hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: First post

First post

I love this football club .Purely by chance i have spoken to both Paul Kane and Mike Reily over the course of this weekend neither are good friends of mine ,they want what we all want ,all we have to do is turn up next saturday.if you dont want change ,dont bother and ps tell your mate!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Long time deid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love this football club .Purely by chance i have spoken to both Paul Kane and Mike Reily over the course of this weekend neither are good friends of mine ,they want what we all want ,all we have to do is turn up next saturday.if you dont want change ,dont bother and ps tell your mate!
    Given your username should it not be the last post

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    My first post was a question about the last hibby to represent Scotland at a finals.

Can anybody else remember their very first post?

"If you dont want change dont bother?"

I wont be there on Saturday, as i am visiting family in London, so by me not being able to attend this rally against Petrie, im being tagged as not wanting change?

i love my club too & i want something good to come out of all this but i still wont be there!

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aww man more of it!

Another First Post

Hello Fellow Hibby's.

i have been an avid reader of hibs.net for many years now and have tried to sign up a few times without success but today managed to do and thank you Admins !!

It kept me in touch with what was going on at Hibs and thank you one and all !!

I want to be able to post comments and not be accused or attacked as yam infiltrator hence a little introduction on me. Seen quite a few posts accusing people of being Hearts fans and i am not one of them!!

I am Richard, born and raised in Leith Walk and still have a flat there today. I went to my first Hibs match to see Gordon Smith play for Dundee. My dad's favourite player of all time was Gordon Smith and his stories about him and the famous five got me hooked on Hibs at a very young age.

I have had more lift overs at Easter Road as kid than i have had scotch pies and i do love a good pie.

Was brought up watching Turnbull's Tornados and could not believe we lost 1-6 to Celtic and was there along with the 2-1 league cup win and many other memorable matches over the last near fifty years including 7-0 at Tynecastle.

Will look forward to engaging you all and like you want to make a difference to Hibs !!

Quote Originally Posted by Global Hibby View Post
    Hello Fellow Hibby's.

i have been an avid reader of hibs.net for many years now and have tried to sign up a few times without success but today managed to do and thank you Admins !!

I want to be able to post comments and not be accused or attacked as yam infiltrator hence a little introduction on me. Seen quite a few posts accusing people of being Hearts fans and i am not one of them!!

I am Richard, born and raised in Leith Walk and still have a flat there today. I went to my first Hibs match to see Gordon Smith play for Dundee. My dad's favourite player of all time was Gordon Smith and his stories about him and the famous five got me hooked on Hibs at a very young age.

I have had more lift overs at Easter Road as kid than i have had scotch pies and i do love a good pie.

Was brought up watching Turnbull's Tornados and could not believe we lost 1-6 to Celtic and was there along with the 2-1 league cup win and many other memorable matches over the last near fifty years including 7-0 at Tynecastle.

Will look forward to engaging you all and like you want to make a difference to Hibs !!
    Welcome aboard the board
    This is how it feels

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Welcome
    Thanks johnnyboy and madhatter

and maybe we even know each other as its a small world out there

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Welcome!

Hello Fellow Hibby's.

Ok, I'll go then - LTYF !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crewetollhibee View Post
    Ok, I'll go then - LTYF !!!!
    Hey crewtollhibee

what does LTYF mean ?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Hey crewtollhibee

what does LTYF mean ?
    Eject the Hearts fellow aka Launch The Yam Fud (which might not have made it clearer ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    See,here is what gets me. Now I am not for one nanosecond accusing anyone of being a yam fud, but if someone has been an abid reader of.net for years then surely they would know what LTYF means? Hardly a week goes by withnout someone asking, and a reply given . Just a random thought.

I want change but won't be there because my son has sports activities.

Sorry about that but I hope it goes well if enough people turn up.

Hello Fellow Hibby's.

Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    See,here is what gets me. Now I am not for one nanosecond accusing anyone of being a yam fud, but if someone has been an abid reader of.net for years then surely they would know what LTYF means? Hardly a week goes by withnout someone asking, and a reply given . Just a random thought.
    Skeptical ?

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    My first post was a question about the last hibby to represent Scotland at a finals.

Before the site upgrade in 2002, I had a few thousand posts under the name HibeeSpy on the old site. I lost them all when the site was upgraded. PETRIE! But to answer your question, I don`t remember my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    "If you dont want change dont bother?"

I wont be there on Saturday, as i am visiting family in London, so by me not being able to attend this rally against Petrie, im being tagged as not wanting change?

i love my club too & i want something good to come out of all this but i still wont be there!
    Maybe a live link from London Hibs at Quinns to ER, after the desert menues and cheeseboard of course

Hello Fellow Hibby's.

Welcome!

-----------------------

We will now require your Season Ticket registration numbers, which will then be checked by Mikey. If they are false, or are even fairly new, you will then be the subject of the following response to every post until you reach post 1,000.......

LTYF

Thanks johnnyboy and madhatter

and maybe we even know each other as its a small world out there
    Possibly. PM me your name and I'll let you know
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Possibly. PM me your name and I'll let you know

Surely you need his DOB, name, address, bank account number, sort code, card number, PIN number, 3 digit security code and NI number to be absolutely sure JB

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Surely you need his DOB, name, address, bank account number, sort code, card number, PIN number, 3 digit security code and NI number to be absolutely sure JB
    Nah, just his season ticket details

Edit: Pleased with the Lambert signing? Lad's been around the leagues a bit and is living proof that players can improve with age
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Given your username should it not be the last post
    Thanks Scuttle! If you actually thought about my user name you might find its quite apt .This football club has been a long time deid and i for one am totally sick of it .Change required.Many thanks

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Nah, just his season ticket details

Edit: Pleased with the Lambert signing? Lad's been around the leagues a bit and is living proof that players can improve with age
    A bit of a strange one, not the way I though Rodgers would go due to his age and style of play. Always nice to see a hometown lad getting his chance with the club he supported so I'll cut him some slack, who says there's no room for sentiment.

A bit of a strange one, not the way I though Rodgers would go due to his age and style of play. Always nice to see a hometown lad getting his chance with the club he supported so I'll cut him some slack, who says there's no room for sentiment.
    I agree it's an odd choice given the style of play. He'd be better used at ER for the hoofball
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

I'd rather not

Thanks Scuttle! If you actually thought about my user name you might find its quite apt .This football club has been a long time deid and i for one am totally sick of it .Change required.Many thanks
    Only tongue in cheek mate ,agree with you though weve been deid on the pitch for years and change is indeed needed

Quote Originally Posted by MG1965 View Post
    indeed
    About time you were on here Matey

Thumbs Up

no indeed (that was my first post)

Mother's maiden name usually helps as well