hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar

Pat Stanton to attend rally

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/fo...11363908684002

Good works here from a true Hibs legend and someone who genuinely has the best interests of the club at heart.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    "A big mistake the people who run Hibs have made is to look on them (fans) purely as customers. They are not customers. A customer can go elsewhere. Fans can't as they are here for life."

Last edited by Golden Bear; 05-06-2014 at 04:00 PM.

God has spoken

Well said Pat once again

good stuff sir stanton

im sure it wont be long until someone comes along and says its embarrasing for the club to have him there , or he's just in it for the publicity - sell a few pints or whatever

The Protesters really need to have their voices heard by Dempster and anyone else present at the meeting. As there seems to be no formal agenda, could I suggest a repertoire of Hibs songs old and new might be in order?

Unless of course some enterprising attendee has already made up some suitable songs for Petrie...

Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Good works here from a true Hibs legend and someone who genuinely has the best interests of the club at heart.
    Fantastic news & really looking forward to being part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    The Protesters really need to have their voices heard by Dempster and anyone else present at the meeting. As there seems to be no formal agenda, could I suggest a repertoire of Hibs songs old and new might be in order?

Unless of course some enterprising attendee has already made up some suitable songs for Petrie...

Anything resembling the songs that were sung the last time there was a protest really will be embarrassing.

"Go home ya Hun" says more about the person singing it than Butcher and goes against everything this club now stands for. I really hope there is structure to this and things are kept civil as people can make their point without the nastiness.

Surprised at that to be honest, he has a lot to lose e.g. hospitality at games etc... so he must feel it's a worthy cause.

Good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo Fring View Post
    good stuff sir stanton

im sure it wont be long until someone comes along and says its embarrasing for the club to have him there , or he's just in it for the publicity - sell a few pints or whatever
    This

@hibs.net private member
    Nice one Paddy

Hope this encourages even more along

GGTTH
    Petrie Out

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    This is a HUGE step in the right direction.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    Surprised at that to be honest, he has a lot to lose e.g. hospitality at games etc... so he must feel it's a worthy cause.

Good on him.

The Quiet Man will have more inside knowledge than anyone else on the ER shenanigans both on and off the park, so I agree, his involvement has added much needed crediblity to Saturday's protest.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Pat Stanton would imho make a fantastic chairman . Loves the club and is held in the highest regard by us supporters .
    Petrie out , Stanton in ! At the very least Pat should be involved in some capacity at the club ( not just the corporate side )

Ggtth

@hibs.net private member

Talking

I'm delighted, the man is a true gentleman, it's funny how when the protests started, you had the usual I don't support petrie but im not going to protest brigade saying, this and that, with Pat there we are now mainstream, and have to be taken serious, rod ****ing petrie is not the only person capable of acting as conduit between the club and its absent owner, his time is over, he has to go for the benefit of the club

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Pat Stanton would imho make a fantastic chairman . Loves the club and is held in the highest regard by us supporters .
    Petrie out , Stanton in ! At the very least Pat should be involved in some capacity at the club ( not just the corporate side )

Ggtth
    Chairman? the way things are going , I'd stick him in the midfield next season!

Wish I'd seen him play live. Legend doesn't do him justice, Hibs greatest of all time

First Team Breakthrough
    God bless pat Stanton

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    "A big mistake the people who run Hibs have made is to look on them (fans) purely as customers. They are not customers. A customer can go elsewhere. Fans can't as they are here for life."

Err I reckon he has that a bit muddled If we were fickle customers and treated as such by the club, we'd go elsewhere and the club would be pissed. Because we're fans and going nowhere, the club treat us as such, and don't really worry about us upping sticks, because we pretty much won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post

Good on him.
    He is a man of principle and has the best interests of the club at heart Will be interested to hear what he has to say If Pat thinks Petrie should move on people who were still undecided should come along to hear what a real Hibs legend thinks

Left by mutual consent!

well played Pat

I hope he disnae get too embarrassing though.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 05-06-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    Err I reckon he has that a bit muddled If we were fickle customers and treated as such by the club, we'd go elsewhere and the club would be pissed. Because we're fans and going nowhere, the club treat us as such, and don't really worry about us upping sticks, because we pretty much won't.
    theres plenty of hibs 'customers' i know that stopped going in the last 2 or 3 years

pretty much down to the die-hard hibbys at the moment and even some of them are being pushed to the limit

theres plenty of hibs 'customers' i know that stopped going in the last 2 or 3 years

pretty much down to the die-hard hibbys at the moment and even some of them are being pushed to the limit
    So the ones that don't go as often as they used to are not die hard hibbies then?

good stuff sir stanton

im sure it wont be long until someone comes along and says its embarrassing for the club to have him there , or he's just in it for the publicity - sell a few pints or whatever
    If anyone dare to say anything like that they deserve their heads knocked together!

Pat Stanton really epitomises every thing good about Hibs to think he would behave in such away makes me so angry!

the man lives and breathes Hibs and knows more about football thank Rod Petrie ever will!

When he speaks you know you are getting the truth and its from the heart too.

For those of you going to the rally please dont let your anger and emotions control you. Be dignified and dont let the club down.

You obviously feel strongly about what you are doing and you have a right to protest and want change but please dont let it get out of hand!

Listen to what GOD says and appreciate the man!

First Team Breakthrough borstalboy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BigJ_86
    His comments read very well. I especially like his comment about Paul Kane, as whatever you think about the man, he has Hibs best interests at heart!!

"Someone had to stand up. Paul has done it and he is doing a great job. He has never wavered in his support and passion for Hibs as a player and a fan."

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by borstalboy View Post
    His comments read very well. I especially like his comment about Paul Kane, as whatever you think about the man, he has Hibs best interests at heart!!

"Someone had to stand up. Paul has done it and he is doing a great job. He has never wavered in his support and passion for Hibs as a player and a fan."

Cannae be right, I read on here Kano was doing it tae big note himself and make money for his pub.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 05-06-2014 at 07:18 PM.

First Team Breakthrough borstalboy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BigJ_86
    Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa View Post
    Cannae be right, I read on here he was doing it tae big note himself and make money for his pub.
    Oh aye, what was I thinking.....he's obviously in it for that to

GOD BLESS PADDY STANTON

How many Ex Players will it take before the fans sit up and take notice Paddy Isn't the first.

Pat Stanton
    Paul Kane.
    Micky Weir
    Peter Cormack
    Jackie Macnamara
    John Brownlee

And various others all in the tabloids complaining about the way the club has been run do you honestly think these legends haven't heard negative feedback out of ER FFS wake up and smell the coffee It's time for Petrie to go

PETRIE OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    God has spoken
    Don't let Franck Sauzée hear you calling him that!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    Wish I'd seen him play live. Legend doesn't do him justice, Hibs greatest of all time
    Having never known a Hibs team without Pat Stanton in it, it was pretty well the darkest day of my football life when he went to Celtic. Glad for him that he won some silverware there, though.