hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar

Lennon to leave?

Just been reading that Lennon is heading for the exit door at Smeltic (according to the Dailymail).

With a bit of luck, hopefully Super Leigh could be shortly behind him - wouldn't that be a decent first summer signing!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Yeah, bookies have suspended betting on Larsson as next Celtic manager.

Be interested to see where Lennon ends up if he does leave Declan Park.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Norwich always seem to be the team mentioned?

Declan Park? Been spending time on Rangersmedia?

Can't blame him for wanting to go and test himself at a good level.

He will never get any credit for winning things at Celtic, rightly so to some extent, so might feel he has to go elsewhere to see how good he is.

I think he will prove to be a decent manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    True, but what would be the point? A Championship side that he'd have to get promoted and would never get anywhere near even a EL place if/when back in the Prem.

It could only really be Spurs.

True, but what would be the point? A Championship side that he'd have to get promoted and would never get anywhere near even a EL place if/when back in the Prem.

It could only really be Spurs.
    It's quite a step up if he ended up at Spurs, more likely to be a stepping stone first - Norwich, Blackpool, Fulham ?

It's quite a step up if he ended up at Spurs, more likely to be a stepping stone first - Norwich, Blackpool, Fulham ?
    You have a point. There's little doubt he'll not be at Celtic forever, but would you cash in guaranteed Europe every year for the likes of Blackpool? Astonished that it didn't work out for Barry Ferguson at Bloomfield Road... thought he would have proved to be a major managerial talent!

Huge mistake imo if he goes,he will never work for a bigger club nor will he have so little grief from the media cause all he has to do is beat rangers and he is fine
    Any move would be downward,imo of course

Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    Huge mistake imo if he goes,he will never work for a bigger club nor will he have so little grief from the media cause all he has to do is beat rangers and he is fine
    He may never work for a bigger club, but there's no shortage of better clubs. He wants a challenge and he's not really getting one at Celtic, other than in Europe. Personally I think it would be ace if he stayed and did 10-in-a-row because the huns would self-combust but can't see him still there in 2021!

He may never work for a bigger club, but there's no shortage of better clubs. He wants a challenge and he's not really getting one at Celtic, other than in Europe. Personally I think it would be ace if he stayed and did 10-in-a-row because the huns would self-combust but can't see him still there in 2021!
    I suppose it depends who you class as a better club,something like Norwich or Blackpool is not exactly setting the heather on fire.
    I personaly dont mind him and not fussed if he stays or goes but odd oneif he does go

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    You have a point. There's little doubt he'll not be at Celtic forever, but would you cash in guaranteed Europe every year for the likes of Blackpool? Astonished that it didn't work out for Barry Ferguson at Bloomfield Road... thought he would have proved to be a major managerial talent!
    Anyone who manages Blackpool has to be either very special or very lucky Ian Holloway was both for a couple of seasons. The oystons who own the club are strangling it, taking every penny of the parachute payments out the club and into their own personal bank accounts.

Blackpool will struggle to stay in the Championship this coming season, it would not surprise me if they were relegated. There is no investment forthcoming for this club these days, and unless they get a manager who can work miracles like Holloway did, they are only going one way and its not upwards.

I suppose it depends who you class as a better club,something like Norwich or Blackpool is not exactly setting the heather on fire.
    I personaly dont mind him and not fussed if he stays or goes but odd oneif he does go
    No, I don't see him going to either of these clubs - they weren't my suggestions. If that prick Ashley wasn't skimming £100m a year from Newcastle United then I'd be happy to see him at St James' Park. Is Newcastle a bigger club than Celtic? No. Does it have more potential than Celtic? Yes.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Keith Jackson twitter

Neil lennon to stand down as celtic manager. Statement expected later today.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-stand-3587279

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27519596
    Last edited by Callum_62; 22-05-2014 at 11:01 AM.

PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Standing down due to concerns over the playing budget (according to the BBC)

Beggars belief really, sounds like he wanted more money to spend and wasn't getting it. Already got the biggest playing budget in Scotland and he still wants more to spend.

what about the Scottish fans?

The bile, the batterings and general hatred he's been shown in this country?

Good move IMO.

