hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Clearout

First Team Breakthrough Devilstorment's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devilstorment PSN ID: Devilstorment

The Clearout

So lots of rumours about players going, looking like the majority of the squad has been emptied, or been told to find a new club.

Butcher has rightly taken A LOT of stick on here, with the majority calling for him to quit or be fired.

Does this instant reaction go anyway to buying Butcher more time? He has clearly had his mind made up from around New Year who was and was not in his plans. He has acted swiftly and with conviction around making the sweeping/drastic changes that we as a fan base have been asking for.

Or is this just another step in the now annual cycle of rebuild that happens every close season? with a bunch of journeymen brought in to take a wage and "try" to make a difference.

Personally I am interested to see who Butcher brings in, the worst thing has already happened in that we have been relegated. I have to have confidence that Butcher will bring players in capable of playing football he wants played (which I have to believe is not Hoofball).

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I believe the same players would have left even if we stayed up, I think this was planned by Butcher a long time ago

First Team Breakthrough
    Have to disagree with the last bit - he's shown us nothing but hoofball is his way and attempting to hold on at home against (albeit) a better team when 1-0 down in the most important game our Club has faced in years is indefensible.

He should have been the first to go. I always he thought he had integrity - he has none and is an utter failure of an appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilstorment View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does this instant reaction go anyway to buying Butcher more time?
    Not for me.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not defending the players as they're clearly part of the reason we're in this mess - but ultimately a good manager should be able to mould a half decent squad of players into an effective footballing side.

Butcher has completely and utterly failed to do that.

Not having the exact staff you want may be a mitigating factor in not achieving stretch goals but it is most certainly not an excuse for the potentially business ruining failure he has overseen. And with a good start I might add.

Left by mutual consent!

hkhibby

So lots of rumours about players going, looking like the majority of the squad has been emptied, or been told to find a new club.

Butcher has rightly taken A LOT of stick on here, with the majority calling for him to quit or be fired.

Does this instant reaction go anyway to buying Butcher more time? He has clearly had his mind made up from around New Year who was and was not in his plans. He has acted swiftly and with conviction around making the sweeping/drastic changes that we as a fan base have been asking for.

Or is this just another step in the now annual cycle of rebuild that happens every close season? with a bunch of journeymen brought in to take a wage and "try" to make a difference.

Personally I am interested to see who Butcher brings in, the worst thing has already happened in that we have been relegated. I have to have confidence that Butcher will bring players in capable of playing football he wants played (which I have to believe is not Hoofball).
    Did he not take ICT down as well?,im not sure either way about Butcher now, on one hand i'd like to say stick with him, on the other he produced nothing and has presided over us being relegated, and most managers either resign or are got rid off when this happens!

I supported his appointment at the time in November, but now it just seems all a complete waist of time and resources, as he has done nothing which i am completely surprised at, even if he inhereted a rubbish squad, you would have thought that he might have managed for them to keep us up just!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    I believe the same players would have left even if we stayed up, I think this was planned by Butcher a long time ago
    Self fulfilling. The players knew they were going to get emptied so didn't fight for the jersey. I blame Butcher for that. He sucked the life out of the guys and they played like a bunch of doomed individuals. Butcher is ultimately to blame for our relegation and I will never forgive him for that.

The Hibs Family has never been so divided and fragmented. As long as Petrie and Butcher are here, that will prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by HKhibby View Post
    Did he not take ICT down as well?,im not sure either way about Butcher now, on one hand i'd like to say stick with him, on the other he produced nothing and has presided over us being relegated, and most managers either resign or are got rid off when this happens!

I supported his appointment at the time in November, but now it just seems all a complete waist of time and resources, as he has done nothing which i am completely surprised at, even if he inhereted a rubbish squad, you would have thought that he might have managed for them to keep us up just!
    You're not giving Butcher enough credit here. It took a very special talent to get us relegated from where we were. Given the quality of the opposition, Butchers record is as bad as Duff Jimmy. It is truly horrendous - probably worse than not having a manager at all !

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Mo View Post
    Have to disagree with the last bit - he's shown us nothing but hoofball is his way and attempting to hold on at home against (albeit) a better team when 1-0 down in the most important game our Club has faced in years is indefensible.

He should have been the first to go. I always he thought he had integrity - he has none and is an utter failure of an appointment.
    Totally agree

Has anyone heard the ENTIRE 1st team squad have been told to take a pay cut or find a new club?

Will this mean Hanlon, Stevenson, McGivern and Nelson may be going too?

If that is the case I wonde if Butcher Lee-anne and MM are taking a pay cut ?
    Last edited by Sammy7nil; 27-05-2014 at 07:56 PM.

First Team Breakthrough Devilstorment's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devilstorment PSN ID: Devilstorment
    I have only heard rumblings on hear about the 50% pay cut. I can't see it being the case. %50 is a massive pay cut to expect anyone to take and I doubt, unless pencilled in at point of signing, there is any way that it can be enforced

I have only heard rumblings on hear about the 50% pay cut. I can't see it being the case. %50 is a massive pay cut to expect anyone to take and I doubt, unless pencilled in at point of signing, there is any way that it can be enforced
    Pay peanuts and you get monkeys. If any of these guys are not worth paying current wages, then they are not worth keeping ! Get shot of them all. In fact, close the whole club down for a year so we can clear out Petrie, Butcher and his man team, None of them can be trusted to make ANY decisions that affect Hibs future. We need to stop them Now. Someone PLEASE stop these incompetents from doing any more damage. Enough.

