hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back Butcher

Back Butcher

Over the last week, everyone linked with His has suffered. With talks of "boycotts" and such a like, the club would surely be more worse off than it already is. For those calling for butchers head, can I remind you of the Mixu, Hughes, caldwerwood and fenlon era where the vast majority of fans called for their heads, now look where the club is. This s***e of constant replacement of managers needs to stop. let Butcher do his job. Give him time, let him bring in players and go from there
    Last edited by Django; 30-05-2014 at 01:09 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by J1875M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Over the last week, everyone linked with His has suffered. With talks of "boycotts" and such a like, the club would surely be more worse off than it already is. For those calling for butchers head, can I remind you of the Mixu, Hughes, caldwerwood and fenlon era where the vast majority of fans called for their heads, now look where the club is. This s***e of constant replacement of managers needs to stop. let Butcher do his job. Give him te
    Butcher has done his job - he has a worse win rate than Colin Calderwood and got us relegated so no I won't back him.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Over the last week, everyone linked with His has suffered. With talks of "boycotts" and such a like, the club would surely be more worse off than it already is. For those calling for butchers head, can I remind you of the Mixu, Hughes, caldwerwood and fenlon era where the vast majority of fans called for their heads, now look where the club is. This s***e of constant replacement of managers needs to stop. let Butcher do his job. Give him time, let him bring in players and go from there
    And a fine job he's done so far.

Left by mutual consent!
    That is all irrelevant, we have been relegated when it was totally avoidable he should 100% be sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    That is all irrelevant, we have been relegated when it was totally avoidable he should 100% be sacked.
    Just like Mixu, Hughes, CC & Fenlon?

Back Butcher
    7 posts. Says it all.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wright Jnr View Post
    Just like Mixu, Hughes, CC & Fenlon?
    What have they to do with it? Butcher should be punted.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm fed up of saying after each manager has left "oh we should have kept him" when In fact it is the fans who are hounding them out. I personally would give Butcher another season, he's been in this position before and even though he just got us relegated I honestly believe he can at least get us back into the play offs. Just give him another season because backing our manager is crucial.

I still don't think we should have sacked Yogi but that's over with

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    I'm fed up of saying after each manager has left "oh we should have kept him" when In fact it is the fans who are hounding them out. I personally would give Butcher another season, he's been in this position before and even though he just got us relegated I honestly believe he can at least get us back into the play offs. Just give him another season because backing our manager is crucial.

I still don't think we should have sacked Yogi but that's over with
    I agree 100%, things have taken a nosedive since then

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus. View Post
    I agree 100%, things have taken a nosedive since then
    You look at the amount of goals we were scoring back then with players such as Bamba, Zemmama, Riordan, Liam Miller, Stokes etc and then you look where we are now..relegated with hardly any hope.

Yogi even had us playing in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post
    7 posts. Says it all.
    Sometimes less is a lot, lot more.

First Team Breakthrough
    I honestly believe we would have done better with no manager at all. The players would have done better just organising training themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Sometimes less is a lot, lot more.
    What is the lot, lot more that you think I'm missing?

@hibs.net private member
    Even if we were all ok with Butcher staying, will he be allowed to bring in the players to have a chance at promotion?? I doubt it.

You know things are really bad when people think Yogi was good

What is the lot, lot more that you think I'm missing?
    It was a constructive post highlighting the positives in giving the manager more time. It's a lot, lot more supportive of the football club I love than a lot of the posts I have been reading recently.

I don't think anyone is in any doubt that Petrie should go in the near future (samurai fell on their sword for a lot less) but I'm not happy with the butcher debate being lumped in with the Petrie feeding frenzy. They are two separate issues as far as I'm concerned and I'm not sure we wouldn't be lumping the baby out with the bath water.

We all care and are worried about the present situation but why can't people just wait one bloody week to hear what this new CEO has to say? The collective still has the power and the guns will still be trained so what's the urgency to oust Petrie before this appointment. I think it's clear that the intensity will remain and the same questions will still be asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Even if we were all ok with Butcher staying, will he be allowed to bring in the players to have a chance at promotion?? I doubt it.
    Steve,

What are you trying to say? Are you saying the club are not going out to try and regain top flight football? As bad as the club is at the moment I am sure this is going to be the number 1 aim?

ps. am not saying Butcher is the man to do this.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Yes. I really do.

LeeAnn built a strong relationship between the club and the fans at Motherwell and the successful mantra was "TRUST THE BOARD".

Petrie has to leave or totally convince us he has nothing to do with any decision making in order for this to happen at hibs.

