hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sir Tom Farmer

Sir Tom Farmer

I'm aware he has delegated the running of the club to RP but you would have at least maybe expected the owner to have released a statement or something. When was the last time he has actually attended anything to do with the club? Was he at the last AGM?
    Last edited by DaveF; 27-05-2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: removed personal content - not req'd.

2. Log in to remove the advert

For me his last statement I remember was the "I'd like to have 100 Rod Petrie's" speech after the utter shambles over Calder****.

Should have been a speech sacking RP but he's got a good excuse in that he knows nothing about football.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Funny the indifference showing to paying customers at one of the businesses he owns... He needs to put something on record here

Quote Originally Posted by WHAM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm aware he has delegated the running of the club to RP but you would have at least maybe expected the owner to have released a statement or something. When was the last time he has actually attended anything to do with the club? Was he at the last AGM?
    I keep on saying this but no matter who takes over from rod they will still only be an employee of STF and nothing will change. If STF has been happy how things have been going for the past 7 years or so and thinks Rod is doing ok, what chance do we have. He has no ambition for the football club, just an interest in keeping it safe and ticking over. Until we have an owner who wants us to be at the top of the premiership and winning things nothing will change. Sack Petrie and replace with the next yes man.

Sir Tom was at last year's AGM. Did not speak

First Team Breakthrough GRANTON_HIBS's Avatar
    I wonder if he even knows that his club is again a national laughing stock and playing in the second division next season.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is not Sir Tom Farmer's fault.

He was a saviour 24 years ago and his involvement since then has been limited, as guarantor for loans and for the appointment of Petrie. Rod is responsible for all aspects that affect the business and the football side.

Up until recently sir Tom will have been happy with Rod's work as were some on here. Now it has all gone pear shaped and changes are afoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

He was a saviour 24 years ago and his involvement since then has been limited, as guarantor for loans and for the appointment of Petrie. Rod is responsible for all aspects that affect the business and the football side.

Up until recently sir Tom will have been happy with Rod's work as were some on here. Now it has all gone pear shaped and changes are afoot.
    Hope you're right Spike and that RP will soon be history.

With regard to STF I'm thinking he saved us from Mercer and now he has to save us from Rod
    This is how it feels

Testimonial Due

We need to be careful what we wish for. I would far rather have a financial backer that is silent than not have one at all, or the polar which is of course vlad...and we all know how that ended. We have a great setup, it is just not being managed properly at the moment. I could not think of anything worse than staring down the barrel of this fan ownership stuff.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Hope you're right Spike and that RP will soon be history.

With regard to STF I'm thinking he saved us from Mercer and now he has to save us from Rod
    Well he should have done that years ago, this hasnae happened over night, this has been coming for years, by doing nowt he's every bit as guilty as that ****er petrie

Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa View Post
    Well he should have done that years ago, this hasnae happened over night, this has been coming for years, by doing nowt he's every bit as guilty as that ****er petrie
    I agree J and he should do it now, no excuses, just do it
    This is how it feels

I keep hearing the phrase "be careful what you wish for".....I wish for an owner who cares about the football side of the club, as well as one who manages to invest/balance the books.....Sadly we have an owner who knows nowt about football, and places all his trust in an Accountant, who equally knows nowt about football.....Never mind the Stadium and Training complex are fabulous.....

As Hibs supporter's we don't wish for much, just as well really, as we constantly under achieve on the part where it matters most, the pitch
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I keep hearing the phrase "be careful what you wish for".....I wish for an owner who cares about the football side of the club, as well as one who manages to invest/balance the books.....Sadly we have an owner who knows nowt about football, and places all his trust in an Accountant, who equally knows nowt about football.....Never mind the Stadium and Training complex are fabulous.....

As Hibs supporter's we don't wish for much, just as well really, as we constantly under achieve on the part where it matters most, the pitch
    You are hearing that phrase for a reason. The fact is that there is not a queue of people who want to buy the club, whether they are fit and proper persons or not. They simply aren't there. Sir Tom has always made his position very clear and we all found that acceptable at that time. I think that he has stepped in when he has needed to, sacking Alex Miller for one, and I have a feeling that he will step in again here and Rod Petrie will betaken out of his position and more power will be transferred to Dempster.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    We need to be careful what we wish for. I would far rather have a financial backer that is silent than not have one at all, or the polar which is of course vlad...and we all know how that ended. We have a great setup, it is just not being managed properly at the moment. I could not think of anything worse than staring down the barrel of this fan ownership stuff.
    Yes wining 2 Scottish cups and creaming us in 1 of the finals as well as helping to relegate us this season along with continually out fighting and out playing us. And where do they find themselves playing in the same league as US..They really have felt pain and embaressment . keep the faith

STF saved us all those years ago, but hes been an absent landlord for how long now, we need an owner with a clear vision of what he wants from the club and the direction it should take, something we have lacked IMO am i right in thinking the club is for sale if a favourable bid were to come in? maybe we as a club should be actively looking for a change of ownership? the infrastructure is in place we just lack a team oriented vision to progress again IMO

As the current owner of our football club the blame for where we have fallen to can only lie with one person and that's STF. He employs Petrie.

