hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar

Change of venue for protest

Sounds like the protest having been denied use of Easter Rd may now move to either Leith Links or Meadowbank stadium.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like the protest having been denied use of Easter Rd may now move to either Leith Links or Meadowbank stadium.
    That will work well then, just gotta hope Rod or STF are out for a constitutional in the Links at that time

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Be much much more of an impact if there are thousands blocking roads around the stadium.

So forced into a change of venue for a meeting headed by an ex-Hibee who won't let us know what the future plans are for his group and will not meet with Leann Dempster. Aye, this will end well lol........

Sit down Paul and be quiet - Leeann Dempster will have the intellect to tie you knots.......

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Be much much more of an impact if there are thousands blocking roads around the stadium.
    I agree, protesting outside the stadium as originally planned would be better for numbers considering all the media coverage it's had, if the club don't want us around the stadium that's tough, Albion Road is a public street.

Testimonial Due
    I won't be standing around at Leith Links or Meadowbank. They'd better think carefully as will have an impact on numbers attending. This gathering is to coincide with the meeting taking place and to get the message across that fans are not happy. Easter Road is the place for this.

If there are background noises about issues with police, health and safety etc then why does the "protest" group not hold it at a soft play area with cucumber sandwiches and fizzy pop available for all.

Grow some

Paul Kane, today's Scotsman:

“Having not been allowed into Easter Road, we’re now having to look at an alternative venue. But wherever it is, it is about shaping the future of the club. If we get it right now, our voice will be heard forever more. If we get it wrong, then I think the supporters will be diluted probably even worse than we are just now. I’m sure the change of venue won’t put the Hibs fans off, wherever it is to be. It will only be another five minutes away and if the numbers turn up then I’m sure it will still have the same impact.

and where did you hear that ?

Paul Kane article this mornings Scotsman.

Hibs have cited a lack of clarity on numbers and the protestors plans, ongoing pitch and stadium maintenance work, and health and safety issues as their reasons for rejecting a request to open up the 6,000-capacity East Stand at the stadium on Saturday morning. The “Petrie Out” group were last night investigating taking their get-together to either Meadowbank Stadium or Leith Links, with an announcement due as soon as possible.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo Fring View Post
    and where did you hear that ?
    Lol

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

RP and STF won't be there anyway so does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    I won't be standing around at Leith Links or Meadowbank. They'd better think carefully as will have an impact on numbers attending. This gathering is to coincide with the meeting taking place and to get the message across that fans are not happy. Easter Road is the place for this.

If there are background noises about issues with police, health and safety etc then why does the "protest" group not hold it at a soft play area with cucumber sandwiches and fizzy pop available for all.

Grow some
    Thought the purpose of the protest was act as a backdrop to the meeting with LD - which made sense. The 4 would have a show of strength outside which is much more difficult for LD to dismiss or ignore ? Also thought it was an opportunity for LD to address the Hibs fans personally (if there was a pa system).

Having it anywhere other than ER is daft.

Left by mutual consent!
    Aye..... we shall not be moved. Hey there might be a song in there somewhere. Not by the stewards, the cops or Rod Petrie....we shall not be moved.
    Last edited by southsider; 04-06-2014 at 07:19 AM. Reason: additional words

Postpone it tell next weekend and we can make it part of the Leith festival. Proper family fun.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    RP and STF won't be there anyway so does it matter?
    I think it does and would have to agree with others that it would be daft having it anywhere else.

@hibs.net private member
    Clearly it would be a mistake to have anywhere other than outside the ground. If club won't allow use of car park then there can be no protest. It appears the organisers are not used to be ing involved in theses events. They should have applied to the council to have a march and rally from the west end of Waterloo place down Easter road and held a rally outside the ground in the streets, that way the police and residents would have prior notice and got the street closed off. Moving it will reduce the numbers

didnt realise outside the main stand in the car park is classed as inside ER?

M I C K E Y. mouse

Left by mutual consent!
    Did not really have time to do this. We just turn up in such large numbers, make a lot of noise but protest peacefully then there is nothing the cops can do. United we stand.

If it has to be moved then it will fail. It has to be at the stadium.
    Asking for permission is what is wrong with this club, we're too polite. Get down to Easter Road.
    And Paul Kane & co better start to lift their game and start articulating their plans or this will be still born over the summer.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I will be going to er on Saturday morning, anywhere else would be pointless. Albion road is a public street and they can't stop us protesting there.

First Team Regular
    its gotta be at easter road! can't be anywhere else.

has to be Easter Road, nobody bar a handful will turn up at any other location. reading some of the comments over last few days it's clear some people want this to fall flat, this would ensure it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    So forced into a change of venue for a meeting headed by an ex-Hibee who won't let us know what the future plans are for his group and will not meet with Leann Dempster. Aye, this will end well lol........

Sit down Paul and be quiet - Leeann Dempster will have the intellect to tie you knots.......
    'headed by an ex-Hibee' - Far better an 'ex' as against someone not interested in football as a player or a supporter.

'won't let us know what the future plans are' - We don't even know the details of the infamous '5 year plan', let alone the 'Massive Changes' currently promised.

'will not meet with Leann Dempster' - Didn't say say that, plus it's not just Kane, there's 3 others who can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I will be going to er on Saturday morning, anywhere else would be pointless. Albion road is a public street and they can't stop us protesting there.

Actually, they can. Depending on how awkward their mood, there are actually a number of laws they could use, e.g. blocking a public thoroughfare, anti-terrorism act (I know, but they've done it before ;) )

I iniatially(sp) thought the idea of a protest of soem sorts was a good idea but it seems to be getting turned into a mistake imo.Now as far as i understand the fans wanted to protest against rp and get him out, make us, the fans feelings known,
    Now forgive me for being a lil niave/stupid but would RP /other board members NOT be anywhere near east road on saturday?

IMO i know this may be an unpopular view but the thing i have said on a few threads is the only thing i feel rp is intrested in is money.Now if x amount of st's are bought then he s happy(i dunno what x(a good number of st's in rp's mind/the boards mind)is) but if we, the fans continue to buy st's then i feel protests/chants/we want you out would be a waste of time.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Actually, they can. Depending on how awkward their mood, there are actually a number of laws they could use, e.g. blocking a public thoroughfare, anti-terrorism act (I know, but they've done it before ;) )
    It's highly unlikely they would stop us. As long as the people organising it have permission from the police then it shouldn't be a problem.

My worry is that only a few hundred turn up due to the venue change and it will turn out to be a damp squib which will make RP's day, maybe it would be better to have another meeting with the different fans groups and agree a venue that is realistic as it seems a bit late to announce a different venue with only a couple of days to go. This needs to be thought through carefully as it has all the hallmarks of being made up on the back of a fag packet.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    They can't move us, we will go to the stadium and that's just the way it's going to be. If they don't like it then boo bloody hoo.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    How can this take place anywhere other than outside the stadium?