hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Protest outside Easter Road against Rod Petrie, Saturday 7th June at 11:30

Putting this in a separate topic to raise awareness. Everyone who can, get yourself down there.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Putting this in a separate topic to raise awareness. Everyone who can, get yourself down there.
    I'll be there.

I'm at the meeting so be nice to me.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Booooooooooo!!!!!!!

First Team Breakthrough
    Sorry, but I thought I read in a different thread that the Meeting is scheduled for 11.30am and we should gather outside the main Stand at 11am? (Assuming of course they will open the gates to the Car Park)

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Mo View Post
    Sorry, but I thought I read in a different thread that the Meeting is scheduled for 11.30am and we should gather outside the main Stand at 11am? (Assuming of course they will open the gates to the Car Park)
    Tell them you are buying a season ticket...that'll get you through the gates.

Coaching Staff
    This is the acid test time though - put it this way, when the club and team needed the supporters for vital games, we turned up and jeez even down to having 'green dot' counts.

So......if this is to be done properly, constructivey and more importantly civily, then there needs to be the same level of support - as that way I see it, this is far far far more crucial than a game against Killie for 3 points, or a play off game - this is for a monumental, club saving change.

My only hope is that this is done with coordination and as I said, a calm, lawful and civil manner. The main thrust of the argument is for Rod to leave the club with a degree of dignity and for us thereafter to move on with energy, positivity and passion. It cannot be simply Rod Petrie going and then believing the job is done - it won't be, as it will be the start of a difficult but exciting journey in the club's history.

I'd call it, for want of a better phrase, 'Season of Change' - I'd want a vision statement for both the club and the first team, far more interaction with supporters, far more school inclusion, a steering group formed to audit and report on the Academy at 6 month intervals (thus making it accountable to the supporters and interested parties), sponsorship to be looked at all levels with stadium naming rights and Academy naming rights being explored.

Team wise I want Hibs Media to be far more 2014 and not 1914......it needs refreshed and revamped, new ideas like 'fans commentaries' in games like the derby (Hibs fan Hearts fan), better interviews, a Captain's weekly update.......the manager meeting regularly with the support.

In short, any campaign (and it must be looked upon as a campaign) has to have a clear message, a clear focus and a clear argument - but with clear expectations and ones which are achievable with hard work and enterprise - we cannot do rhetoric and 'shoot for the stars'. The aims and objectives have to be attainable.

That for me is my thoughts on how we should go about things - I think as I posted before we have jumped the gun a bit this week, caught on the emotions of Sunday.

Let's think this through with deliberation and be constructive and reasoned. Emotions can get in the way of rational thought.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Mo View Post
    Is it Hibs car park.?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Is it Hibs car park.?
    That'll be sold before next week!

Me and my son will be there.

#petrieout

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This is the acid test time though - put it this way, when the club and team needed the supporters for vital games, we turned up and jeez even down to having 'green dot' counts.

So......if this is to be done properly, constructivey and more importantly civily, then there needs to be the same level of support - as that way I see it, this is far far far more crucial than a game against Killie for 3 points, or a play off game - this is for a monumental, club saving change.

My only hope is that this is done with coordination and as I said, a calm, lawful and civil manner. The main thrust of the argument is for Rod to leave the club with a degree of dignity and for us thereafter to move on with energy, positivity and passion. It cannot be simply Rod Petrie going and then believing the job is done - it won't be, as it will be the start of a difficult but exciting journey in the club's history.

I'd call it, for want of a better phrase, 'Season of Change' - I'd want a vision statement for both the club and the first team, far more interaction with supporters, far more school inclusion, a steering group formed to audit and report on the Academy at 6 month intervals (thus making it accountable to the supporters and interested parties), sponsorship to be looked at all levels with stadium naming rights and Academy naming rights being explored.

Team wise I want Hibs Media to be far more 2014 and not 1914......it needs refreshed and revamped, new ideas like 'fans commentaries' in games like the derby (Hibs fan Hearts fan), better interviews, a Captain's weekly update.......the manager meeting regularly with the support.

In short, any campaign (and it must be looked upon as a campaign) has to have a clear message, a clear focus and a clear argument - but with clear expectations and ones which are achievable with hard work and enterprise - we cannot do rhetoric and 'shoot for the stars'. The aims and objectives have to be attainable.

