hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Sportsound

Left by mutual consent!

Sportsound

Anyone know why it isn't on tonight? Thought it would have been a decent listen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone know why it isn't on tonight? Thought it would have been a decent listen.
    The guys are all still out in the Bevie celebrating hibs relegation mate .

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    All you would hear is a laughing sound effect for the duration of an hour.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Ah, that explains it

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Its all about Hibs on Eklipse Sports radio, if you can bear it anymore

Sportsound would have been an hour of jambos s******ing and Tom English repeating the words "I told you so".

No thanks.

you better believe it.
    That lot have had it right in for Hibs for months.
    Richard farmer sh*gger Gordon. Rob slanty eyes McLean. Fatso Robertson. Willie skelp Miller. Billy Boy Dodds. Alan peanut brains Preston.
    what a group of absolute smegma lickers.
    can't wait to see their clubs FAIL in future.

what gets me is McLean and Gordon both reckon they're the country's football super brains. Sadly, they don't come even close to their English counterparts. Chalk and cheese. Their commentary and general punditry is dire and sore to listen to.
    Move on ya fuds.
    Last edited by Hibernia Na Eir; 26-05-2014 at 05:48 PM.

They've finally run out of withering things to say about Hibs.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Bank Holiday Monday so it's only available as a download today.

FK Sportsound. It's full of Hand-shaking Anti-Hibs nonsense anyway. Those cants will be loving it. See how *** much they are loving the premiership next year without premiership teams. Bawbags

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    I wonder why you all listen to it if they upset you so much. Put on The Archers instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Euchrid View Post
    I wonder why you all listen to it if they upset you so much. Put on The Archers instead.
    They are slagging Hibs in Ambridge too.

I hadn't listened to Sportsound in ages (normally at the game when it is on) and considered the ctiticism it got on here to be Celtic-esque paranoia.

I missed the game yesterday as I was at a wedding and listened to the build-up to the game and was absolutely flabbergasted at how critical they were of Hibs in the lead up to the game, and how they seemed to be hell-bent on talking Hibs into a poor result. Ok, we have been grim this season but we were in a pretty solid position going into yesterday's game off the back of a solid if unspectacular performance at Hamilton.

Didn't hear the game or the aftermath but I could only have imaged they would be revelling in the "I told you so" glory of it all.

With hindsight none of it is really unreasonable. Take a club of our size and budget, give it 3 months to get 4 points and avoid a play-off or get 90 minutes to better a 2-0 defeat at home with a full house behind you against lower league opposition, fail to do it, and imo you deserve every little piece of criticism that comes your way. I just wish they didn't seem to enjoy it all so much.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I hadn't listened to Sportsound in ages (normally at the game when it is on) and considered the ctiticism it got on here to be Celtic-esque paranoia.

I missed the game yesterday as I was at a wedding and listened to the build-up to the game and was absolutely flabbergasted at how critical they were of Hibs in the lead up to the game, and how they seemed to be hell-bent on talking Hibs into a poor result. Ok, we have been grim this season but we were in a pretty solid position going into yesterday's game off the back of a solid if unspectacular performance at Hamilton.

Didn't hear the game or the aftermath but I could only have imaged they would be revelling in the "I told you so" glory of it all.

With hindsight none of it is really unreasonable. Take a club of our size and budget, give it 3 months to get 4 points and avoid a play-off or get 90 minutes to better a 2-0 defeat at home with a full house behind you against lower league opposition, fail to do it, and imo you deserve every little piece of criticism that comes your way. I just wish they didn't seem to enjoy it all so much.

Why? If it was The Dons, I would be laughing my tits off. Why wouldn't Gordon et Al do the same for hibs?

As has been said before, we are a big club, its a big story.

This is what saddens and angers me the most. Our once proud club has been reduced to a laughing stock. Those responsible should hang their heads in shame. You know who you are.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Accidentally channel-hopped on to Sportsound on the way home and Richard Gordon, who I once thought was a very decent broadcaster, sounded as if he might have been coming in the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Why? If it was The Dons, I would be laughing my tits off. Why wouldn't Gordon et Al do the same for hibs?

As has been said before, we are a big club, its a big story.
    Fair enough and as a fan I'd have had a quiet chuckle myself.

But we're not employed to host a license-fee funded broadcast. A bit of decorum, impartiality and tact used to be important in that line of work - not any more it seems.

First Team Breakthrough
    Don't get the sportsound hate really. I've rarely heard anyone on it say anything that most hibs fans haven't said themselves.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee19 View Post
    Don't get the sportsound hate really. I've rarely heard anyone on it say anything that most hibs fans haven't said themselves.
    I don't hate it, just choose to ignore it as they're not very funny, their debates amongst themselves lack intellect and their inability to practise neutrality is wearisome.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    They are slagging Hibs in Ambridge too.
    Naw, you're thinking of Tom's organic sausages.

It was on...only lasted long enough to say "I told you so".

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Blatant anti-sausage bias. Sickening.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Apparently wee Lewis is partial to them...

Does it not stop now that the season has finished?

Richard Gordon hates Hibs and all his sly and not so sly comments grind on me. But what comes around goes around, karma I think they call it. Well Richard or Dick as I like to call you, you have a whole bunch of it coming your way, I can't wait.
    Last edited by Emerald; 26-05-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just before the 6pm news on Radio Scotland i had to suffer plastic toothed Mulligan crying crocodile tears that there are now no capital teams in the top flight of scottish football. He came across exactly what he is " a self obsessed Hear7s prick.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I plucked up the courage this afternoon to listen to the Sportsound podcast from Sunday`s calamity, and while it made for some uncomfortable listening, I don`t get the outrage directed at the show and it`s presenters that many on here proclaim.
    While Hamilton got the plaudits they deserved, our plight was given plenty air-time, along with some good interviews with fans who had gathered at West Stand entrance. Certainly didn`t hear anyone taking pleasure at our situation and being mocked and ridiculed as has been claimed on earlier threads

For anyone who has the stomach for it, podcast available to listen here.... http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/...0525-1902a.mp3

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee19 View Post
    There's the difference though, as a Hibs fan I can,will and do berate the team if the performance is crap but if anyone who not a Hibs fan slags my team I get effing annoyed.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I plucked up the courage this afternoon to listen to the Sportsound podcast from Sunday`s calamity, and while it made for some uncomfortable listening, I don`t get the outrage directed at the show and it`s presenters that many on here proclaim.
    While Hamilton got the plaudits they deserved, our plight was given plenty air-time, along with some good interviews with fans who had gathered at West Stand entrance. Certainly didn`t hear anyone taking pleasure at our situation and being mocked and ridiculed as has been claimed on earlier threads

For anyone who has the stomach for it, podcast available to listen here.... http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/...0525-1902a.mp3

Listening to it now, Tom English bang on the money about Hibs as usual.