hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

I'd like to hear from Butcher

Am I the only one surprised that we've not heard from Butcher yet?

IMHO, this is exactly the time for leaders to step forward. Butcher has a monumental task ahead of him, and he has lost the support of many of the fans (taking a snapshot of views on here to form that opinion).

He needs to re-engage with the support and if he's sticking around, he needs to set out what we should expect from now until the season starts. I don't think it's a good idea for there to be no comment coming from him at the moment.

The manager needs to come out on the front foot, start to try and get folk back onside. Given Butcher's reputation and ethos on leadership, I'm fairly astonished that we've not heard a peep from him since Sunday.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

IMHO, this is exactly the time for leaders to step forward. Butcher has a monumental task ahead of him, and he has lost the support of many of the fans (taking a snapshot of views on here to form that opinion).

He needs to re-engage with the support and if he's sticking around, he needs to set out what we should expect from now until the season starts. I don't think it's a good idea for there to be no comment coming from him at the moment.

The manager needs to come out on the front foot, start to try and get folk back onside. Given Butcher's reputation and ethos on leadership, I'm fairly astonished that we've not heard a peep from him since Sunday.
    Agree totally all the squad and the management should have been made to go back onto the pitch on Sunday to apologise to the fans including throwing strips to young kids etc. For them all bar Williams, Robertson, Maybury to slink off feeling sorry for themselves when kids were in the stands bawling their eyes out was frankly disgusting. Bit of an indictment of the manager that this didnt happen IMO. As you would have thought if he is indeed serious about staying on he should have tried to man up at the most important time.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We have no leaders at the club, STF who is he, where is he? Petrie never says a word unless its to ask for money or back the club through another crisis. And Butcher AKA Mr motivator has completely disappeared.

My dead granny had more about her than this current crop of losers, and she had more fight and passion in her little finger than any of them.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar

Wouldn't surprise me if they are trying to work out a severence deal for him that doesn't involve the Club in shelling out a large lump sum now!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I'm speculating that the radio silence may be due to his imminent dismissal. Unfortunately I am basing this on no information whatsoever.

If he does stay on next season, will he be on half pay, as per the alleged terms of Sam Stanton's contract.

Butcher

it is funny that the so called manager of hibs has not spoken out is it because Petrie has told him to keep quiet or does he have a hidden agenda

Sure I read that he is away on holiday, don't know if that is true but did read that.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree totally all the squad and the management should have been made to go back onto the pitch on Sunday to apologise to the fans including throwing strips to young kids etc. For them all bar Williams, Robertson, Maybury to slink off feeling sorry for themselves when kids were in the stands bawling their eyes out was frankly disgusting. Bit of an indictment of the manager that this didnt happen IMO. As you would have thought if he is indeed serious about staying on he should have tried to man up at the most important time.
    Completely agree, chaps. A defiant statement from Butcher a few days after Sunday would have gone down much better than the terrible one the club gave us, allied to the mass cull of players on Monday.

The fact that we haven't heard from him worries me greatly, as it implies that he's not really up for this challenge. The only thing that suggests that he is, is the fact that he didn't resign.

What's the point?

Time to get to work with sorting the football club rather than doing interviews that will say stuff like " we have identified players and hopefully we can push them through, our aim is to get promoted, this is a terrible time for the club blah blah"

I'm not interested in hearing pointless statements like this as we already know it.

I would suspect Leanne put a gagging order on him on Monday when they met until she decides what to do with him and his side kick.

First Team Breakthrough borstalboy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BigJ_86
    This is a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't moment. My personal opinion is that I'd rather not here from him at this time, I'd much rather here from Leeann as to exactly what her role is going to entail and her vision on returning the club to where we all feel it belongs. This should then coincide with Butcher publicly stating what he plans to do with the forth coming season.

We don't want the 'tail wagging the dog' situation that would arise. Message needs to come from the top first IMHO.
    Last edited by borstalboy; 30-05-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Three possibilities:

1) The details of his dismissal are being worked out
    2) He's waiting until he has some positive transfer action as more <insert big talk about how it's going to be better> won't wash
    3) Neither he or the board have the first hint of a clue or a plan as to what to say or do to get us out of this mess

I know which one I'd stick the house on.....

He is probably on holiday

Yes. I would like to know.

1. Are you being kept on?

2. If so, who are you letting go?

3. Why are you letting our best young players go?

4. Who do you plan on bringing and do you have the budget to do this?

5. What plan have you got in place to take us back to the top flight?

These questions should all be answered ASAP.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Im assuming he will be on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    He is probably on holiday
    I hope it's a "coach" tour !.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    that falls of a cliff LOL and gets lost forever LOL

Quote Originally Posted by borstalboy View Post
    This is a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't moment. My personal opinion is that I'd rather not here from him at this time, I'd much rather here from Leeann as to exactly what her role is going to entail and her vision on returning the club to where we all feel it belongs. This should then coincide with Butcher publicly stating what he plans to do with the forth coming season.

We don't want the 'tail wagging the dog' situation that would arise. Message needs to come from the top first IMHO.
    Yep, totally agree. The amount of people on here who moan and complain about his interviews with the press, and now they want him to speak after all.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

I'm really not interested in words from him at this stage, Matty. He talked a great game when he arrived and most of us were excited by the potential of things being turned around. What we got instead was ineptitude: terrible tactics, atrocious style of play, no ability to halt the slide down the table. There's nothing he can say now that could make amends, and the only statement I want from him is goodbye.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar

Totally agree I suspect Monday is going to be some day...
    The wind of change will blow in our new owner will be revealed
    And I need drink ...print time

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The only thing i'd like to hear from Butcher is 'I'm resigning'

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    In which he is relegated to the back seat.

Hes still behind the sittee!!

I thought we would have heard something also by now

The players heard from Butcher on the zillion pound training pitch."oi mcgivern, when you get the ball at the back, instead of passing to a teammate in space ahead of you, just whack the ball upfield so we can give possesion away".Hundreds of fans could have managed us better.(or did the players not follow instruction)?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    The players heard from Butcher on the zillion pound training pitch."oi mcgivern, when you get the ball at the back, instead of passing to a teammate in space ahead of you, just whack the ball upfield so we can give possesion away".Hundreds of fans could have managed us better.(or did the players not follow instruction)?

If it was me, i'd stop talking and all that bull and start demanding from everyone - like he said he would in his very first interview on Hibs TV...

That means making sure he gets the players he wants from the board and if he doesnae get it, demand that his board of directors source more money to fund his ambitions - that's what a board is all about is it no.

It would be good if, Leann Dempster's first day is complemented with a decent player and a statement of intent by Butcher...

If i was Butcher that's how i'd start playing it... Shutting my mouth and getting on with delivering a winning team. Actions speak louder than words.

Re-engage?
    i would have thought he would have had to engage first.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post
    Re-engage?
    i would have thought he would have had to engage first.
    I would have said he had the vast majority of the support engaged with him when he arrived at the club and had a good run of results.

"Goodbye" is the only thing I want to hear from that erse

He is saying nothing, and that takes him to rock bottom in my opinion.

He will bugger off to Brazil soon, and what will happen to replace Hibs' squad in the meantime?