hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will Fan Power Be Able To Oust Petrie & Butcher?

According to the DR Hibs fans are set to go into all-out attack in a bid to oust chairman Rod Petrie and boss Terry Butcher, hopefully we succeed as this is the time for a total clearout & re-build.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...medium=twitter

KEY fan groups, ex-Hibs players and influential corporate supporters met to discuss a plan that will see a clearout from top to bottom following the club's plunge into relegation.

FURIOUS Hibs fans are set to go into all-out attack in a bid to oust chairman Rod Petrie and boss Terry Butcher.

The Leith faithful want a clearout from top to bottom following the club’s plunge into the Championship.

Key fan groups, ex-players and influential corporate supporters met last night and will now come up with a battle plan.

Mike Riley, chairman of the Hibernian Supporters’ Association, said: “We want Petrie to resign and we want Butcher and Maurice Malpas to resign as well.

“We want a complete clearout at Easter Road and will announce plans about how we’re going to go about it. It will be an attack – we’re not sitting back.

“We want the coaches to go, the scouts to go. Everything. There’s something really rotten in Easter Road. What happens if you’ve got a rotten apple? You smash it up and throw it away.

“Petrie said he won’t walk away and that it would be wrong to pack it in. Why?

“If Leeann Dempster is coming in to run everything and be the chief executive why do we need Petrie? It’s the second time his policies have seen us relegated.”

Riley also revealed the fans want representation on the board but admitted some punters overstepped the mark with their protests after Sunday’s defeat.

One TV journalist was hit by a coin and Riley said: “There’s no excuse for hitting any innocent people.

“You can never condone violence but feelings were running high. There were 18,000 fans there and what do Hibs do? Make a fool of us. Kids were crying in their sleep. Grown-ups in tears.”

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well IMO this is the only way we're going to get our club back from these idiots. It will take a massive combined effort to get them out but - as shown in other clubs - it can certainly be done. It might even take an organised boycott of matches to achieve it. I know many think this will damage the team's chances, but this season has proved that Hibs fans turning up does NOTHIG to inspire this team. We need to think what is the long term good of the club and not about a few results in the Championship !

Really glad they are getting organised.

The only long-term solution is fan ownership. The current feudal model is a throwback and the main reason change is so painfully slow/going in reverse.

I don't always agree with Riley but he's got it right here IMO

We must do something about it now. Make sure Petrie is removed from his post on the board in any capacity.
    If it's not done now it'll be too late. We'll be half way through the season wondering how we got here.

A calm and calculated but firm response from Hibernian supporters is needed now.

It's our club and it's up to us to make sure it's in the hands of the right person/people

A man with any "integrity" would have walked by now.

@hibs.net private member
    Trying to oust Petrie should have been done about two years back.

Sorry, but it's too late now. The damage is done.

dont know if it will be enough but its got to be worth a try

if petrie is still at the club next season then we might as well forget about promotion , he will have us in league 1 before you know it

PETRIE MUST GO

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Do we just give up and close the doors at the club for good now tgen?

Unfortunately this is where I am at the moment. The immediate future for the club does not look too rosey and I doubt there's anyone with the savvy to turn the club around any time soon.

IMO there is no limit to the damage that Petrie can do to this club. With him in place, the club will remain divided and remote from its fans. The longer that remains the worse the situation becomes.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    I don't always agree with Riley but he's got it right here IMO We must do something about it now. Make sure Petrie is removed from his post on the board in any capacity. If it's not done now it'll be too late. We'll be half way through the season wondering how we got here. A calm and calculated but firm response from Hibernian supporters is needed now. It's our club and it's up to us to make sure it's in the hands of the right person/people A man with any "integrity" would have walked by now.
    Petrie and Integrity should never be in the same sentence

I want Petrie out, have done for years, but not too sure that getting rid of TB would be a good thing. OK, we weren't playing fabulous football since he came in, but IMHO it was more down to the players/make up of the squad that was the problem. THAT was down to Fenlon. Do we get rid of yet another manager without giving him time to get his own team in?
    Plus if this is all done at once how do we get people in in time to have us fully ready for the start of, probably, the biggest season in our history?

Left by mutual consent!
    There’s something really rotten in Easter Road.
    Has been for years, **** off petrie

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Personally think they are 2 different things. Petrie deffo should go however dont think it is up to fans to decide or try and influence who the manager is.

the question is how do we as fans oust petrie

protests ?

a hate campaign ?

threats ?

bribery ?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Personally think they are 2 different things. Petrie deffo should go however dont think it is up to fans to decide or try and influence who the manager is.
    I ken where you are coming from but after watching a rookie manager out-think TB then I don't care how he leaves our club, just that he leaves.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Fully agree with this, but only on the Petrie part, he NEEDS to get the hell out of our club. I feel we'd be making a mistake letting Butcher go though without atleast giving him a summer transfer window to shape HIS OWN team.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Fully agree with this, but only on the Petrie part, he NEEDS to get the hell out of our club. I feel we'd be making a mistake letting Butcher go though without atleast giving him a summer transfer window to shape HIS OWN team.
    I dont think he knows how to shape a team, i'm convinced he got lucky at ICT. His record before them is very poor, and i believe he's bluffed his way through football management.

