hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

All the best to Butcher.

All the best to the guy. He failed sadly but I'm not holding grudges.

I hope we go with: foreign manager that would stick around or young manager with DOF implemented (which I think may happen with George Craig/Eddie May changes coming). Whichever one that happens has to build stability for the club. Each time a manager leaves, it's like rocking the boat, with players falling off the sides of the ship (clear out) and water being taken on board (debt). It needs to stop, whether it be through sacking or success, we cannot keep losing managers then losing our way. We need a culture, a way of things that dictates what managers come in and, when they leave, how we employ after that. We need direction.

Aimlessly bringing in a successful manager doesn't mean he will be successful here. This is a massive club with big expectations. This may sound bizarre but getting stable footing for the club is more important than a manager at this point. I know we are up against time but rushing this or going with favourites isn't going to work - we need to get someone to work within our way and deliver good football whilst also being party to all parts of the club - especially academy and u20s. Stanton and Harris, amongst many other youngsters, will be better for Butcher leaving - it hurts me to say that but it is true. He slowly but surely abolished all remnants of flair...

We need much stronger starting 11, with a much stronger youth team (u20s). Dundee United are paying for youngsters from The Rangers which may not necessarily be a smart move but look at the quality they also supplemented it with, e.g. Nadir Cifci - who is also young. Look at Andrew Robertson as well - he came from Queen's Park and is now capped for Scotland. One of the best left backs in Scottish football. Spend less on journeymen, it never lasts and any failure results in previous, "rocking boat" analogy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Lewis77's Avatar

Meh

I wish the man well but I never wanted him at the club in the first place. This is probably down to the fact I couldn't stand him as a player, an uncultured thug at the back if ever I saw one. Nevertheless, Good luck in the future Terry.

Cheerio terry. Thanks for getting us relegated

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Anyone who relegates Hibs can GTF as far as i'm concerned, and for me i hope every sheite he has in future comes out the size of a marrow.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I hope we go with: foreign manager that would stick around or young manager with DOF implemented (which I think may happen with George Craig/Eddie May changes coming). Whichever one that happens has to build stability for the club. Each time a manager leaves, it's like rocking the boat, with players falling off the sides of the ship (clear out) and water being taken on board (debt). It needs to stop, whether it be through sacking or success, we cannot keep losing managers then losing our way. We need a culture, a way of things that dictates what managers come in and, when they leave, how we employ after that. We need direction.

Aimlessly bringing in a successful manager doesn't mean he will be successful here. This is a massive club with big expectations. This may sound bizarre but getting stable footing for the club is more important than a manager at this point. I know we are up against time but rushing this or going with favourites isn't going to work - we need to get someone to work within our way and deliver good football whilst also being party to all parts of the club - especially academy and u20s. Stanton and Harris, amongst many other youngsters, will be better for Butcher leaving - it hurts me to say that but it is true. He slowly but surely abolished all remnants of flair...

We need much stronger starting 11, with a much stronger youth team (u20s). Dundee United are paying for youngsters from The Rangers which may not necessarily be a smart move but look at the quality they also supplemented it with, e.g. Nadir Cifci - who is also young. Look at Andrew Robertson as well - he came from Queen's Park and is now capped for Scotland. One of the best left backs in Scottish football. Spend less on journeymen, it never lasts and any failure results in previous, "rocking boat" analogy.

yes cheers terry for nearly destroying this club, ya useless dud .

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Anyone who relegates Hibs can GTF as far as i'm concerned, and for me i hope every sheite he has in future comes out the size of a marrow.
    No need for this really.

Wish him all the best, I hate to see a hibs manager fail and it's a shame for someone to loose their job but he had to go i'm afraid.

As I mentioned on another thread, I was quite happy when we appointed Butcher, I really felt that his type of character would motivate the team and install a bit more aggressiveness and toughness both mentally and physically but unfortunately they only seemed to become more lightweight and gutless. I know he inherited an absolute shambles of a team cobbled together by Fenlon but he somehow managed to turn a well below par side (but who still were a miles away from relegation) into a team in complete free fall who also ended up throwing away a 2 goal cusion AT HOME to a 1st division side to go down. It really does defy belief.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Good luck Terry, you did your best and I wish you good luck

Good luck in the future I truly believe you were let down by the players and the club in general.

Let's not JUST blame Butcher for the catastrophic failure that was this season. He was obviously a terrible appointment and got ALOT wrong but I think the players have gotten off very lightly as most of the attention has been on Petrie and Butcher. Let's not forget what an absolutely pathetic, gutless bunch of bottlers we had as a team.

Petrie and Butcher are quite rightly getting a lot of stick but i'm sure many of the players are very relieved that they got to slink off into the background (or out the door for many) without nearly as much critism as they should have had.

Left by mutual consent!