I'm behind butcher but if I was Ms. Dempster, the first decision I would make would be to recommend that Petrie leaves immediately in the interest of unity. If she has control and wants results she has to be ruthless if she has such powers.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Pathetic effort Jamie to destabilise rational thought of the typical fan who has watched the club slip from a comfortable league position under Pat Fenlon to relegation to the Championship with a match win % during his period in charge of less than 20%!

That happened with the same players that PF worked with enhanced the three loan signing of Mr Butchers choice in January! The quality of football or rather hoofball over that time was a disgrace and the deliberate refusal to play key top players such as Kevin Thomson due to "personal issues" and not injury or lack of match fitness when everyone knew that Thomson was fit but the he had "upset" Mf Butcher in some way was instrumental and significant in causing relegation!

The problems you allude to were the direct result of the selection by Mr Petrie of previous managers who were almost as incompetent as Mr Butcher or did you have a view on who else might have been responsible for that!?
    Last edited by TornadoHibby; 30-05-2014 at 05:00 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    7 posts. Says it all.
    Can you explain this please. Why does the number of posts any registered member make have any bearing on his opinion (everyone has one).

Whilst I may not agree with the post, at least he is being constructive in out darkest hour.

Strange!!

I was delighted when Butcher was appointed. A high profile apparently successful manager who apparently had the bottle to challenge Petrie's tight fisted ways.

What did we get? A man who has introduced a horrible horrible style of hoofball; who failed to take any of the many chances to preserve the club's top flight position; who failed to exploit the winter transfer window; who created a divided dressing room; who allowed his deputy to become involved in a continuous swearing match with folk sitting nearby and who failed to lead or inspire the tremendously loyal fan base.

Has he been back in front of he camera to properly apologise; to share his vision; to explain how he is going to turn things round; to say why he failed and why this won't be repeated? No he has not.

He's had his chance and failed miserably. He's lost our respect and trust.

If he had an ounce of integrity he would have resigned immediately, he did not.

He must go and he must take Petrie with him.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Can you explain this please. Why does the number of posts any registered member make have any bearing on his opinion (everyone has one).

Whilst I may not agree with the post, at least he is being constructive in out darkest hour.

Strange!!
    Constructive!

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    Constructive!
    If you care to try and understand what he's saying you might actuly see he is trying to be constructive. However your one of the lets just sack everyone with no plan of where we go from here brigade. He has the best interests of the club at heart,

What's your agenda?

@hibs.net private member Lang Toun Hibs's Avatar
    Simply no, sorry.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm getting sick of this *****.

Another ridiculous post with no logic as to why we should give time to a man with a solid & consistent record of failure & awful football.

As for this bring in his own players nonsense. Any idiot with an understanding of the concept of management would recognise what a ridiculous notion that is.

Coaching Staff
    Butcher came in and turned a poorly performing team into pub team.

Thank dog he only had half a season to ruin them completely and get us relegated.

Imagine what carnage he can cause if we give him longer

[QUOTE=J1875M;4039582]Over the last week, everyone linked with His has suffered. With talks of "boycotts" and such a like, the club would surely be more worse off than it already is. For those calling for butchers head, can I remind you of the Mixu, Hughes, caldwerwood and fenlon era where the vast majority of fans called for their heads, now look where the club is. This s***e of constant replacement of managers needs to stop. let Butcher do his job. Give him time, let him bring in players and go from there[/QUOTE

aye right.

First Team Breakthrough RedHibby's Avatar
    So, we get rid of Petrie and Butcher, what next? Butcher will require a payoff so we will have less money to strengthen/rebuild the team which could make it very difficult to come back up at the first attempt. It was the fans that shouted to get PF out and TB in. We got what we wanted and now we want another Manager in. How long will the next one get? Perhaps he will be allowed to lose a few games and then we will be shouting to get him out as well. It is a vicious circle that has to stop.

[QUOTE=RedHibby;4039702]So, we get rid of Petrie and Butcher, what next? Butcher will require a payoff so we will have less money to strengthen/rebuild the team which could make it very difficult to come back up at the first attempt. It was the fans that shouted to get PF out and TB in. We got what we wanted and now we want another Manager in. How long will the next one get? Perhaps he will be allowed to lose a few games and then we will be shouting to get him out as well. It is a vicious circlethat has to stop.[/QUO
    Your spot on mate
    We simply can't afford to sack TB, MM, & SM
    The compensation we pay out to sacked managers is Staggering
    Think of the money that has been wasted in pay offs, when it should of been invested in the Team.
    I would personally give Butcher next season with his own team.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    7 posts. Says it all.