hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Will season ticket prices be dropped (even slightly ~£50)?

Honest question here, do people know or think that ST prices will be dropped slightly to encourage more fans but still ensure competitiveness?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honest question here, do people know or think that ST prices will be dropped slightly to encourage more fans but still ensure competitiveness?
    No chance IMO. People have already renewed at full price, so they would be due a refund if they did. Same prices I reckon.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    It would a nice gesture if they dropped the ST prices.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

First Team Breakthrough Yuillsy's Avatar
    My cousin went to buy 2 season tickets last week. He was told to come back next week as they were deciding what to do regards pricing because of relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    No chance IMO. People have already renewed at full price, so they would be due a refund if they did. Same prices I reckon.
    This imo, I think hibs from hibs point of view they may say we still get games against "2 cat a opponents"

plus im unsure if they d want the hassle of refunding people(im unsure how hard that would be though?)

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuillsy View Post
    My cousin went to buy 2 season tickets last week. He was told to come back next week as they were deciding what to do regards pricing because of relegation.
    :::
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Yuillsy View Post
    The silence from the club is deafening. We need clarity asap

It makes no sense to buy a season ticket for next season based on pricing alone. It's probably only going to be £16 each for the Category B games.

I expect they'll be waiting until Dempster got in the door so she can make the decision as it will affect budgets etc.

In addition to a season ticket price reduction id like to see more incentives and deals put in place. Free or very cheap kids tickets would be a good place to start.

First Team Breakthrough Yuillsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    Absolutely, it was last Tuesday when he went in. It may be that nothing will happen but perhaps pricing will be 1 of the 1st things Leeann Dempster will decide on?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Its just that I'd prefer to get ST to save hassle of buying and printing etc. However if price doesn't drop even in the slightest I'd have to seriously consider not going to as many games. Whilst I think the league will be more interesting, without players being brought in how can they expect so many to pay these prices?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    The bottom line is they will have to change the price as there is no way anyone will now buy one based on the League we are now in.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    The bottom line is they will have to change the price as there is no way anyone will now buy one based on the League we are now in.
    Spot on. Back in 1998 prices weren't reduced but know way rod will get away with that know.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    spoke to a mate of mine who is an alloa fan and their season ticket is £180 if bought early then it goes up to £205 so ours is £200 dearer, so what do the club do as its £16 entrance fee for the championship x 18 games ( okay the rangers and hearts might be dearer) , so they aint going to sell anymore at our top price.

As season tickets have already been sold reducing the price isn't a good idea. What about offering more for the same price... Like a new home top to anyone who has renewed already or does by a certain date?

Why?
    This is how it feels

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bob12345 View Post
    As season tickets have already been sold reducing the price isn't a good idea. What about offering more for the same price... Like a new home top to anyone who has renewed already or does by a certain date?
    I'd be happier with that. That as well as major discount for any games not covered by ST.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    spoke to a mate of mine who is an alloa fan and their season ticket is £180 if bought early then it goes up to £205 so ours is £200 dearer, so what do the club do as its £16 entrance fee for the championship x 18 games ( okay the rangers and hearts might be dearer) , so they aint going to sell anymore at our top price.
    Dumbarton will charge £18 normally and games against Us, Hearts and Rangers next season will be £20.

Given that i would probably pitch our ticket prices at £20 for cat B and £25 for Cat A games meaning a total cost of £380 for the 18 games next season so a season ticket cost of around £350 would be reasonable.

Those that have already renewed at the full price could be given a free cup-top up or clubshop vouchers for the difference.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Any refund due to reduction offered to me will be donated to a football related charity.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Any refund due to reduction offered to me will be donated to a football related charity.
    I will spend mine in the pub. Could you do me a favour and donate yours to a liver disease charity, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Why?
    Self explanatory, uncertainty helps nobody and the sooner it is dealt with the sooner we can look towards challenging next season. And obviously this goes wider than just the price of a season ticket.

Self explanatory, uncertainty helps nobody and the sooner it is dealt with the sooner we can look towards challenging next season. And obviously this goes wider than just the price of a season ticket.
    In today's world it seems everything has to be made known asap/right away/immediately. If Hibs announce the season ticket prices tomorrow, will it result in queues at the ticket office. Nope.

Not having a go at you Fraz, just at the world we now seem to live in. I mean LD has been in post for a whole day now and not one change has been announced!
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    In today's world it seems everything has to be made known asap/right away/immediately. If Hibs announce the season ticket prices tomorrow, will it result in queues at the ticket office. Nope.

Not having a go at you Fraz, just at the world we now seem to live in. I mean LD has been in post for a whole day now and not one change has been announced!
    I have thought am I being impatient or is it reasonable to expect things to be happening more quickly. I went with the second one.

Probably the biggest thing that needs absolutely cleared up is the managers position. But like you say, she's been here a day :

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HOUSEkid
    From an EEN article:

Livingston are offering tickets at just £10 to help entice more home fans to Almondvale next season. Adult season tickets cost just £180 for 18 home games, with concession prices at £90 and kids’ prices at £54. “You won’t get a cheaper season ticket at this level than ours,” says McGlynn.

@hibs.net private member
    Just another of example of Hibs/RP taking The fans for granted.

Although I agree with a price reduction in season tickets because of what league we're in now, it doesn't really help me, I've already started renewing, using the payment plan. I suppose they could change the amount on the direct debit mind you, dunno. IMO if they do keep the same prices they should give season ticket holders free entry to cup games and do away with the top up for a season until we get promoted, but if Petrie's still here there's absolutely no chance of that happening.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Just another of example of Hibs/RP taking The fans for granted.
    Well somebody has tae pay for his **** up, it certainly winnae be him. From now on it winnae be me either.

Its just that I'd prefer to get ST to save hassle of buying and printing etc. However if price doesn't drop even in the slightest I'd have to seriously consider not going to as many games. Whilst I think the league will be more interesting, without players being brought in how can they expect so many to pay these prices?
    If people don't buy there will be decent player brought in. Waiting to see who comes in and the quality before buying will mean a poor team and crowds unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Although I agree with a price reduction in season tickets because of what league we're in now, it doesn't really help me, I've already started renewing, using the payment plan. I suppose they could change the amount on the direct debit mind you, dunno. IMO if they do keep the same prices they should give season ticket holders free entry to cup games and do away with the top up for a season until we get promoted, but if Petrie's still here there's absolutely no chance of that happening.
    They can't change the direct debit as this is you paying back the finance company for the money they have already given Hibs. If prices were reduced Hibs would need to refund season ticket holders direct IMO.

I think that Season Ticket prices should be increased. Oh and PATG prices as well.

Almost every time we've had a decent crowd turn up in the last few years, the team has totally mucked it up. This leads me to believe that we'll get on much better with much lower attendances. We can help achieve this by actively discouraging fans from going to matches, with prices being the first salvo.

I would then have campaigns from Hibs trying to convince people NOT to attend matches. Something like the recent PR blurb in reverse. We could have slogans on the official website before big matches like these:

"Hibs v The Rangers, to be avoided at all costs!"

"We're not really all in this together, you bunch of losers"

"Want to see some REAL football? Go watch Spartans this weekend"

and the ultimate...

"Maurice Malpas welcomes you to Easter Road"