Believe it or not he is the only manager I have wanted to be removed from his post. Even CC was getting my backing. Nae good luck from me.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis77 View Post
    I wish the man well but I never wanted him at the club in the first place. This is probably down to the fact I couldn't stand him as a player, an uncultured thug at the back if ever I saw one. Nevertheless, Good luck in the future Terry.

Not having that, TB was a superb centre back, a leader and an inspiration to those who played around him. Piss poor Hibs manager yes but I wish him the best.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    Let's not JUST blame alone Butcher for the catastrophic failure that was this season was. He was obviously a terrible appointment and got ALOT wrong but I think the players have gotten off very lightly as most of the attention has been on Petrie and Butcher. Let's not forget what an absolutely pathetic, gutless bunch of bottlers we had as a team.

Petrie and Butcher are quite rightly getting a lot of stick but i'm sure many of the players are very relieved that they got to slink off into the background (or out the door for many) without nearly as much critism as they should have had.
    Yeah, look how easy the sensational KT and McPake got off with their culpability. They spin their stuff and got fond farewells but Butcher gets smart comments like "thanks for getting us relegated". KT played garbage, better than the rest but garbage nevertheless. McPake has no right to spin it that he was fit for 10 weeks because he said he was fit before the Malmo game and 24 minutes in and that was him. This guy was hero but then became a liability.

Don't even get me started on Vine thinking he has the right to have a say whatsoever. Footballer he wasn't...

Butcher failed, he tried his best and should leave with our respects as at the end of the day, he has lost his job.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yeah, look how easy the sensational KT and McPake got off with their culpability. They spin their stuff and got fond farewells but Butcher gets smart comments like "thanks for getting us relegated". KT played garbage, better than the rest but garbage nevertheless. McPake has no right to spin it that he was fit for 10 weeks because he said he was fit before the Malmo game and 24 minutes in and that was him. This guy was hero but then became a liability.

Don't even get me started on Vine thinking he has the right to have a say whatsoever. Footballer he wasn't...

Butcher failed, he tried his best and should leave with our respects as at the end of the day, he has lost his job.
    Guff total guff. He relegated a team that shouldn't have been relegated. No danger should this guy be getting our best wishes!

Vine seems to be constantly making sly digs about the management on twitter and coming across as a bit of a classless, arrogant tit. God knows why, absolutely horrendous "footballer". One of the few things Butcher did right was show that useless clown the door.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by nribs View Post
    Guff total guff. He relegated a team that shouldn't have been relegated. No danger should this guy be getting our best wishes!
    Guff total guff? Why do you put a descriptive prefix before your comment...

He did relegate us. So did KT, Nelson, McGivern, Williams, Maybury, Harris, Stanton, OTJ, Stevenson, Hanlon, McPake, Collins, Heffernan, Cummings, Robertson, Craig...need I really go on?

I've seen people on here even giving Collins a "good luck, it's a shame it didn't work out" - you may or not be one but how can people honestly treat 1 guy with such contempt when there are so many culprits...

Left by mutual consent!
    Guff total guff? Why do you put a descriptive prefix before your comment...

He did relegate us. So did KT, Nelson, McGivern, Williams, Maybury, Harris, Stanton, OTJ, Stevenson, Hanlon, McPake, Collins, Heffernan, Cummings, Robertson, Craig...need I really go on?

I've seen people on here even giving Collins a "good luck, it's a shame it didn't work out" - you may or not be one but how can people honestly treat 1 guy with such contempt when there are so many culprits...
    Because your talking guff total guff! Wtf does Collins have to do with it? Did Collins get us relegated? There are many culprits and Butcher was the main one in my eyes. Not sure you can blame every player you mentioned there as players who got us relegated? I'm not sure where we were in the league before Hamlon got injured? Many fans would have KT in the team next season. McPake missed a good part of the season. Anyway I'm glad Butcher has been given the bullet.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Don't doubt that he will pick up another job somewhere else, but his record while in charge of Hibs was little short of an embarrassment.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Because your talking guff total guff! Wtf does Collins have to do with it? Did Collins get us relegated? There are many culprits and Butcher was the main one in my eyes. Not sure you can blame every player you mentioned there as players who got us relegated? I'm not sure where we were in the league before Hamlon got injured? Many fans would have KT in the team next season. McPake missed a good part of the season. Anyway I'm glad Butcher has been given the bullet.
    Yes, James Collins did get us relegated. If he had scored 20 goals we'd have been comfortable. I'd not have KT near the team. We have to let our "he's one of us" trash go - he was one of us, he left and it should have remained that way. We've had Riordan back - he was ****. We've had O'Connor back - he was ****. We've had Murray back - he was ****. We've had KT back - he was ****. They were good as youngsters, sensational even. They never are the same when they return. Each and every player is to blame. If you are essentially suggesting that Hanlon may not be to blame because of where we were positioned and the fact he was injured, then surely Butcher has a similar excuse? He never kicked a ball (essentially the same as a player being useless or injured) and couldn't influence games (injured player). Whatever you say, every member of staff is to blame for where we are. We, as fans, need to improve our act also - not heard so much booing at ER for years. We need to act with a bit of dignity as well - he failed, he has left and we should not be taking silly jibes at him.

