hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Notes from Meeting and press conference at HSA

Briefing:

The day opened with a briefing from Paul Kane.

He stated that Rod Petrie has stated categorically he will not resign. He called on all present to support the group calling Petrie Out. They are not interested in going after Sir Tom Farmer or harming the football club. The goal is to get the soul of the club back. The room was asked for a show of hands of those present whether they supported the goal of getting Rod Petrie out. The vote was 100% unanimous. Yesterday they asked Rod to do the decent thing for the benefit of the club, the club is the mosy important thing, the fans are the lifeblood, owners go and chairman's go but fans remain. Paul stated there will be no campaign without the backing of the fans, this is the fans decision and campaign not that of the 'group of 4'.

At that point an objection was raised by a St Pats member regarding communication. Paul stated groups will be communicated to and invited to participate in due course. This isn't about egos, Paul will lead as a figurehead. Hibs will try to divide and conquer. Regular meetings will be held to keep supporters informed, this will be open and transparent. The 'group of 4' requested the right to take a tape recorder into the meeting yesterday so they had proof of what was said. Rod and David Forsyth refused. Simon Pia will issue his notes of the meeting in due course.

There will be a meeting with Leeann Dempster next week, Saturday 7th at 11. Paul called for supporters to sjow support for the Petrie out campaign by protesting peacefully before and during the meeting. The group appealed to Rod to go to avoid this and dragging the club through the press.

Paul stated categorically that they made no threats of withholding finances, that is an individual choice and not something the group will call forward. The group want to see team playing and winning the 'Hibs way' again.

A show of hands was then asked for regarding communicating Saturdays planned protest to a wider audience. Again the vote was 100% unanimous in favour.

That was the briefing, I'll put the press conference together shortly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good man, puts a few myths to bed and important that we all appreciate that this is not about egos or being the main man.
    Some folk will need to take a back seat and have trust in this group.

I would plead with the group who meet Hibs not to agree to any confidentially whatsoever.
    None.
    By doing so only allows aspersions that they are in with the club and only doing this for personal good.

Knowing one or two of the group I'm sure that their intentions are solely in the interests of Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Briefing:

He stated that Rod Petrie has stated categorically he will not resign. He called on all present to support the group calling Petrie Out. They are not interested in goimg after Sir Tom Farmer or harming the football club. The goal is to get the soul of the club back. The room was asked for a show of hands of those present whether they supported the goal of getting Rod Petrie out. The vote was 100% unanimous. Yesterday they asked Rod to do the decent thing for the benefit of the club, the club is the mosy important thing, the fans are the lifeblood, owners go and chairmans go but fans remain. Paul stated there will be no campaign without the backing of the fans, this is the fans decision and campaign not that of the 'group of 4'.

At that point an objection was raised by a St Pats memeber regarding communication. Paul stated groups will be communicated to and invited to participate in due course. This isn't abouy egos, Paul will lead as a figurehead. Hibs will try to divide and conquer. Regular meetings will be held to keep supporters informed, this will be open and transparent. The 'group of 4' requested the right to take a tape recorder into the meeting yesterday so they had proof of what was said. Rod and David Forsyth refused. Simon Pia will issue his notea of the meeting in due course.

There will be a meeting with Leeann Dempster next week, Saturday 7th at 11. Paul called for supporters to sjow support for the Petrie out campaign by protesting peacefully before and during the meeting. The group appealed to Rod to go to avoid this and dragging the club through the press.

Paul stated categorically that they made no threats of withholding finances, that is an individual choice and not something the group will call forward. The group want to see team playing and winningn the 'Hibs way' again.

A show of hands was then asked for regarding communicating Saturdays planned protest to a wider audience. Again the vote was 100% unanimous in favour.

Thank's for the update and well done, surely no one can argue with that?.

Press conference:

Top table:

Paul Kane, Mike Reilly, Simon Pia, Kenny MacLean Jnr

Mike Reilly thanked everyone for attending. Said the group was something that had been rumbling below the surface for some time. Always suspected this day would come but upset and shocked it was after relegation. Everyone is numb.

