an excellent player, and a gifted one too. Some players just don't fit into the style of a particular team, that might be the case with Ozil. Fabregas is the other way round for me, a very good, talented player at club level but for Spain I've thought he just looked ordinary. He was, to be fair, a lot of the time just being used as a sub to replace Iniesta or Xavi when they were knackered. He'll probably get more of a chance now.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Early days for Ozil perhaps. But on showings for Arsenal, so far, Fabregas probably played 50 or 100 better games than Ozil's best game.
    You judge Fabregas on games 3 years ago but not Ozil. Barcelona wouldn't be getting rid of Fabregas if he was that good. Fabregas was a brilliant player for Arsenal over like 6/7 years, Ozil has been there 1 season, he will only improve, especially if they keep Walcott fit and get a top class striker to play infront of him