Then it's damage limitation. The longer we wait the worse it wil get. It's never too late to get rid of this despot.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    I ken where you are coming from but after watching a rookie manager out-think TB then I don't care how he leaves our club, just that he leaves.
    100% this. Get the clown and his sidekick away from ER before he has a chance to do more damage.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    I don't always agree with Riley but he's got it right here IMO

We must do something about it now. Make sure Petrie is removed from his post on the board in any capacity.
    If it's not done now it'll be too late. We'll be half way through the season wondering how we got here.

A calm and calculated but firm response from Hibernian supporters is needed now.

It's our club and it's up to us to make sure it's in the hands of the right person/people

A man with any "integrity" would have walked by now.
    No chance of "ousting" RP but surely even he can see how poor Butcher and Malpas have been and drove the team performances to the relegation position we ended up in!

I wouldn't trust these two with anything at Hibs after there performance since their appointment!

They have been nothing short of woeful and their plan of "stabilising the club" in 2013/14 (they actually totally destabilised it from where it was when they arrived) and then building a "new Hibs" thereafter was destroyed because they could do the first part of the plan! Something that no-one thought would be a difficulty for such a fantastic management duo with such a long track record of unbridled success at various football clubs all over the World (ok maybe MM wasn't at them all!)! Oh wait..........Have I got that wrong there?

They couldn't even match Pat Fenlon's record of results in 2013/14 (and Pat walked because of his record!) with the same group of players ffs!

I really hope that TB and MM are away this week because I will not return to ER whilst they are still in post! That's really not an option that I ever thought of with previous managers and not something that, as a Hibs fan for many many years, I really want to do!

However, if they stay, I'll be getting entertained elsewhere and by something else (yet to be decided but there are a few healthy options) on match days!
    Last edited by TornadoHibby; 27-05-2014 at 07:24 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo Fring View Post

protests ?

a hate campaign ?

threats ?

bribery ?
    I think you need to be careful with what you are saying. Yes things are bad but nobody deserves some of the above, what happened to Hibs Class??

I'm all for ousting Petrie. Butcher I'm not so sure about, yes his tactics baffle me but it we don't know how much his hands have been tied in the past regarding player signings that may have prevented this mess in the first place. I was all for sacking butcher weeks ago but it's apparent they are underlying causes other than the manager. If we are going do something as well we should really be keeping off the front pages of that weegie rag! Daily ranger will be delighted that it's not they're beloved rangers in crisis so we should not give them anything!

If the decision to keep Butcher is made and Dempster still wants him when she comes we should back her decision and back him. He has made mistakes no doubt but turning up for our first fixture next season and giving him dogs abuse if we don't win 5-0 while playing like Brazil would be a mistake on our part and would be a horrible way to go on.

Great to hear about the meeting last night, i was worried things might die down again. Id be fully behind any plan to get rid of these clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo Fring View Post

protests ?

a hate campaign ?

threats ?

bribery ?
    Buy out the club and take collective responsibility for all decisions.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ionahibby View Post
    I'm all for ousting Petrie. Butcher I'm not so sure about, yes his tactics baffle me but it we don't know how much his hands have been tied in the past regarding player signings that may have prevented this mess in the first place. I was all for sacking butcher weeks ago but it's apparent they are underlying causes other than the manager. If we are going do something as well we should really be keeping off the front pages of that weegie rag! Daily ranger will be delighted that it's not they're beloved rangers in crisis so we should not give them anything!
    What exactly do you mean by that, the bit in bold specifically please?

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    What exactly do you mean by that, the bit in bold specifically please?
    I mean were there players that butcher wanted to sign that he was prevented by doing by our esteemed leader Petrie. I don't know for sure i certainly don't have any info or anything but it wouldn't surprise me.

I think the best course of action before we start any protest or ousting of people would be to get some sort of meeting sorted with leean dempster and then if we feel we are not be listened to then by all means we should do what we need to.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Only petrie and STF have sway over enough shares to actually influence it, but i am pretty confident there are enough of us who are small shareholders to organise our own vote of no confidence in the chairman if that's the way we want to go. In terms of number of shares held it won't amount to a hill of beans but I'd guess it would send a message about how many actual fans who are shareholders don't back him or want change.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!

I may be in a minority of one but relegation may be the catalyst for change at OUR club, I would suffer the humiliation of said relegation to force regime at ER. If we can mount a campaign wherby fans contribute month sums we can take OUR club back from the clowns, PETRIE MUST GO !