hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: StevenHibs

(rumour) Butcher will be sacked

On Friday after meeting with Leanne. Not revealing source. As I'm not 100%.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    So your source has found out on Monday that TB will be sacked on Friday, why the long wait?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On Friday after meeting with Leanne. Not revealing source. As I'm not 100%.
    Why wait until Friday? If he was to be sacked do it now time isn't really on our side.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    No chance IMO.

Was Terry Butcher mentioned in the statement today? I thought it weird he wasn't...

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    No chance IMO.
    Agree, can't see it ...

hes had a horrid start to his hibs career but i really cant see what good it will do sacking him. We all said he need time to turn the club (not just squad) around and to do that he need time and this summer to get a team of players he has confidence in and playing his style. Also a team that respect him and will run through a brick wall for him. Also all they need to do is look at the players they have found before for caley to see he does know how to assemble a winning team

Who would we get to replace him? ian murray? not for me, he is only 33 and is far to big a jump, one which i dont think he would take as he knows the massive pressure he will be under. There not 1 manager out there that i beleive we could realistcally sign that would make us better

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    If he hadn't been allowed to release all those players last week I would find it much easier to believe any rumours about him being sacked, as things stand I find it impossible to believe that he would be allowed to make that call then be sacked.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd be shocked but not surprised. Petrie might use it to try stop folk going to the rally.

it'll not stop me going tho.

petrie out.

I think that if he was going to be sacked he would of went by now!!!

You never know tho it is Hibs after all

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Was Terry Butcher mentioned in the statement today? I thought it weird he wasn't...
    I agree.

There has been absolutely no mention of Butcher in any of the club statements post relegation. Additionaly, aside from his immediate post match interview, there has been nothing at all from Butcher himself. Appreciate he may just be away on his hols but I still thought his predeliction for media relations would have seen him feature in some way. Strange.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by puff the dragon View Post
    I'd be shocked but not surprised. Petrie might use it to try stop folk going to the rally.

it'll not stop me going tho.

petrie out.
    Even if TB does go the real problem will remain, he'll just have seen out another one of his **** ups. See you there.

petrie GTF

If TB is sacked the compo will cripple us financially. We will be left with next to nothing to put together a squad for next season.

The upside is that we will be able to harp on constantly about our 'young colts' when Alloa beat us, and fill the media with lamentations about how well our kids are standing up to the challenge (if they do).

Only any good if:

1.It costs us nothing or next to nothing - maybe Malpas is guilty of Gross Misconduct

2. We've got a replacement manager lined up, immediately.

3. Replacement manager knows what's required from a playing staff perspective.

Likelihood of this happening are therefore very slim, but not impossible.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    TB needs a chance to bring in his players and see what he does with his team. Hibs need to keep a manager at least 2 seasons. The club needs stability at this time. If there was a very wealthy benefactor who was going to gift our club millions of pounds then perhaps a change might succeed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    So your source has found out on Monday that TB will be sacked on Friday, why the long wait?
    That's the soonest that she can meet with Butcher to discuss future plans/proposals. He's on hols. This will help with stopping the protest!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    That's the soonest that she can meet with Butcher to discuss future plans/proposals. He's on hols. This will help with stopping the protest!

Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    TB needs a chance to bring in his players and see what he does with his team. Hibs need to keep a manager at least 2 seasons. The club needs stability at this time. If there was a very wealthy benefactor who was going to gift our club millions of pounds then perhaps a change might succeed.
    Butcher had a chance to bring in players in January. He's been an unmitigated disaster and should already have been sacked. If getting hibs relegated from the position we were in when he took over isn't a stackable offence I'd love to know what is.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puff the dragon View Post
    When's the next AGM again? The latest patsy to appease the masses (although admittedly if he does go, he will arguably have contributed to his own demise more than other recent managers have). Just a rumour though....so we'll have to wait and see.

I hope he goes. But surely this would only indicate further crazy mismanagement, if the wrong man has been allowed to shape the squad through releasing players who might have otherwise stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post
    If TB is sacked the compo will cripple us financially. We will be left with next to nothing to put together a squad for next season.

The upside is that we will be able to harp on constantly about our 'young colts' when Alloa beat us, and fill the media with lamentations about how well our kids are standing up to the challenge (if they do).
    Oh FFS, almost all the jibes at Hibs that I've read so frequently on JKB over the years rolled into one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    When's the next AGM again? The latest patsy to appease the masses (although admittedly if he does go, he will arguably have contributed to his own demise more than other recent managers have). Just a rumour though....so we'll have to wait and see.
    Yeah just a rumour! Will be interesting to see how it unfolds

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Butcher had a chance to bring in players in January. He's been an unmitigated disaster and should already have been sacked. If getting hibs relegated from the position we were in when he took over isn't a stackable offence I'd love to know what is.
    When have hibs or anybody else in our market made a great signing in January? You're looking at players with potential at bit clubs or players who've not set the heather alight at lower clubs. I can only remember us signing one decent player in January in recent years - sparky. And even he didn't settle immediately.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Not quite the players he wanted. The Jan TW is not an easy window to bring in quality players. In any case we can not afford to sack him. If we could sack him we will find it V difficult to bring in a quality manager.

Left by mutual consent!
    TB is going nowhere IMO. And I'm glad.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Fair enough.
    In my opinion. Someone needs to take the bullet over relegation. 1 win in 19 games (2 in 21) is a sackable offence IMO. It's a way to get the fans onside with Leanne. And onside in general

This will help with stopping the protest!
    Is LD gonna sack RP too?????? the only way the protest is going to stop is if RP goes,,,,,
    victor

If he hadn't been allowed to release all those players last week I would find it much easier to believe any rumours about him being sacked, as things stand I find it impossible to believe that he would be allowed to make that call then be sacked.
    he released no one.He only said bye to players whos contracts had ended.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Petrie's scapegoat out, Petrie's scapegoat in.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    When have hibs or anybody else in our market made a great signing in January? You're looking at players with potential at bit clubs or players who've not set the heather alight at lower clubs. I can only remember us signing one decent player in January in recent years - sparky. And even he didn't settle immediately.
    He didn't need to sign great players in January all he needed to do was sign a couple of players good enough to keep us away from the relegation battle that we weren't even involved in in January.