hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the Hibs.net Admin Team's stance re the removal of Rod Petrie?

Voters
438. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I agree that Rod Petrie should not be on the board

372 84.93%
  • No, I think that Rod Petrie should remain on the board

66 15.07%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Do you agree with the Hibs.net Admin Team's stance re the removal of Rod Petrie?

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE OF THIS POST BEFORE VOTING

It's a simple question with a simple Yes or No answer.

If you want to go over them again you can read the statements issued by Hibs.net over the last few days here....

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...-Board-members

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...club-statement

Please take a moment to vote. It's a quick process and it's anonymous.

The more votes that are cast the easier it will be to guage the feeling within the support.

Thank you,
    The Hibs.net Admin Team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Voted yes he must go, his only get out clause is to back the management financially and unequivocally to get the players in who will get us back in the SPFL in 1 go!

He is unlikely to do this so he should go now!

The management should also make in completely clear to the supporters that they have not been dealing with 1 or 2 hands tied behind their backs!

Time has come for clear transparency at Easter Road, this starts from the top!
    Last edited by davcar; 30-05-2014 at 08:45 PM.

100%
    This is how it feels

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    I'd like to here from Rod on why he feels it's so important he stays on board or why it would be wrong to step down as he says. Other than that, he's been a complete failure from as far back as I can remember and I can imagine him looking back over his tenure believing securing £4 million for brown was his major sucess. Short answer, yes.

Yes.

Just go... We should padlock all the gates at Easter Road to stop him from entering!

@hibs.net private member
    Yes. 100% with you.

100%

First Team Breakthrough
    agree 100% but can't vote on my phone.

@hibs.net private member
    I think it's crazy that anyone thinks any more funds would be available for whatever manager we end up with when Leanne starts in her role.
    It's pretty obvious and generally well known that STF has stated that the club has to be self financing and not run up any more debt.
    Where does everyone think all the extra money for marquee signings is supposed to come from?
    STF isn't going to hand it over.
    I've not heard of read about any rich supporters prepared to hand money over.
    The club has in effect been for sale for a long time, but nobody with the funds needed to buy it and take on the debt has come forward.
    The solution to get rid of STF and Rod is simple.
    Someone buy them out.
    Otherwise I honestly can't see any of them going anywhere.

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    I'd also like to see what his targets are. Is the real problem from STF. If he really is going to have to go are we going to hear the man defend himself? Prob doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Yes!

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Time to go rod.

Yes but That's the easy bit .The hard part is how that can be achieved and unless that first demonstration is well attended and organised properly it will let Petrie think he can ride the storm out To add some balance my Son thinks Butcher is the one that needs to go as long as Petrie moves up stairs and gives Lee Ann control of key footballing decisions ,transfer negotiations and day to day running of club including being media spokesperson And person who meets fans in meetings etc .
    So this issue isn't as straight forward a s some of us would like it to be .

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Yes 100%.

Promising Youngster
    Yes

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Absolutely.

In any other business, where results had been as poor as we've seen over the last four or five years at Hibs, the people at the top would have either been sacked or walked of their own accord.

Have voted for Petrie to go. He has achieved an incredible amount of good for the club for which I will never forget. His skill set for Hibs has been exhausted, we now need someone in charge that knows how to build a football team, not a the club.
    I wish him well for the future and will always be welcome back in my eyes. For now the future is the direction the team is to go in for the next decade and he knows as much about that as I do and I'm an electrician.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    He's probably here as long as STF owns the club, so in that sense asking for him to go is pointless. It also seems RP had belatedly realised change was needed and appointed a new CEO.

But the situation we are now in is so unacceptable that trust has gone. I voted yes.

its a yes from me

PETRIE OUT

'S' Form
    100% yes from me.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes but That's the easy bit .The hard part is how that can be achieved and unless that first demonstration is well attended and organised properly it will let Petrie think he can ride the storm out To add some balance my Son thinks Butcher is the one that needs to go as long as Petrie moves up stairs and gives Lee Ann control of key footballing decisions ,transfer negotiations and day to day running of club including being media spokesperson And person who meets fans in meetings etc .
    So this issue isn't as straight forward a s some of us would like it to be .
    I'm with your son, removing Butcher is neccessary & acheivable, Petrie is a different story, he should go but theres a lot more to it. Butcher out now, Petrie as soon as practical, emphasis on the "soon".

100%, Rod please go and please take Butcher and his hangers on with you!

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    The club can only spend the money that it receives from its many revenue streams. One of these streams is people who pay money be it as a ST or walk up. We are now in the lower league of Scottish football and still charging SPL prices. The price of this failure requires that the person who runs our club should 'stand down' and let the new CEO run OUR CLUB. We need Mr Petrie to stand down completely and allow the new CEO to make executive decisions. OUR CLUB needs this to happen now if it is going to attract people back to ER and for the team to get back into the SPl next year.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish_sleepy View Post
    I think it's crazy that anyone thinks any more funds would be available for whatever manager we end up with when Leanne starts in her role.
    It's pretty obvious and generally well known that STF has stated that the club has to be self financing and not run up any more debt.
    Where does everyone think all the extra money for marquee signings is supposed to come from?
    STF isn't going to hand it over.
    I've not heard of read about any rich supporters prepared to hand money over.
    The club has in effect been for sale for a long time, but nobody with the funds needed to buy it and take on the debt has come forward.
    The solution to get rid of STF and Rod is simple.
    Someone buy them out.
    Otherwise I honestly can't see any of them going anywhere.
    Unfortunately I have to say this is probably 100% where I am. Things defiantly have to change but I honestly don't know what the alternatives are at the moment.

Left by mutual consent!
    Can we maybe have an 'undecided' option added to the poll...otherwise I'll spoil my ballot paper?

im strugglin' billy broon style to get my head round how anyone could possibly think stickin wi petrie is the way forward

he's completely ruined this football club , made us a laughing stock and now managed to get us relegated into the toughest scottish 1st division iv ever seen

the guys a complete ersehole and to continue with him surly is just madness

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HNA7 View Post
    PLEASE READ THE WHOLE OF THIS POST BEFORE VOTING

It's a simple question with a simple Yes or No answer.

If you want to go over them again you can read the statements issued by Hibs.net over the last few days here....

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...-Board-members

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...club-statement

Please take a moment to vote. It's a quick process and it's anonymous.

The more votes that are cast the easier it will be to guage the feeling within the support.

Thank you,
    The Hibs.net Admin Team.
    I'm interested as to why you're asking this.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Also like to hear what the fundamental changes to the Hibernian F C structure are, and what facilitating needs to be done by Petrie.

I am hopeful of a fan-based ownership of the football business, can't see the infrastructure being handed over as the fans could never secure the mortgage debts.

It will be the only way STF will ever get shot of the financial liabilities of running the Club.

I think he has given up on the notion it can be successfully run as a breakeven business.