If STF had taken the same attitude to his first garage as he has with Hibs he'd have never made it beyond the back street, in his overalls. And the back streets of Scottish football is where we are.
    Space to let

Rodders acts as a human shield for Farmer. Given how dysfunctional Hibs is as an organisation Farmer gets away completely scot-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Love the Green View Post
    Yes winning 2 Scottish cups and creaming us in 1 of the finals as well as helping to relegate us this season along with continually outfighting and outplaying us. And where do they find themselves? Playing in the same league as US. They really have felt pain and embarrassment. keep the faith

Unfortunately.

For me STF is as culpable as anyone for the mess we find ourselves in. For me he either steps up and invests, gets rid of Petrie or he leaves the club with immediate effect.

All those saying "be careful what you wish for or we might end up like Hearts" I just don't get it. They are in the exact same position as us but along the way have won three Scottish cups, split the old firm and dished out countless humiliations to us.

What has our current owner and chairman achieved? As far as I can see absolutely nothing of note bar making the club a laughing stock over and over again! Enough is surely enough!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    For me STF is as culpable as anyone for the mess we find ourselves in. For me he either steps up and invests, gets rid of Petrie or he leaves the club with immediate effect.

All those saying "be careful what you wish for or we might end up like Hearts" I just don't get it. They are in the exact same position as us but along the way have won three Scottish cups, split the old firm and dished out countless humiliations to us.

What has our current owner and chairman achieved? As far as I can see absolutely nothing of note bar making the club a laughing stock over and over again! Enough is surely enough!
    Two relegations in 16/17 years, as many as the club has suffered in it's other hundred plus years. Good job, well run club, what a dream team.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 28-05-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Scottish football isn't an investment, that's the bottom line for me. Who's going to buy the club from STF? Why would anyone? If you're not a Hibs fan with money you're happy to burn, and still want to buy Hibs, then surely we, the supporters, have to question that persons business sense to begin with.

So people who are saying he needs to sell, who to? That's a fair question to ask surely.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    How do folk feel now about how well this club has been run by the financial genius? Great infrastructure, although i'd say the helipad is on the back burner for a bit now.

Years of watching sheite on the park so we could eventually push on with better facilities was one big con, bull**** from the biggest shyster to enter Easter Road since Mercer tried.

The bullet that was meant for that hearts prick should be dusted down and aimed at that **** Petrie.

And remember Petrie is only STF's mouthpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Scottish football isn't an investment, that's the bottom line for me. Who's going to buy the club from STF? Why would anyone? If you're not a Hibs fan with money you're happy to burn, and still want to buy Hibs, then surely we, the supporters, have to question that persons business sense to begin with.

So people who are saying he needs to sell, who to? That's a fair question to ask surely.
    So, instead of perhaps putting the word out that the club is up for sale you are quite happy to have this failed owner and chairmen to carry on?

Baa.....

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post

Spot on.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    So, instead of perhaps putting the word out that the club is up for sale you are quite happy to have this failed owner and chairmen to carry on?

Baa.....
    The word has been out for years.

Other than, as far as public knowledge is concerned, a wee bite from Brian Kennedy, there has been no serious interest. What does that tell you about what is for sale?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

This is not logical, Captain.

On the one hand you say it's not STF's fault.

On the other you acknowledge that he's the one who sicced Petrie onto the club.

He's also gone on record more than once defending him and his appalling record of incompetence.

Which is it - was STF at fault, or wasn't he?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    How do folk feel now about how well this club has been run by the financial genius? Great infrastructure, although i'd say the helipad is on the back burner for a bit now.

Years of watching sheite on the park so we could eventually push on with better facilities was one big con, bull**** from the biggest shyster to enter Easter Road since Mercer tried.

The bullet that was meant for that hearts prick should be dusted down and aimed at that **** Petrie.

And remember Petrie is only STF's mouthpiece.

If Petrie's looking for a stadium sponsor for next season, might I recommend this as an appropriate and fitting possibility?

"The Easter Road White Elephant Arena".

Sounds about right.

http://www.whiteelephantstores.com/

Baa.....
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The word has been out for years.

Other than, as far as public knowledge is concerned, a wee bite from Brian Kennedy, there has been no serious interest. What does that tell you about what is for sale?

As far as I know The Rangers are not currently for sale yet Dave King is telling all and sundry that he wants the club, how much he will put in and what he wants to do when he gets it.

As far as I am aware the club has been "available" since the nineties at least but that there are no takers (other than Brian Kennedy (see Stockport County)) speaks volumes.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

Baa.....
    SHEEP.jpg

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

People who care about the club perhaps? A consortium? Just because we haven't been sold yet doesn't mean to say we won't.

If we all thought like that this club would have died in 1990 - the irony being we need now to take the club back from the man who saved it then.
    Last edited by Baader; 28-05-2014 at 01:03 PM.