He'll see nothing like that down south. If he moves there.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Oh great, they're will be **** all else in the papers for 3 weeks then.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    what about the Scottish fans?

The bile, the batterings and general hatred he's been shown in this country?

Good move IMO.

He'll see nothing like that down south. If he moves there.

and the childish ignorant jibes at his hair colour, like it makes him less of a human being

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Oh great, they're will be **** all else in the papers for 3 weeks then.

i think it will be a good thing leaving us out of the limelight, for a while at least

For various reasons, I'll be glad to see the back of him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Though there has been speculation for a couple of years, he has never given the impression he was for the off so has kept this one very close to his chest if he has indeed been thinking about it a while. I always thought he'd be the sort of guy who would want to say good bye to the fans and if he was leaving, would have announced it before the end of the season. This is making me think he has had an offer from elsewhere or an argument with the board. Or both. Perhaps the Samaras thing (Lennon allegedly wanting to keep him and the board saying no) has had something to do with it.

Tottenham, Southampton, Aston Villa, West Brom and Norwich will all potentially need new managers this summer. Could be others if a merry-go round takes place. E.g. Martinez leaves Everton for Spurs or Arsenal (I'm still not convinced Wenger will stay especially now they have won a trophy he may think it is time to go as he can go without the never won anything in 9 years chat hanging over his head though now he'd have "he only won 1 cup in 9 years" instead!).

For Lennon, Southampton, Villa and West Brom would all be good moves and just about right for both parties. If it came up, he could maybe even get the Everton job which he would be very lucky to get and it would be a gamble for Everton as I think they are bigger than Lennon just now. I also think Spurs would want a bigger name but if he got that job he would really have landed on his feet.

Think Lennon is better than a Championship team (going to would be a big gamble as he could get stuck in the Championship for a few years which would kill his CV) but not good enough for an Everton or a Spurs. His level at the moment is a mid to lower table Premiership team.

Moyes for Celtic anyone?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    If it came up, he could maybe even get the Everton job
    Moyes for Celtic anyone?
    Why would Martinez leave??

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Ginger out Ginger in.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Though there has been speculation for a couple of years, he has never given the impression he was for the off so has kept this one very close to his chest if he has indeed been thinking about it a while. I always thought he'd be the sort of guy who would want to say good bye to the fans and if he was leaving, would have announced it before the end of the season. This is making me think he has had an offer from elsewhere or an argument with the board. Or both. Perhaps the Samaras thing (Lennon allegedly wanting to keep him and the board saying no) has had something to do with it.

Tottenham, Southampton, Aston Villa, West Brom and Norwich will all potentially need new managers this summer. Could be others if a merry-go round takes place. E.g. Martinez leaves Everton for Spurs or Arsenal (I'm still not convinced Wenger will stay especially now they have won a trophy he may think it is time to go as he can go without the never won anything in 9 years chat hanging over his head though now he'd have "he only won 1 cup in 9 years" instead!).

For Lennon, Southampton, Villa and West Brom would all be good moves and just about right for both parties. If it came up, he could maybe even get the Everton job which he would be very lucky to get and it would be a gamble for Everton as I think they are bigger than Lennon just now. I also think Spurs would want a bigger name but if he got that job he would really have landed on his feet.

Think Lennon is better than a Championship team (going to would be a big gamble as he could get stuck in the Championship for a few years which would kill his CV) but not good enough for an Everton or a Spurs. His level at the moment is a mid to lower table Premiership team.

Moyes for Celtic anyone?
    Southampton? Have they gotten rid of poterino? Sp?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Why would Martinez leave??
    If arsenal or spurs offered him big bucks then he might. Not saying they would or he would go but stranger things have happened.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    If arsenal or spurs offered him big bucks then he might. Not saying they would or he would go but stranger things have happened.
    Arsene signed a new contract I think man

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    and the childish ignorant jibes at his hair colour, like it makes him less of a human being
    I will do time if there is any gingerism on this board.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahone View Post
    Southampton? Have they gotten rid of poterino? Sp?
    Rumoured to be catching the eye of bigger clubs (spurs and a few in Europe) and doesn't have the best relationship with owners.

Malky Mackay is odds on for that one now. Expect an announcement in the next day or two.