hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: The way forward

The way forward

Bring in John Collins with a free reign and get him to bring in 10-15 hungry players who will fight for the right to wear the shirt. A young coach like Ian Murray to help out. Sorry but TB and MM are not the answer. Too many players in the comfort zone picking up £70k a year to turn up at E M and go through the motions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 1875er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bring in John Collins with a free reign and get him to bring in 10-15 hungry players who will fight for the right to wear the shirt. A young coach like Ian Murray to help out. Sorry but TB and MM are not the answer. Too many players in the comfort zone picking up £70k a year to turn up at E M and go through the motions.

Achieved nothing as a Manager - " Tried and found guilty" .
    Now yesterdays man !!

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Now yesterdays man !!
    Have you forgotten the league Cup?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Now yesterdays man !!
    Just cause you personally dont like him?

Your talking............
    Last edited by HNA7; 25-05-2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: No personal abuse please.

No !
    But his man management skills were NON EXISTANT . For instance could never find the time to have a " one to one " with young players who were looking for help and advice .
    Team sports are all about bonding , getting the right mix in the coaching staff and respect on both sides Collins failed to do achieve any of these things and he " lost" the dressing room .

Quote Originally Posted by 1875er View Post

As much as it hurts like a mother ****** right now we do need to find a vision/changes for a way forward but as much as there is a lot of positive things Collins brings, identifying players isn't one of them. Plays football the right way though and his attitude/professionalism is without question. Bringing players players in isn't his strong point.... but I get the sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Just cause you personally dont like him?

Your talking............

Strangely enough on the number of occasions I have met JC at functions over the years have always enjoyed his company - last time was two weeks ago in Glasgow
    Suggest you speak withe players who were at ER when he wasthere .
    My two lads tried on more than one occasion to get a " one to one" and were brushed off
    Wee bit of research and you find out quite a lot - you should try it !!

What's the love in with getting Collins back? Yes he should have been backed but never and Petrie screwed up having the meeting with the players.

Yes I want to see us play good football with youngsters but Collins is not the man