We need to think to the future. Less journeymen, less players who leave us and we think it'd be a good idea to bring them back.

Shows you really - KT had so many teams lined up but decided to stay at Hibs last year - was Dundee his best offer this year? Probably...
    McPake is an NI internationalist (capped once I suppose), and yet again Dundee is his best (only) option. Tells you either, Dundee are offering decent wages or these players have no offers.

We are a shambles of a club and have been for years. Everyone is to blame, including us as fans - we've let the sackings appease us and I just hope this one doesn't...

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    It was summed up by Williams on the radio earlier TB methods didn't work simple as that! If your negative towards your staff your going to get the worst results.

Man management was poor and that's now being exposed by the people he worked with.

Was best to move on with different direction

But yeah all the best.
    Last edited by Lmc2105; 10-06-2014 at 10:24 PM.

All the best to Butcher.

I won't give him a second thought now he's away. Just pleased he's gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes, James Collins did get us relegated. If he had scored 20 goals we'd have been comfortable. I'd not have KT near the team. We have to let our "he's one of us" trash go - he was one of us, he left and it should have remained that way. We've had Riordan back - he was ****. We've had O'Connor back - he was ****. We've had Murray back - he was ****. We've had KT back - he was ****. They were good as youngsters, sensational even. They never are the same when they return. Each and every player is to blame. If you are essentially suggesting that Hanlon may not be to blame because of where we were positioned and the fact he was injured, then surely Butcher has a similar excuse? He never kicked a ball (essentially the same as a player being useless or injured) and couldn't influence games (injured player). Whatever you say, every member of staff is to blame for where we are. We, as fans, need to improve our act also - not heard so much booing at ER for years. We need to act with a bit of dignity as well - he failed, he has left and we should not be taking silly jibes at him.

We need to think to the future. Less journeymen, less players who leave us and we think it'd be a good idea to bring them back.

Shows you really - KT had so many teams lined up but decided to stay at Hibs last year - was Dundee his best offer this year? Probably...
    McPake is an NI internationalist (capped once I suppose), and yet again Dundee is his best (only) option. Tells you either, Dundee are offering decent wages or these players have no offers.

We are a shambles of a club and have been for years. Everyone is to blame, including us as fans - we've let the sackings appease us and I just hope this one doesn't...
    You coudn't make this stuff up.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Don't doubt that he will pick up another job somewhere else, but his record while in charge of Hibs was little short of an embarrassment.
    I do doubt he will pick up another job. He is not good enough, is cheeky chappy pr style won't take him a club further. He is finished.

I don't wish him any good luck, he took a mediocre squad and within the space of 2 months turned them into the worst team in the league, dinosaur manager who should be kept as far away from football as possible.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    You coudn't make this stuff up.
    No need. It's called reality.

Club has been disaster for years upon years and yet again, from your response to me wishing a man "all the best" on being sacked, you are, probably, like the last 8+ times, seemingly appeased by a manager being sacked. This is precisely why PetrieOut has only started now - Petrie gets a good sack in and all fans enjoy a good "get tae **** you useless piece of ****. Well done Rodders!" type rubbish.

Shocking, truly is. Near the end of the season it became KT vs Butcher. It should have been about Hibs. We're struggling in a decisive match and fans gave KT a rapturous reception, for what? To get across the point that KT should have been playing every game? - guess the new manager will love this. What about the precarious position we found ourselves in? Was that a peripheral concern? I'm sadly getting the opinion that many fans can't think very sensibly. I supported KT upon his return but treated him like any other player. Not a hero - which on his performances this season, he certainly wasn't. And even due to this failing, he and McPake leave with my best wishes. However, so does the failing manager...

This man-love for the players must end.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    No need at all . Looking back at a lot of your posts you have some of the most horiffic double standards on this forum . You spout a load of venom at certain people like the killed your first born .......... brings the site down imo . Each to there own ofc. Stuff you have said about petrie recently if you go back less than a year you were defending him lol . It's not the change of opinion that annoys me we're all capable of that it's the unnecessary personal attacks that pisses me off just no need .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    All the best terry. A likeable guy which sadly doesn't count for anything in football management.

He would have got my thanks and respect if he had man'd up and walked after the play off defeat.

It would have been the correct and dignified thing to do in the situation.

Good luck to him but I can't help thinking his brand of bluster is badly outdated.