He stated supporters had approached the HSA to act, only 1 member has openly voiced concerns about the plan. He said he would be proud to have a majority of support he reiterated that Paul will be a figurehead and spokesperson. He accused Hibs of dirty tricks to try and fracture the group and support.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Excellent. Well done

Sent from my iphone

Just to emphasise at no point yesterday was 'starving' of Club or finances raised.

This has been added in by the Club after the meeting, even though it was never mentioned.

All sounds good and thanks for the feedback.

Kenny MacLean jr:

Delighted to see so many fans especially the younger generation. He stated he asked Rod yesterday the simple question of whether he would resign. Rod categorically said he will not. Kenny then evoked the example of his dad and Hands off Hibs. He also stated he had spoke to Pat Stanton who is 100% behind the Petrie out campaign. Kenny then read from a Hibs statement from 2008 that said we would compete in the upper echelons, euro football with a class infrastructure. It also said we would be exciting and entertaining football team with long term stability. He stated supporters are not and will not starve the club. He said Rod has starved is of heart, soul and success and now Premier league football. He said fans must support the campaign. We as a club should be in the top 3 or 4. He then wished Leeann all the best and said he supports he but Petrie must be out.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Sounds perfect! Time to get behind Kano.

Petrieout

Cheers for the update mate. I'll be there to protest at the meeting.

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    Am sitting beside him right now enjoy a pint while he is rapidly typing the notes for you guys! Well done pretty boy

@hibs.net private member
    Just to clarify the meeting with Leanne is at 11.30 not 11.00am on Saturday week. It is by invitation. The protest is be outside the main stand at 11.00am.

Please try to be there.

Testimonial Due
    Thanks for those updates PB much appreciated .

Sadly whilst we the fans dont want "civil war" at this time it appears the club is prepared to go to whatever lengths necessary to keep the current hirearchy in place.

Perhaps they feel that if they cling on our new CEO can bring a calming influence and de-escalate the situation in favour of RP staying as chairman?

It is right that we the fans must not starve the club of funds as that is simply cutting off our noses to spite our faces.

However (IMO) we must now stand together and not allow the club to "offer terms" in which RP and others on the board remain in post.

Our demands are simple as far as I can see:
    • Rod Petrie must stand down and leave from any offical capacity.
    • What are the club going to do to ensure that we have a realastic chance of gaining promotion back to the Premiership.
    • More transparency in communications with the support.
    • A team built around playing football the "Hibs Way".

Well maybe's that's my demands but I think at least some will agree with the above

I will be outside ER on the 7th and will pass the word on.

I also totally agree with Kano as spokesman at this time, a well known charachter and former player who (again IMO) we should unite behind.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
    Am sitting beside him right now enjoy a pint while he is rapidly typing the notes for you guys! Well done pretty boy
    So am I. Almost.

It was then stated that the group had asked Rod about plans, targets, strategy and ambition for next season. He refused to answer.

Paul:

Campaign is all about Petrie out and it's one step at a time. Won't be attacking the club or Sir Tom. This isn't about individuals and is about all the fans. The fans will have and do have an oppprtunity to voice support for the cause or concerns. The Hibernian good name is paramount, the current demise is caused by Rod Petrie. He reiterated Rod had said he will not go. This refusal has forced this position and situation. He stated that the Hibs support was unbelievable. Asked the cameras to focus on crowd when he asked who supported Rod out, show off hands was unanimous. The campaign will be conducted with dignity, it's not personal, it's business. Many have seen it coming for a long time but relegation has been a wake up call. We are all a Hibs family, the tactics of the club are divide and conquer but the whole support must stand strong and together. He believes the support welcome Leeann, as does he, but it must be without Rod. He pointed to the example of Scott and Fyfe struggling to work with Rod. Leeann doesn't need Rod. He felt the meeting yesterday was disappointing but started the ball rolling. AT NO TIME DID THEY THREATEN TO WITHHOLD CASH, NOR WILL THEY.