That for me is my thoughts on how we should go about things - I think as I posted before we have jumped the gun a bit this week, caught on the emotions of Sunday.

Let's think this through with deliberation and be constructive and reasoned. Emotions can get in the way of rational thought.
    Run this past me, conducted "civily" - with a baying mob outside? Sounds like a very British revolution. In other countries they have the decency to spit on their enemies dead bodies, but here we give them tea and sandwiches and tell them they can say whatever they like - if we agree it.

hasta siempre la victoria!!!!

I'll be there. This is the only way it's going to work. Writing 'petrie out' is fine, but anyone can do that so doesnt hold enough credence.

If u want petrie out, be there in body, not spirit

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Run this past me, conducted "civily" - with a baying mob outside? Sounds like a very British revolution. In other countries they have the decency to spit on their enemies dead bodies, but here we give them tea and sandwiches and tell them they can say whatever they like - if we agree it.

hasta siempre la victoria!!!!
    No FR, I want change but not when it's getting to a level which is beneath us - will shouting bile and abuse at a set of revolving doors do anything ? Other than make a few people a wee bit happier and their oxytocin level rise and make them feel happier

I'm all for a gathering, but I want to know what we all collectively want as a club (apart from the clearly obvious and that is a winning team). Getting Rod out, although the main objective, is only for me a small part of the process - I want a total revamp of the club, from Rod to the tealady/teaboy.

There are a lot of very well connected, thoughtful, experienced and innovative fans out there - really knowledgeable about many things that could help and improve the club. That's why I posted what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Snap
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

No FR, I want change but not when it's getting to a level which is beneath us - will shouting bile and abuse at a set of revolving doors do anything ? Other than make a few people a wee bit happier and their oxytocin level rise and make them feel happier

I'm all for a gathering, but I want to know what we all collectively want as a club (apart from the clearly obvious and that is a winning team). Getting Rod out, although the main objective, is only for me a small part of the process - I want a total revamp of the club, from Rod to the tealady/teaboy.

There are a lot of very well connected, thoughtful, experienced and innovative fans out there - really knowledgeable about many things that could help and improve the club. That's why I posted what I did.
    Unemployed now.

Coaching Staff
    Unemployed now.
    How goes it SH mate ?

I'll be there, but I also want it to be more thought through - Rod going is only the start for me.

Think we will definitely sell out this one

We'll need to get some songs penned i reckon - the chants of 'Petrie Petrie Get to ****' however direct means we'll be going against what PK said earlier about this not being personal, but business..

A few renditions of 'We Are Hibernian FC' and the Hibees bounce on Rod's bonnet are acceptable (I get Rod won't be there so the nearest Jag)

Left by mutual consent!
    Me and my son will be there.

#petrieout
    as will I, hopefully with the lads I went tae the games with.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 30-05-2014 at 01:01 PM.

First Team Breakthrough HibbyRod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Snap
    Snap for me too.

hopefully huge crowd cant make it be there in spirit. PETRIEOUT

I'll be there with plus 3.

Give us our Hibs back!

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's like waving a season ticket at a camera crew.

Sorry, I was just having a laugh there. I'm more in favour of small groups of organised fans carrying out protests than a large homogenous mob - as it is easily dispersed and there is every chance of negative publicity as a result.

I would hope the demonstration outside is stewarded and clear guidelines given about acceptable protest.

I'll be there. Dragging every Hibee I know along with me. Spread the word and let's get rid of Rod

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Unfortunately I won't be there - living two hours away with a thesis to write and no driving license doesn't help.

Also, could one of the admins change the time to 11:00? Made a mistake, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    It's like waving a season ticket at a camera crew.

Sorry, I was just having a laugh there. I'm more in favour of small groups of organised fans carrying out protests than a large homogenous mob - as it is easily dispersed and there is every chance of negative publicity as a result.

I would hope the demonstration outside is stewarded and clear guidelines given about acceptable protest.
    Demo will be properly stewarded.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

How goes it SH mate ?

I'll be there, but I also want it to be more thought through - Rod going is only the start for me.
    Good bud.

Hopefully we hear more before Saturday, but yes i will be there on Saturday with the munchies

I just hope the wee kids don't turn up and start having a party atmosphere and throwing coins at people!!

Left by mutual consent!
    I will get the effigy sorted.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Really glad to hear this is happening! Fully supporting this from California. It's time for change!

Well done to all those attending and showing how much Hibernian FC means to us!