I would have thought Hanlon would have been the obvious Captain in the 1st divison not being asked to take a large paycut

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Not for me.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not defending the players as they're clearly part of the reason we're in this mess - but ultimately a good manager should be able to mould a half decent squad of players into an effective footballing side.

Butcher has completely and utterly failed to do that.

Not having the exact staff you want may be a mitigating factor in not achieving stretch goals but it is most certainly not an excuse for the potentially business ruining failure he has overseen. And with a good start I might add.
    This . I'm very worried Butcher is still Hibs manager. His style of playing the game and footballing philosophy is pre-historic.

I can only presume he was kept on by Petrie for financial reasons only, because he knows f*** all about football. Could turn out to be yet another major blunder. I can only hope it's not.

@hibs.net private member
    So Leigh wanted to come to Hibs, Wolves have a player who wasn't in their plans so they were willing to let him go, but Hibs and Wolves couldn't agree a fee, if this is the case, its another petrie **** up!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    So Leigh wanted to come to Hibs, Wolves have a player who wasn't in their plans so they were willing to let him go, but Hibs and Wolves couldn't agree a fee, if this is the case, its another petrie **** up!
    Petrie said that LG was not for sale......bull****. Every player in that Wolves team was for sale you only had to pay the right price. There was, and still is, a ONE MILLION interest free loan from Farmer lying unused. Mark my words if we had bought Leigh at the start of the seasn or even Adam Rooney in the last transfer window we would not have been relegated. FACT. Petrie should be dismissed for gross negligence for allowing this to happen. He is like the captain of the poor illfated ship who took a lifeboat whilst his ship sunk.Get him out now.

So, have we no goalkeeper?

My worry is Butcher is making important decisions right now about players and he shouldn't be in charge of our club still.

If he stays he has to perform a miracle and change his hoofball tactics - something I can't see old school Malpas coaching having observed some of his coaching 1st hand.

Add to that you will be able to see how we will play next season in the first 45mins of preseason - will it be long ball (hoof) or something which is structured and resembles football - if Hamilton can out play us at home then we have major problems.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: magseven7
    I think it would be ridiculous to sack Butcher. He has made a pigs ear of the relegation run in but once he brings his own players in, ones who aren't big time prima donnas and actually want to play for him, he will come good. Guaranteed.

Amazing how Nelson also wasn't first out the door. Would rather have a youngster who can pass the ball then someone who just constantly gives it back to the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by magnificent_seven View Post
    I think it would be ridiculous to sack Butcher. He has made a pigs ear of the relegation run in but once he brings his own players in, ones who aren't big time prima donnas and actually want to play for him, he will come good. Guaranteed.
    He made us worse - how was that even possible? Shocking managemen, player recruitment and tactics that's how.

Quote Originally Posted by magnificent_seven View Post
    Phew what a relief thanks for that here was me thinking the guy was a useless tw@t of a manager.

ALL Hibs fans will sleep easier tonight after tour guarantee

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: magseven7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Phew what a relief thanks for that here was me thinking the guy was a useless tw@t of a manager.

ALL Hibs fans will sleep easier tonight after tour guarantee
    Just my opinion, that's what message boards are for right? It was only a matter if time that this club ended up in the state it is just now, regardless of who was the manager. The club needed a kick up the arse. Butcher is hardly daft, he has never flopped at a Scottish club, and has a proven track record of building teams who consistently challenged at the top half of the premier league. That ability doesn't just disappear. It's no coincidence that the squad that got relegated was built by Pat Fenlon. Look how entertaining he teams Butcher had at Motherwell and ICT were. And given time he will bring that here. I just don't see the point in sh**ting the bed and sacking him. The cost implications involved in that can be better used towards new players.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HKhibby View Post

He relegated ICT & Motherwell. Falkirk should have been promoted but never had the stadium criteria so WELL stayed up. At least TB is consistently hopeless.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Butcher can gtf. Hoofball pish. Simply no coming back from that.
    Had 2 months knowing we were in real trouble and somehow shape a win from our many games left. Shameful mis management.

First Team Breakthrough
    Why was Nelson and mcgivern not told to look for another club?

Quote Originally Posted by wills View Post
    Think they are still under contract. Negotiations ongoing?

@hibs.net private member
    Nelson and mcgivern are amazing

At f all! They need to leave

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    If the rumour on here yesterday about Stevenson being told to find a new club is true I'll be gutted. I'd want us to keep Hanlon, Forster, Robertson, Stevenson, Stanton, Harris and Cummings from the first team but would be particularly disappointed if we were to lose Lewie.

Left by mutual consent!
    They have been. They were both told yesterday they are free to find new clubs.
    Last edited by BOB MARLEYS DUG; 27-05-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    They have been. They were both told yesterday they are free to find new clubs.
    Can I just ask how you have all this inside info?