He again called for a protest before the meeting with Leeann next week to show the strength of feeling against Rod. He stated the support is the lifeblood of the club, we will get what we want. He then said it was the choice of the wider support and they will go with what is wanted.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    So am I. Almost.
    Come over

excited about what's happened this morning, well done to all involved and well done to all that'll be attending next week. in this together.

everything seems above board, i'd also like to turn up next week to 'demonstrate' rather than 'protest' - I like the idea of demonstrating we're Hibs and we believe in what we're doing.. just a personal preference.

one small step and all that..

Briefing:

He stated that Rod Petrie has stated categorically he will not resign. He called on all present to support the group calling Petrie Out. They are not interested in goimg after Sir Tom Farmer or harming the football club. The goal is to get the soul of the club back. The room was asked for a show of hands of those present whether they supported the goal of getting Rod Petrie out. The vote was 100% unanimous. Yesterday they asked Rod to do the decent thing for the benefit of the club, the club is the mosy important thing, the fans are the lifeblood, owners go and chairmans go but fans remain. Paul stated there will be no campaign without the backing of the fans, this is the fans decision and campaign not that of the 'group of 4'.

At that point an objection was raised by a St Pats memeber regarding communication. Paul stated groups will be communicated to and invited to participate in due course. This isn't abouy egos, Paul will lead as a figurehead. Hibs will try to divide and conquer. Regular meetings will be held to keep supporters informed, this will be open and transparent. The 'group of 4' requested the right to take a tape recorder into the meeting yesterday so they had proof of what was said. Rod and David Forsyth refused. Simon Pia will issue his notea of the meeting in due course.

Paul stated categorically that they made no threats of withholding finances, that is an individual choice and not something the group will call forward. The group want to see team playing and winningn the 'Hibs way' again.

I remember Kano as a player, decent professional who always gave 100%. I would love for him to remind me of the time any team he ever played in played the
    'Hibs way'

Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
    I'm watching his fingers going into overdrive

There was then a Q&A session:

Will they go back to Rod?

The fans have to tell us what they want. If the support does protest how can the club not listen

What does rest of board think about Rod?

Bruce Langham believes Rod is best man for the job. 100% supports him. Couldn't speak for others.

Mark MacLean, grandson of Kenny MacLean stated the club means too much to too many. Disgrace we are having to go through this, 24 years ago we came together, we need to do the same again. He got quite emotional whilst saying this.

Paul stated he has seen grown men cry at the situation. If we do this right we will win and get the club back.

Kenny said that the support won't be let down and our questions will be answered.

A fan stood up from the floor and stated Hibs only exist because of the fans. Power is with us, not Rod Petrie, Petrie is now a cancer to the club and we want him out.

Promising Youngster Shore Thing's Avatar
    Kenny MacLean jr:
    ...Kenny then read from a Hibs statement from 2008 that said we would comepete in the upper echelons, euro football with a class infastructure. It also said we would be exciting and entertaining football team witj long term stability.
    Since 2008, under Petrie's guidance, we have failed to deliver every footballing target from every statement of intent issued by the board.
    Even last season this was watered down to 'the club aims to win as many games as possible', and we did not even acheive this vague-est of targets.

Petrie has to go.

Finally those represented were:

Most supporters club both affiliate and non affiliates of the HSA.

Charlie Reid of the Proclaimers.

Mike Reilly

Paul Kane

Simon Pia

Kenny MacLean jr

The bounce

Hibs.net

Working Together

Leith Links

A few individual fans

Finally any questions should be directed to the HSA by email marked for the Petrie Out campaign.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by legends of 73 View Post
    Who's she? :)

Quote Originally Posted by nribs View Post

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    That's disgusting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by legends of 73 View Post
    And I'm fixing all his typo's

Good work PB - Thanks for doing this

EEEEEEK!

Memo to self...................... "Cant let grandson read this thread"

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    can i ask is Bruce Langham on the Board ?